• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Bat for lashes?

Migrated topic.

soulfood

Rising Star
OG Pioneer
Every now and then something comes along that restores my faith in mainstream music. I was going to take off all my clothes and jump along roof tops screaming about how much I love this tune right now, but then I figured it would be much more civilised to post a tune here :)

It's like a hybrid of the DNA from Bjork, Tori Amos, Kate Bush and Grace Slick wrapped in a percussive yet folky blanket.

When I listen to music like this I really wish I was a girl so I could sing along more convinvingly :)

Grace Slick and Jefferson Airplane

White Rabbit/Somebody to Love
CLASSIC

I liked it

Yes for sure. I listened to song before reading your post and thought to my self Grace Slick. Then I read post so she reminds me as well.

same vibe on that one :)

PEACE
MV

White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane
One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call
Call Alice
When she was just small

When men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving slow
Go ask Alice
I think she'll know

When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"
Remember what the dormouse said;
"Keep YOUR HEAD OR FEED YOUR HEAD

Somebody to Love

When the truth is found to be lies
and all the joy within you dies
don't you want somebody to love
don't you need somebody to love
wouldn't you love somebody to love
you better find somebody to love

When the garden flowers baby are dead yes
and your mind [, your mind] is [so] full of BREAD

your eyes, I say your eyes may look like his [yeah]
but in your head baby I'm afraid you don't know where it is

tears are running [ahhh, they're all] running down your breast
and your friends baby they treat you like a guest.

I must admit I have had a long standing obsession with Grace..so beautiful.

Marty Ballin kicks ass as well..I used to get so baked and play guitar for hours to Baxters..such and acid soaked album.

Cool song soulfood.

Glad you liked it.

Yup... you can't go wrong with a bit of Jeff's plane. Baxters is where it's at. It was all about rejoyce for me :)

She has been a psychedelic siren for decades now. A fiesty one as well:lol: many police encounters:lol: and even armed stand offs with the cops. She has a great voice and was/is quite the hell raiser in her day. Grace is true Grace:lol: :lol:

PEACE
MV

Maybe it's because I just smoked some 20 minutes ago but this one reminds me sort of some of my cooler salvia trips when she climbs into her fort and comes out into a new land..

Soulfood

Thank you so much for this thread, I love coming across new music treasures. She is amazing all her songs give me shivers, her voice is enchanting and beautiful. Bat for Lashes is something else truly very special...

Much Peace and Happiness

Glad you all like :)

I'd never heard them until a couple of weeks ago. My Dad took me to see them as he had a spare ticket, needless to say the hairs on the back of my neck stood thoroughly to attention the whole time. She seems such a shy personality, voicing a quiet "hello" or waving slightly in between tracks... but when she sings? My god! Posessed much?

These days I mostly listen to electronic music, but this girl has reclaimed my soul. I've always had such a strong admiration and respect for a good female vocalist and right now, I know no better.

Soulfood

You are one lucky fish to have seen her live it must of been completely awe inspiring. :shock:
Again thank you so much for creating this thread, if you hadn't i may have not stumbled upon such a treasure.

Much Peace and Sunshine

Back
Top Bottom