• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Brown goo inside of glass vapor genie (jungle spice?)

Migrated topic.

DoorSeeker

Rising Star
So SWIM is new to the spice experience. He got a glass vapor genie. I'll go into more detail about my experience with it but after a few uses SWIM is noticing a brown goo is collecting just below the hole where the screen sits. Dmt is definitely falling through because SWIM is getting crystal like stuff inside the pipe. He is using a copper pad as has been recommended on this forum. My question though is what is the dark brown stuff? Is it jungle spice or is the copper pad getting too hot and SWIM is actually burning the spice? SWIM actually heated the pipe just a tad while it was upside down by laying it next to the vent of my computer to make the brown goo slowly crawl back up to the pipe. SWIM then smoked (vaporized it) for a perfectly good trip. This most likely had dmt in it too but what is the brown goo?

Also SWIM completely precipitated a collection of left over naphtha poured out and he got a blob of brown goo when it was scraped up. My theory is that these are the same thing and they are jungle spice.

Jungle Spice

As for the stuff in your pipe, it should just be left over DMT that never fully vaporized.

Lastly, there is no need to swim, the water is shallow and provides no legal protection. 😉

But dmt is white or crystal like. I know dmt with fats and stuff looks yellow but the brown itself is definitely not dmt.

DoorSeeker said:
But dmt is white or crystal like. I know dmt with fats and stuff looks yellow but the brown itself is definitely not dmt.

Its simply the DMT + decomposition. If you take a dmt crystal and melt it it will not form a crystal after cooling. It will form a brownish goo because it did some slight decomposition.
DMT isnt only in crystal form its polymorphic.

If you are vaping crystals in your pipe, it is likely that some of it does not vaporize properly or fully. This means some of it melted into the pipe and over time (or with several uses) it builds up, forming a brown/dark goo due to heat. The brown goo in your pipe is not jungle spice, it is simply leftover DMT.

As for this part:

DoorSeeker said:
Also SWIM completely precipitated a collection of left over naphtha poured out and he got a blob of brown goo when it was scraped up. My theory is that these are the same thing and they are jungle spice.

Are you saying you freeze precipitated the DMT from your naphtha and then poured the solvent (or evaporated) out which left a brown goo in the container? Or are you saying that there was brown goo forming at the bottom of some leftover naphtha pulls? Could you clarify this part please?

In this instance, the brown goo could be a number of things but is most likely plant fats and oils. It is definitely not the same thing as the brown goo in your pipe.

Unless the material was pulled from the starting plant matter with xylene, toluene or limonene, it's not jungle spice.

Pipe residue would be a more appropriate term.

[/quote]
Are you saying you freeze precipitated the DMT from your naphtha and then poured the solvent (or evaporated) out which left a brown goo in the container? Or are you saying that there was brown goo forming at the bottom of some leftover naphtha pulls? Could you clarify this part please?

[/quote]

Several pulls were done after creating the initial solution and then he freeze precipitated them. The naphtha from all the pulls were then poured into a single container. That was room temp precipitated down significantly and then freeze precipitated again. The naphtha that was poured off of that was then completely precipitated at room temperature. What was left over was a dark brown goo.

DoorSeeker said:
Several pulls were done after creating the initial solution and then he freeze precipitated them. The naphtha from all the pulls were then poured into a single container. That was room temp precipitated down significantly and then freeze precipitated again. The naphtha that was poured off of that was then completely precipitated at room temperature. What was left over was a dark brown goo.

I think I get what you are trying to say. After all was said and done, was there any naphtha left? I'm getting hung up on the parts in bold because I can't tell if you meant to say "evaporated" instead of precipitated in certain spots of your post.

As I stated earlier, anything left over in the naphtha after freeze precipitation and/or evaporation will likely contain some DMT that didn't precipitate in the freezer and some plant fats/oils. But it is still not Jungle Spice because no pulls were performed with xylene, toulene, or limonene.

Oh sorry. I see what you mean. That was supposed to say "that was room temperature evaporated down significantly" and "that was then completely evaporated at room temperature".

Back
Top Bottom