• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Bad trip - I'm frightened.

Migrated topic.

Jaffster

Rising Star
PRE-CONDITIONS
(mind)Set: Relaxed, maybe a bit apprehensive
(physical condition) Set: Fine
Setting (location): Front room, on the sofa
time of day: 22:00
recent drug use: Amitriptyline the evening before, Tramadol around 14:00
last meal: Good old British fish & chips

PARTICIPANT
Gender: Male
body weight: 80KG
known sensitivities: None
history of use: Well experienced with DMT

BIOASSAY

Substance(s): N,N DMT
Dose(s): 70mg
Method of administration: Vaporized in Arizer Solo


EFFECTS

Administration time: 10 seconds (see below)
Duration: 30 minutes
First effects: The room left my vision
Peak: 3 minutes roughly
Come down: 20 mins
Baseline: 50 mins

Intensity (overall): 4 - INTENSE
Evaluation / notes:

OPTIONAL
Pleasantness: 2 - Some pleasantries
Unplesantness: 4 - Very uncomfortable
Visual Intensity: 4 - Intense/aggressive visuals
.
.
.


AFTER-EFFECTS

Hangover: 2
Afterglow: 2


REPORT


I don't even know where to begin. Last night I learnt that my smoking methods aren't 100% foolproof, infact I may add a disclaimer to this post: Arizer Solo with Freebase DMT - Welcome discussion - Welcome to the DMT-Nexus

Usually, I can load 70-80mg and two of us can take 2-3 lung-full intakes and there's not much left at the end. Because there's space at the bottom it is convulsive, it vaporizes the spice as you inhale meaning you don't get a FUCK YOU dose.

However, me and my partner sat in last night, our first trip was pleasant, we had ~40mg between us, both having a nice, warm, embracing experience. However I felt like I didn't go in far enough, so I loaded up 70mg, expecting to share it with my partner. However, this didn't happen.

Because the glass pipe was still warm, the sticky DMT goo was still present and so the foil stuck to the pipe. I thought as it all heated up again it would loose its stickiness but it obviously didn't, as I started to inhale I could feel that the pipe was blocked and at that moment I should have stopped, but I didn't. I took one deep breath and don't recall anything happening in our realm beyond that (my partner said that I just dropped the vape, said "this has hit me hard" and I just flopped on the sofa with my head on her chest).

I have never, EVER been so petrified in my entire life. Not only did I lose contact with my physical form pretty much straight away (I'm comfortable with this, it's normal) but I also started to lose contact with my conciousness, my lucidity started to leave me, my brain started to race around in circles, chasing its own tail, trying to somehow get to grips with what was going on. I had gone in DEEP, it was by no means pleasant. I panicked. I recall thinking "Shit, I need to open my eyes, I'm in too deep, I need to come out". I had gone beyond the 'breakthrough' point that I'm used to, I had bypassed that marker and was beyond what I felt comfortable with. If breaking through is being shot through the membrane like a cannonball, then this was a nuclear bomb destroying the membrane.

Usually after a break-through experience, I am somewhat lucid, I have some control over my experience, I am an observer of somewhere, a place, a feeling, something. I am able to recall what is happening, I am able to think "this is fucking amazing" whilst there. But last night, my wits had left me, my lucidity left me, I went to what I can only describe as 'beyond' the realms of hyperspace.

All I really remember today is the panic that I felt (my partner said I was hyperventilating slightly) and the presence of a being draped in robes, he (I think it was a he) had robes covering his whole body, he had his hood up and was backlit so all I could make out was his shape. He had his arms stretched out from his body and was moving his arms up and down (as you did as a child when you were playing 'aeroplane'). He was leaving colour-trails behind him (think of Solitaire when you complete the level and the cards tumble down, leaving trails, it was like that but was a trail of immense colours), he moved towards me and away from me leaving these striking visuals.

It was a good 15 minutes or so before I was 'back', we went to bed shortly after. I didn't sleep well, my mind was in overdrive trying to salvage whatever I could from that experience. I was officially frightened, to the point where last night I was convinced I was never going to put so much into the vaporizer ever again even if it isn't blocked up. The after-effects were a mixture of hangover and afterglow. I still feel (18 hours later) that my mind is shattered into fragmented pieces and a part of me is still piecing them all together.

All I can tell you is this; be careful with your spice. Get cocky like I did, think you've experienced everything that DMT has to offer, then think again. Be careful, because push it too far and you WILL be hyper-slapped back into your place.
 
I've tried to warn people for a long time on here about
the potential for this kind of thing happening . It's actually something that has to be experienced to be believed. you could never imagine anything
as weird and terrifying as that until your in it .
Once panic sets in its over and just a scramble for survival.
My journey over the edge many years back still resonates as the most terrifying moment of my life. My respect for this stuff
really started after that. I've thought about this idea that
you haven't fully experienced DMT until you seriously contemplate flushing every last bit of it down the toilet only because your terrified of it .
Many good things can come out of experiences like this . You may find this to be true .
 
Felnik said:
I've tried to warn people for a long time on here about
the potential for this kind of thing happening . It's actually something that has to be experienced to be believed. you could never imagine anything
as weird and terrifying as that until your in it .
Once panic sets in its over and just a scramble for survival.
My journey over the edge many years back still resonates as the most terrifying moment of my life. My respect for this stuff
really started after that. I've thought about this idea that
you haven't fully experienced DMT until you seriously contemplate flushing every last bit of it down the toilet only because your terrified of it .
Many good things can come out of experiences like this . You may find this to be true .

"It's something that has to be experienced to be believed" - Oh god, yes. I've still not been able to put it into words, the only way to explain the confusion is how I did above; my brain chasing its own tail around in circles.

Though it is comforting to know that I'm not the only one that's pushed things a little bit too far.
 
Devine Moments of TERROR

dont worry Jaffster, it will pass, usual caveats apply, meditation, exercise and a break will do you the world of good
 
Hey man, sounds like an intense time you had there! IMO, 70mg is a hefty dose even when being shared with someone. I used to do a similar thing with my lady because she didn't like smoking alone...and by alone, I mean that we weren't smoking at the same time, we were still right next to each other. So I tried buying two smoking devices so that we could blast off together but that didn't work out very well either. So after the run around we are back to one person smokes and the other trip sits. Then we switch roles...Why dose this matter? Well it doesn't really. I'm just sharing my experience with you for comparative analysis.

Now, on to the hyperslap. If it makes you feel any better, most, if not every single one of us here have experienced the shear terror and panic that can be found in a DMT trip to some degree or another. So in that manner, you are not alone. I was getting slapped around a lot over this past summer and I couldn't put my finger on why for a while. I'm starting to get it slowly, it is a learning curve. If interested, my last 3 or so trip reports outline what I started doing differently (not necessarily including the "DMT got me good" one although that one is humorous).

So was anything different set and setting wise for this hyperslap occasion? How was you mood going in? Sometimes when taking more than one journey a night, any of the following journeys can be amplified immensely.

As we all know, DMT is self regulating (I think I recall you saying that in a recent thread? Could've been someone else...?) and it is hard to know what it means when it hits you this hard. Most people will say a break is probably in order, take some time to integrate, perhaps lower the dosage next time, go one at a time to ensure you know what sort of dose you are getting etc. etc.

DMT has an infinite amount of faces/sides/personalities/etc. etc. and as you said yourself, once you think you know what is going on in hyperspace, DMT will kindly or unkindly show you why you are wrong. This is part of it and it shouldn't be feared, but respected. It has immense power well beyond our comprehension. But don't worry brother, you are in a safe place here and I am sending you a digital hug in 3...2...1...*hug sent*

Anyway, it is a new day with many new experiences to come. Embrace those and live life for a moment. Go have a fun day out with your lady/partner! That is what I like to do after a good slap! 😁

PEACE

-The Grateful One-
 
Lol. Next time you have a hyperslap, try to remember that it is just a hyperslap and that you'll get out at the other end all in one piece again.

See it in another light: these experiences are a great exercise in dealing with feelings of terror and loss of control.
 
Jaffster said:
I took one deep breath and don't recall anything happening in our realm beyond that (my partner said that I just dropped the vape, said "this has hit me hard" and I just flopped on the sofa with my head on her chest).

I have never, EVER been so petrified in my entire life. Not only did I lose contact with my physical form pretty much straight away (I'm comfortable with this, it's normal) but I also started to lose contact with my conciousness, my lucidity started to leave me, my brain started to race around in circles, chasing its own tail, trying to somehow get to grips with what was going on. I had gone in DEEP, it was by no means pleasant. I panicked. I recall thinking "Shit, I need to open my eyes, I'm in too deep, I need to come out". I had gone beyond the 'breakthrough' point that I'm used to, I had bypassed that marker and was beyond what I felt comfortable with. If breaking through is being shot through the membrane like a cannonball, then this was a nuclear bomb destroying the membrane.

Usually after a break-through experience, I am somewhat lucid, I have some control over my experience, I am an observer of somewhere, a place, a feeling, something. I am able to recall what is happening, I am able to think "this is fucking amazing" whilst there. But last night, my wits had left me, my lucidity left me, I went to what I can only describe as 'beyond' the realms of hyperspace.

All I really remember today is the panic that I felt (my partner said I was hyperventilating slightly) and the presence of a being draped in robes, he (I think it was a he) had robes covering his whole body, he had his hood up and was backlit so all I could make out was his shape. He had his arms stretched out from his body and was moving his arms up and down (as you did as a child when you were playing 'aeroplane'). He was leaving colour-trails behind him (think of Solitaire when you complete the level and the cards tumble down, leaving trails, it was like that but was a trail of immense colours), he moved towards me and away from me leaving these striking visuals.

It was a good 15 minutes or so before I was 'back', we went to bed shortly after. I didn't sleep well, my mind was in overdrive trying to salvage whatever I could from that experience. I was officially frightened, to the point where last night I was convinced I was never going to put so much into the vaporizer ever again even if it isn't blocked up. The after-effects were a mixture of hangover and afterglow. I still feel (18 hours later) that my mind is shattered into fragmented pieces and a part of me is still piecing them all together.

All I can tell you is this; be careful with your spice. Get cocky like I did, think you've experienced everything that DMT has to offer, then think again. Be careful, because push it too far and you WILL be hyper-slapped back into your place.

Hehe, yup.

Felnik said it very well. Many here have been in very similar situations.

The power of an experience like that is undeniable. The experience doesn't have any limitations. It will dish out as much as you can withstand.

Some reach that point through diligence and going for the gusto, while some will skirt around its edges and never get there, but once you have an experience like that, it's undeniable.

Take some time away, assimilate, move along. :)
 
I've had exactly 2 experiences with going into deep. One was with five 5MEO and one was with n,n DMT. The 5 meo precipitated a full on death trip in which I experienced a classic near death experience. After an initial panic in which I was thinking that I had done it now and that I'd kill myself, all my anxiety left as there was nothing to be anxious over. I was dead.

With the n,n The sensory overload was so intense that I was unable to let go. I felt like I was buffeted between crashing waves of light color and sound. A black entity paced around me and Kali thrust her tongue into my face, alien surgeons lorded over me, and at one point I thought I was surrounded by sirens and could've sworn a life flight helicopter was landing in the forest clearing in which we had partaken.

Yes, it was absolutely terrifying, and it took me a little while to go back into the DMT experience. However in the distance of time since then I found myself wanting to explore that again. Call me a glutton for punishment I don't know.
 
It's nice to know that I'm not alone and that most of you have had similar experiences. Here I was thinking that I was the class idiot pushing myself over our set boundaries 😁

I have friends over this evening to visit hyperspace, I may just trip sit and take a week or so out as per all of your advice.

I've still never tried Changa, though I have made some. I take Amitryptaline for migraine and always worry that the mild MAOI would have some impact on this, the last thing I want is to ACTUALLY do myself harm physically as well as mentally.
 
I wouldn't worry to much, I've had a few mistakes where I've just panicked and as soon as I came back looked at my friend and said I am never ever doing DMT again. curiosity will kill the terror it did for me.

However after experiences like this what you will find when you return to smoke it again it will be a lot harder to take the first hit.

I've walked around my room picking up the bong putting it to my lips then putting it down without taking a hit trying to build up the courage to take a hit. its hard and your warning will scare some people I am sure but i've pieced together these experiences myself and whilst terrifying I feel like that is you literally being pieced together (your consciousness) and I feel like that is literally stepping into realms beyond human understanding I've had a few of these bad trips now.

I dont find anything really understandable

and I never ever want to do DMT again after them.

be careful in the future your doses seem a bit high for an exp user try meditating before hand and making sure the set is right 15-20mg is all i need to blast off now
 
spawn9076 said:
I wouldn't worry to much, I've had a few mistakes where I've just panicked and as soon as I came back looked at my friend and said I am never ever doing DMT again. curiosity will kill the terror it did for me.

However after experiences like this what you will find when you return to smoke it again it will be a lot harder to take the first hit.

I've walked around my room picking up the bong putting it to my lips then putting it down without taking a hit trying to build up the courage to take a hit. its hard and your warning will scare some people I am sure but i've pieced together these experiences myself and whilst terrifying I feel like that is you literally being pieced together (your consciousness) and I feel like that is literally stepping into realms beyond human understanding I've had a few of these bad trips now.

I dont find anything really understandable

and I never ever want to do DMT again after them.

be careful in the future your doses seem a bit high for an exp user try meditating before hand and making sure the set is right 15-20mg is all i need to blast off now

I went in again yesterday, albeit only a small dose but I felt it important to get back in as quickly as possible so that I didn't let any anxiety build up.

The bad experience was definitely anomalous.

And yes, a part of me was up for flushing the rest of it down the toilet. I'm not that impulsive though, thankfully!
 
Back
Top Bottom