• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Body Worlds

Migrated topic.

endlessness

Staff member
I just went one of these days to this ´body worlds´ exposition.

Wow.. Weird and twisted, but quite enlightening too, to really see the inside of your own body machine, in real.

It somehow reminded me of this alex grey thing with his ´sacred mirrors´, where one stands in front of paintings of body and spirit anatomy, so that one can somehow ´meditate´ or ´contemplate´ with it. So in this body worlds exhibition, it really shows you the different systems, circulatory, nervous, muscles, organs, different slices and angles, etc. You stand there and visualize this complex machinery in action inside of yourself

On display there also are tobacco-affected lungs and healthy lungs for comparison (there´s even a box in between them where people who decided to stop smoking at that moment threw their cigarette packs, though I suspect packs are actually put there, at least in the beginning on purpouse by the staff)

There are also healthy brains and disease-stricken (such as aneurism or tumor) brains.

The whole exposition was somehow repulsive, yet at the same time hypnotizing and interest-arousing. It left a big impression on me, made me more amazed at the incredible complexity of life.

I did hear some controversies on the creator of this exposition after I had went there, but regardless of this, it was a very learning experience

did anybody go to this, or has any opinion on it?

there was some sort of rumor that the guy got his bodies illegally from somewhere..

it may be disgusting to some people.. but on the other hand some people find talking about death inappropriate..

i'd also go there if i had the chance.

I took my 9 year old daughter to see that last summer. We had a blast.

It was simply amazing. I didn't really appreciate the throw your cigs away box. My daughter tried very hard to convince me to quite (bless her heart).... My wife and I just are quite there yet...

what? you use ayahuasca and have problems with quitting smoking? the first time i took lsd convinced me that i would only be smoking something if it were to produce otherworldly effects. the feeling in the lungs was just something that i disliked very much. then i discovered the vaporizer and all was cool!

lorax said:
what? you use ayahuasca and have problems with quitting smoking? the first time i took lsd convinced me that i would only be smoking something if it were to produce otherworldly effects. the feeling in the lungs was just something that i disliked very much. then i discovered the vaporizer and all was cool!

Yeah, I know, Aya knows too. It is a theme that is constantly brought up...in fact it was even brought up to my attention during one of my early DMT voyages. I am always shown the destructive nature of some of my bad habits, I just haven't been able to quit yet.

I really should look into a vaporizer, they are just so ungodly expensive...

Body world is incredible and very informative. One really cool part is they have bodies where everything is digested away except for the circulatory system; arteries, capillaries and veins. Another one with just the nerves. It is amazing you can still see the outlines of the body and organs. If one has the chance to see this exhibit they definitely should.

Back
Top Bottom