• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Are psychedelics going mainstream?

Migrated topic.
I think they are certainly more mainstream than ever, thanks to internet and information availability, and that's good.
Even considering that there will be inevitably idiotic cases of abuse and deaths and mental ilnesses.
It's still good for the most of it.

Exitwound said:
I think they are certainly more mainstream than ever, thanks to internet and information availability, and that's good.
Even considering that there will be inevitably idiotic cases of abuse and deaths and mental ilnesses.
It's still good for the most of it.

Well, cannabis has indeed become mainstream, and is probably the most widely used psychedelic i can think of, basically everyone i come across these days knows something about cannabis. which is great.

It may have lost a little of its 'underground' status, but I think for true liberation psychedelics should be everywhere, people should be able to find a psychedelic with ease, for free, growing everywhere! so its not a daunting concept, so that people can just gain an experience whenever they feel ready.

They will never become fully mainstream as long as they are kept criminalized. there will always be people who feel that going against what society deems acceptable are doing a disservice to society as a whole. adn where this may be true, it shouldnt be. people should want to follow in what a society deems acceptable or not, I just wish the premises wherent so unjust and anti-individual.

However.. psychedelics becoming mainstream may help that, BUT whenever a psychedelic becomes recognized, it becomes criminalized, so it almost makes me want to keep shut about a lot of them... very frustrating, best to spread psychedelia low-key, we are not free. and until we are, I dont want psychedelics to become mainstream.

From the article above

"There’s growing support among a number of communities for more research into psychedelics, but the drugs themselves are difficult for scientists to obtain. Healing thyself still means heading down a back alley to commit a federal crime."

Is this really people's experience? For me it was about learning how to cultivate and recognize fungi/plants and becoming aware of the different rituals of indigenous cultures. In many ways gaining access was about reconnecting with nature and uncensored human history. Do people really go down dark alleys for psychedelics?

It's dissapointing if the reporter went through an entire conference yet still keeps these preconceived notions. Other than that, I did enjoy other parts of her article.

Loveall said:
From the article above

"There’s growing support among a number of communities for more research into psychedelics, but the drugs themselves are difficult for scientists to obtain. Healing thyself still means heading down a back alley to commit a federal crime."

Is this really people's experience? For me it was about learning how to cultivate and recognize fungi/plants and becoming aware of the different rituals of indigenous cultures. In many ways gaining access was about reconnecting with nature and uncensored human history. Do people really go down dark alleys for psychedelics?

It's dissapointing if the reporter went through an entire conference yet still keeps these preconceived notions. Other than that, I did enjoy other parts of her article.
I honestly find chemistry fascinating, but I do think that everything we really need from psychedelics is already in the plants that surround us, the synthesis is people risking their lives to produce chemicsls that are not much more profound (or not nearly as profound) as the plants and fungi that surround us.

I am grateful that they do it, but even if they didn't, psychedelia would be widespread

neb said:
I honestly find chemistry fascinating, but I do think that everything we really need from psychedelics is already in the plants that surround us, the synthesis is people risking their lives to produce chemicsls that are not much more profound (or not nearly as profound) as the plants and fungi that surround us.

I feel the same. A major part of the healing is to connect with nature again, be it. The plants offer us a unique opportunity to decenter ourselves from ourselves. In a time where we live in a world created by us, for us, where everything has been reshaped to feed us and our growing needs, to fit our own image, I think stripping away this aspect, that it's not a lab molecule but a plant, takes away a lot from the teaching and the healing potential.

We will go the designers drug way because it's too big of an opportunity and it is still in its infancy, it is exciting territory to explore, but we shouldn't forget the plant and what they are.

Psychedelics are definitely going mainstream. Now that the research ban has been lifted, the data is stacking up, and it's getting harder and harder to ignore. We are seeing hundreds of articles a year in the mainstream press discussing the studies, the potential for healing, and of course, how hip things like microdosing and Burning Man are amongst the tech elite. Clinical trials are underway, FDA is greenlighting the process to turn psychedelics into approved medicines. There is no longer any doubt that we'll see psychedelics legalized for medical use within the next decade or so.

The part that isn't really discussed is that the psychedelics are just so widely available now. Sites like shroomery, the nexus, mycotopia, the nook, etc... have long been leading the charge to bring these materials to those willing to seek the information and put in the effort, but with the rise of the darknet markets and the accompanying decentralization of distribution methods, there has been an unprecedented rise in access to all psychedelics. Particularly in the case of the (semi)synthetic materials like LSD, MDMA, and all the other alphabetamines.

Just like with the ganja, we've quietly overgrown the system to the point there is no choice but to adapt and integrate, because The genie is out of the bottle, and it won't be going back in anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom