• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Aspen 4T alkylate petrol for solvent

Migrated topic.

veda_sticks

Rising Star
Ive search the forums and also google and only found 1 reference with no yes or no if it can be used.

Its a very clean form of petrol which can be used in small petrol engines and ive seen it recomended for other things that run of coleman fuel. This is the data sheet

Octane rating RON 95

Octane rating MON 92

Steam pressure kPa 55–65

Sulphur ppm 1

Aromatic hydrocarbon content vol% 0,1

Benzene content vol % 0,01

Olefin content vol % 0,1

thats the msds for the data sheet link.

it says naptha full range alkylate 85-90%
naptha isomerization 1-10%

no one??? maybe i should have put this question in the advanced chemistry section.

My friend has ordered a 1l bottle for testing.

Veda_Sticks

I personally wouldn't recommend using anything with a benzene content even if the content is only % 0,01. From what i can see it is pretty much naphtha, If you want to do a teq that involves using naphtha it should be fine. I would personally recommend doing a D-limonene teq as its much safer and healthier to use. Good Luck

Much Peace

Aegle said:
Veda_Sticks

I personally wouldn't recommend using anything with a benzene content even if the content is only % 0,01. From what i can see it is pretty much naphtha, If you want to do a teq that involves using naphtha it should be fine. I would personally recommend doing a D-limonene teq as its much safer and healthier to use. Good Luck

Much Peace

thats interseting, as because im in the UK ive heard alot about people using ronsobol lighter fluid and recomending it. But looking at the MSDS for it reports the same thing, a very minute amount of benzense, I cant remember the exact figure, but i think is was <20ppm. I dont know if thats less than 0.01%.

Ill look uypo the d-limone teq

Veda_Sticks

Good to know that you are checking up information for yourself its the only way to really know what exactly is in a specific substance, you cant always go by what is recommended by others. I wish you luck with the D-Limonene Teq as its definitely the safest. Let me know how it all goes....

Much Peace and Happiness

Back
Top Bottom