I'm sure you are a respectful and responsible psychonaught, so please exscuse me if the following sounds like a lecture.
They need peace and quiet and space. Do you have a large living space inwhich to build a large, dope, dark and silent habitat for one AND a complete lack of social life? No parties! Sound proofing is cool, but even vibrations from people with a heavyu step...
I think it is technically illeagal to take one from their home--they only live in one place and if I recall they are protected/endangered (I might be wrong on that one.) If memory serves, to get one, you need to stealthily capture one in the wild.
Major karma involved in raising one of these. Do your research! I did mine, ages ago and decided to leave these delicate creatures, these sacred and beautiful animals well and alone, whilst seeking my bufotenin and 5meo elsewhere. IMO there is karma involved in merely aquiring plant matter from the amazon, taking it all the way across the world for your own purposes....with them toads my feelings are likewise....but they have a face, and not only contain active tryptamines, but a cereberal cortex to think and feel with, in a manner not so different from our own.
Just my thoughts. Again, do your research, don't trust people like me on forums. And don't they do better with a companion? If you get a female and a male, what do you do with the babies?
Good luck and please share any findings or conclusions you may come to on the matter.