• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

bending reality with meditative grit and zen wit

Ohtherightstuff

Esteemed member
I am here to delve into the realms of consciousness, where the boundaries between the self and the universe dissolve. I am a seeker whom hears a calling to explore the synergistic magic of psychedelics and guided meditation. this is an extraordinary journey of self-exploration and expansion.

If you share a curiosity for the untapped potential of psychedelics and a desire to integrate them with immersive meditation, I warmly welcome you to reach out. Let's connect, share insights, and co-create. I hope that this is a community that embraces the transformative power of this unique approach.

Welcome to town, @Ohtherightstuff 🤍

You will certainly find like minded people here at the Nexus.
Is there a particular tradition or body of teachings you resonate with? A regular mantra and meditation practice is not only a great practice in itself, but it also helps provide us with sure footing when climbing the mountain of psychedelic experience. Practicing meditation before dosing with DMT is central to my little “ritual”. Speaking of…

Have you tried your hand at an extraction yet? Have you experienced DMT? Tell us about your experience with psychedelics, even if it’s zero :D

Welcome, and safe travels 🤍
Sv

Otherrightstuff,

Welcome to the Nexus. Based on what you wrote I am confident in saying that you have come to the right place. You will find like minded and empathic diverse folks here.

Like Subtlevibrations I'd love to hear about your DMT experiences and whether or not you have extracted your own yet.

I hope you enjoy your time with our little found family and I'm glad you signed up.

Thank you for reaching out. You are the first to reply, and each one of you has asked me about extraction, which I am truly interested in. This indicates that I am in the right place. I haven't had anyone to share my love for extracting psychotropic plants with, so I am incredibly grateful to be able to do so here. Yes, I have been actively involved in extraction. I have even expanded my scope by extracting from different plant materials, not just MHRB. So far, I have experimented with charcruna, san pedro, and delosperma, and I am currently searching for more materials to work with. I believe that the molecular composition of each plant is unique. Could you please explain the rules regarding sharing information in this context? Are there any acronyms that I should be aware of?

Last edited:
Thank you for reaching out. You are the first to reply, and each one of you has asked me about extraction, which I am truly interested in. This indicates that I am in the right place. I haven't had anyone to share my love for extracting psychotropic plants with, so I am incredibly grateful to be able to do so here. Yes, I have been actively involved in extraction. I have even expanded my scope by extracting from different plant materials, not just MHRB. So far, I have experimented with charcruna, san pedro, and delosperma, and I am currently searching for more materials to work with. I believe that the molecular composition of each plant is unique. Could you please explain the rules regarding sharing information in this context? Are there any acronyms that I should be aware of?
Good to hear you've been extracting, and yes, you're in the right place for sure. In general we're pretty lenient in terms of acronyms and that kind of stuff, and we rely on everyone's common sense on what's reasonable to discuss as well as what's an appropriate way to discuss.

You can take a look at our Attitude page where you'll find a compendium of recommendations on behavior, as well as a list of things the discussion of which we frown upon. Naturally, the biggest one is source talk, as well as discussions that encourage harmful or dangerous practices. Read through the link and in case you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask away!

Cheers, and good luck with your extractions!

Awesome that you are so involved in working directly with pulling medicines from our plant teachers. If you have developed any new methods/TEK's I am confident folks would love to learn about it.

Are you well versed in chemistry or are you learning as you go along? Either answer is awesome of course, :D. Most of us learn as we go but we do have some chemists and chemically savvy folks here.

Do you have a favorite entheogen? If so what makes it special for you?

Awesome that you are so involved in working directly with pulling medicines from our plant teachers. If you have developed any new methods/TEK's I am confident folks would love to learn about it.

Are you well versed in chemistry or are you learning as you go along? Either answer is awesome of course, :D. Most of us learn as we go but we do have some chemists and chemically savvy folks here.

Do you have a favorite entheogen? If so what makes it special for you?
I’m more so on the learning as i go -kitchen witch type however i am pleasantly surprised how similar chemistry is to cooking. Which i adore.Although since southern cooking is my favorite and is transformed with soul(butter). Not that chemistry cant be infused but ive learned my lesson in not following the exact procedure/recipe and lets just say im really glad that i had googles on. Lesson learned. You tube is the best when it comes to chemistry. I like being able to see the actual process versus reading about it.
Speaking of extraction, I have had a huge mysterious issue that i cannot seem to solve. I have a few theories.. so i going to adventure through the forum and hope for some help! Be well.

If there ever was a community that puts emphasis and values the mystical and transformative power of growth through entheogens, this is it. Welcome.

Would love to hear more about your experience with psychedelics and meditation. What insights have you reached? How has it all changed your life?

Cheers! (y)
Thank you. I have a lot of adventuring to do through nexus. It is kind of an intense abundance of information. And so i will follow suit.
t I have had quite a few. After graduating from high school, I spent five years on the Grateful Dead tour. When there were no tours, I would attend festivals, and after Jerry's death, I started raving a lot, which eventually led me to Burning Man. Each of these subcultures has a significant relationship with psychedelics.

That being said, I am more of an individualist. I have noticed that I'm not a big fan of group settings, and I don't conform to nonconformity just for the sake of it. So, in my present day, I don't consider myself part of any of those groups. However, I do have a deep respect, reverence, and appreciation for psychedelics. My first psychedelic experience was with psilocybin mushrooms, specifically the Golden Teachers strain. I had no idea what to expect initially and didn't feel much at first. But then suddenly, I realized that I could hear the plants in the desert of Anza Borrego springs talking to me. I had a profound and lengthy conversation with what I believe was a sagebrush about the nature of psilocybin. It became clear to me that I had taken something that helped me understand myself better. This happened during my junior year of high school when I was transitioning from being gothic to becoming interested in exploring vibrant colors. A friend dared me to go to a Grateful Dead show, claiming that it would change my life. I didn't believe them at first, but once I attended, it was a transformative experience. This was particularly significant because I am African-American, which added another layer to the experience.

My first tab of LSD was the famous Orange Sunshine, and that particular experience shattered my preconceived notions. I no longer wanted to wear black; instead, I wanted to fill my life with color, joy, peace, happiness, music, dancing, and all the hippie-dippy, jammy, family-oriented things. I decided to leave high school a year early to join the Grateful Dead tour, and during that time, I met numerous unique individuals. I fueled my school bus and tour tickets whenever I could afford them, and when I couldn't, I relied on the kindness of others who would buy me a ticket in exchange for LSD. It's not a requirement to use acid when attending a Grateful Dead show, but it does happen quite often. Many people time their doses or take mini doses of LSD to coincide with a specific part of the show called "drums and space." It's a tripped-out percussion segment that is difficult to describe but leads to one of the most intense collective LSD experiences I have ever had. It significantly changed my ability to connect with people, even strangers, and feel safe without judgment.

Fortunately, with my first psychedelic experience, I found myself inclined towards creating a healing environment and ensuring that people had positive trips. I would check in with those who weren't feeling well and offer support. As a result, I became known as someone who could hold space for others when they were in difficult psychedelic states. Sometimes, trips can challenge our ability to cope with their content, and I felt that I had the capacity to assist others in those moments. If someone was having a challenging trip, they would often make their way to my bus, where I had created a cool and relaxed environment where they could decompress, and if they wanted to discuss their experience, we would sit and talk it out. This was my life for 5 years. . After traveling coast to coast and 83 grateful dead shows i began focusing on my relationship with meditation. It was the way for me to integrate all of those aspects of being in a psychedelic space for years.

Last edited:
I’m more so on the learning as i go -kitchen witch type however i am pleasantly surprised how similar chemistry is to cooking. Which i adore.Although since southern cooking is my favorite and is transformed with soul(butter). Not that chemistry cant be infused but ive learned my lesson in not following the exact procedure/recipe and lets just say im really glad that i had googles on. Lesson learned. You tube is the best when it comes to chemistry. I like being able to see the actual process versus reading about it.
Speaking of extraction, I have had a huge mysterious issue that i cannot seem to solve. I have a few theories.. so i going to adventure through the forum and hope for some help! Be well.
A favorite? Hmmm ill have to think about that. I feel the ones that have wanted to share their wisdom with me have been so gracious. chacruna in particular. It has helped me heal from a serious mold toxicity illness while also sharing wisdom about my body systems. I would like to write a guided meditation from the prospective of the entheogen but feel that id have to ask permission first. Do you think it is possible to do so in an authentic way?

Hehe, welcome; chemistry can be pretty similar to cooking - especially in this instance where the goal is extracting something intended for consumption out of plant material. This often reckoned to be as hard, or as easy, as baking a cake.

I'd be intrigued to know what the small mystery is that you've puzzling over - either before or after you gotten to the bottom of it. In case of the former, it would be a pleasure to be of assistance - I can quite appreciate how you may yet wish to solve it for yourself as well, so if you need any help digging into our extensive archives we've a great team here who know our way round the most important bits only too well.

There seems to have been a puzzling glitch with your preceding post - some bits are repeated and another bit seems to have been abruptly truncated. I wonder if you could check it over since it's an otherwise enjoyable read.
A favorite? Hmmm ill have to think about that. I feel the ones that have wanted to share their wisdom with me have been so gracious. chacruna in particular. It has helped me heal from a serious mold toxicity illness while also sharing wisdom about my body systems. I would like to write a guided meditation from the prospective of the entheogen but feel that id have to ask permission first. Do you think it is possible to do so in an authentic way?
Sounds like a great idea, just post it in the appropriate section of the forum. I'd also be very interested in hearing more details on your mould toxicity healing experience.

One more thing, regarding the guided meditation, it's possible to upload audio media onto the forum, which seems like the most suitable way of contributing a resource of this kind.
This was so kind of you to let me know. Ive have a grounding guided meditation ( really great before going into dmt space) that id like to make available.
I moved to baja last year and had planned on bringing some supplies with me . Instead our van got stuck in a flash flood and floated away until the mud got too heavy . Everything that i was packing to move- lost to the mud. So i have had to start all over. I didn’t realize that here in Baja California there are these stores called botanicas - a store with dried medicinal plants, ritual items , candles ect [[REDACTED BY MOD]]
The tek i use is the a/b .
Finding NaoH in baja is not as easy as it should be- have you ever had lye lower the ph of the solution?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ohtherightstuff please make that guided meditation available for others, I'm sure it'll be of value to people that are looking to ease themselves before going into hyperspace.

Also, you will notice I've edited your last post a little bit. The reason for that edit you can find in this thread - Bye bye MHRB sourcing talk, we will remember you - which I would kindly urge you to read carefully and keep in mind for the future.

Thank you for the understanding! (y)

This was so kind of you to let me know. Ive have a grounding guided meditation ( really great before going into dmt space) that id like to make available.
I moved to baja last year and had planned on bringing some supplies with me . Instead our van got stuck in a flash flood and floated away until the mud got too heavy . Everything that i was packing to move- lost to the mud. So i have had to start all over. I didn’t realize that here in Baja California there are these stores called botanicas - a store with dried medicinal plants, ritual items , candles ect [[REDACTED BY MOD]]
The tek i use is the a/b .
Finding NaoH in baja is not as easy as it should be- have you ever had lye lower the ph of the solution?
Woah, intense! Life has blessed you with a completely fresh start, eh?

About the lye, there could be a misunderstanding since most store owners probably won't have studied chemistry. I can imagine that they see one drain cleaner as being very much like another. They might view something as being "caustica" without it being alkaline - I get the feeling you were probably sold sodium bisulfate, which is used as an acidic drain cleaner and descaling agent.

If you can make a small lime kiln, or obtain pre-burnt lime, you have access to alkaline materials. It can be as simple as roasting snail shells or seashells to a white heat. Once you have lime, if you can get hold of baking soda you have your route to lye should you need it.

Gently roasting baking soda produces sodium carbonate - soda ash. Of course, you might well be able to purchase soda ash or washing soda to speed things up a little. Or, as the link suggests, you could obtain it by burning sodium-rich (shoreline) plants. Mixing slaked lime and washing soda produces chalk and lye.

Let's imagine you can't even get hold of either of these forms of soda (not soda water or soft drinks!) - what would you have to do then? Well, assuming you don't want to use lime as the base for whatever reason, and ignoring the fact that sodium carbonate can sometimes be found in the desert in the form of trona, if you can collect seawater, lime and your own urine you'll be well on the way. By collecting sodium chloride from the sea salt and using the lime and urine to produce ammonia, the determined home chemist can perform the Solvay process. By following Hou Debang's variation, you could even dispense with the need for lime if you can generate ammonia some other way (I don't know if you've ever experienced opening a bucket of wet cloth nappies, but there's an idea. Breeding babies solely for the purpose of ammonia production is probably unethical, however - not to mention time-consuming and resource-hungry. Baby urine does make nicer ammonia than most adult urine though.)

If you have a solar power set up it would probably be more economical to electrolyse salt solution though, except for the generation of chlorine gas that you'd have to deal with (not to mention the off-gassing of extremely flammable hydrogen). You'd need a semi-permeable membrane for the electrolysis cell to work properly. There's plenty of information available regarding brine electrolysis.

Hope this helps!

Woah, intense! Life has blessed you with a completely fresh start, eh?

About the lye, there could be a misunderstanding since most store owners probably won't have studied chemistry. I can imagine that they see one drain cleaner as being very much like another. They might view something as being "caustica" without it being alkaline - I get the feeling you were probably sold sodium bisulfate, which is used as an acidic drain cleaner and descaling agent.

If you can make a small lime kiln, or obtain pre-burnt lime, you have access to alkaline materials. It can be as simple as roasting snail shells or seashells to a white heat. Once you have lime, if you can get hold of baking soda you have your route to lye should you need it.

Gently roasting baking soda produces sodium carbonate - soda ash. Of course, you might well be able to purchase soda ash or washing soda to speed things up a little. Or, as the link suggests, you could obtain it by burning sodium-rich (shoreline) plants. Mixing slaked lime and washing soda produces chalk and lye.

Let's imagine you can't even get hold of either of these forms of soda (not soda water or soft drinks!) - what would you have to do then? Well, assuming you don't want to use lime as the base for whatever reason, and ignoring the fact that sodium carbonate can sometimes be found in the desert in the form of trona, if you can collect seawater, lime and your own urine you'll be well on the way. By collecting sodium chloride from the sea salt and using the lime and urine to produce ammonia, the determined home chemist can perform the Solvay process. By following Hou Debang's variation, you could even dispense with the need for lime if you can generate ammonia some other way (I don't know if you've ever experienced opening a bucket of wet cloth nappies, but there's an idea. Breeding babies solely for the purpose of ammonia production is probably unethical, however - not to mention time-consuming and resource-hungry. Baby urine does make nicer ammonia than most adult urine though.)

If you have a solar power set up it would probably be more economical to electrolyse salt solution though, except for the generation of chlorine gas that you'd have to deal with (not to mention the off-gassing of extremely flammable hydrogen). You'd need a semi-permeable membrane for the electrolysis cell to work properly. There's plenty of information available regarding brine electrolysis.

Hope this helps!
Hi. Yes, life has blessed me with a complete reset. Not just once! That storm was the third state of emergency natural disaster in the last 8 years that i have experienced where i have lost all of my belongings. Two wildfires and a storm/ hurricane. Ive learned that change is the only thing i can truly depend on. Change is goddess.
Umm helps? id say more so ENLIGHTENED. Thank you so much. Not only was the knowledge shared easy to understand and informative but it also had a great sense of humor. Funny, i am currently renovating my seaside hacienda and using lime wash as a substrate for painting. Its a great way to remedy mold problems. So i do have all things to make my own .. which is totally my jam. I definitely going to try it.
Do you have a organic chemistry background?

Hi. Yes, life has blessed me with a complete reset. Not just once! That storm was the third state of emergency natural disaster in the last 8 years that i have experienced where i have lost all of my belongings. Two wildfires and a storm/ hurricane. Ive learned that change is the only thing i can truly depend on. Change is goddess.
Umm helps? id say more so ENLIGHTENED. Thank you so much. Not only was the knowledge shared easy to understand and informative but it also had a great sense of humor. Funny, i am currently renovating my seaside hacienda and using lime wash as a substrate for painting. Its a great way to remedy mold problems. So i do have all things to make my own .. which is totally my jam. I definitely going to try it.
Do you have a organic chemistry background?
Wow - third time lucky I hope! You have all the elements covered by now, if the mud flood counts as both earth and water, so perhaps that's a good sign. Learning about attachments and detachment can be a difficult thing if one comes from a materialist society, perhaps.

Glad to be of service, though, with my hare-brained schemes. Besides being largely self-taught in the principles of chemistry since I was a child, my only organic chemistry background per se was my time at university. This left me somewhat disenchanted with the idea of pursuing chemistry as a career in any conventional sense. Maybe it was the lack of adequate pastoral care, undiagnosed neurodivergence, multiple trauma issues and my general nonconformist attitude, but I was both unwilling to do the requisite hoop-jumping and unaware of where the right opportunities might lie in order that I might follow my real passion - psychedelic chemistry. The taboo nature of the subject at the time didn't help much, but I also needed to gain a lot more maturity to put things into a meaningful perspective.

And how things have changed in a few decades! It's good that some better scientists than me are at the helm of interesting research going on in this field. I've found myself in this position (here) from being motivated to communicate about chemistry basics in the context of self-empowerment for the dedicated home explorer. My perspective on chemistry, I have come to realise, is guided by its position as a crucial axis of understanding interactions between human society, technology, and nature and its various lifeforms.

In that sense, this here Nexus has been fulfilling its role as "the Entheogenic University" since it has been an immeasurably precious resource for countless people in our journeys of self-development that I, for one, would otherwise have struggled with (and and at times, indeed, have). So I'm here to pay onwards whatever and however I can, honoured to be part of this remarkable team.

Looking forward to hearing more of your endeavours, especially how you decide to approach the question of home alkali production.

Greetings and welcome.

I have only been able to peruse some of the contents of this lovely thread here, but wanted to extend my hand in welcoming you to the community. From what I gather, you've definitely found the right place.

As a black person also, I'd be curious to here about how psychedelics have impacted your social lens and perspectives.

And please add guided meditations and anything else you like to the community. We'd love to have it. I think there may be a saved recording of me opening the sacred space and guiding for the most recent SHE. If I can find it I'll be sure to share.

One love

Back
Top Bottom