• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Bull Brand Lighter Fluid MSDS

Migrated topic.

JimmyZoSo

Rising Star
Good day to everyone on the DMT Nexus.

This is my first post here altough I have been lurking and watching from the shadows for over a year, recently I performed my first extraction thanks to everyone on here and the DMT subreddit. I used 'Cyb's Hybrid ATB 'Salt' Tek' and have had pretty good results so far (around .5g from 3 pulls).

Along the way I've read about Phthalates and good slightly paranoid about my extraction, the only bottle I could find close to where I live had a plastic lid or an aluminium, I decided to go with plastic as I read that combining aliminium and Caustic Soda can create fumes which can explode or be toxic, the lesser of two evils.

So what I've done is place cling film over the opening of the bottle with the lid over that, then removing the cling film washing the lid of any residue and using new cling film on every mix, what are the chances of Phthalates in my Spice?

Now to the title I recently requested and MSDS sheet from the Bull Brand company for there Petrolium Lighter Fluid which I received today but have no idea how to read or what I'm looking for, If some one could have a quick look and let me know if it's a safe product to use.

Thank you to you all, may peace and love be upon you all, have a wonderful day.

MSDS for Bull Brand lighter fluid

cyb said:
Also cut down a cork for your lid...just hold onto it when agitating 😉

After a black rubber stopper turned one of my extractions green, I started doing this, as well. I've used the same natural cork (held in place manually when agitating) for several extractions, and it has shown no signs of reaction.

cyb said:
Bull Brand will work just fine (Swan is better if you can find it)

Wow, THE Cyb thank you for your reply and all the information you've posted over the years peopele all over the world appreciate you taking your time to help people.

I've been sweating over the materials I used, like the lighter fluid and plastic lid, so I'm going to invest in an Erlenmeyer Flask and a wooden bung for it, I had my first hit last night and it was a really warm threshold experience with CEV's, I'm just easing my way into hyperspace a step at a time as the last couple of times I've been really anxious when taking it which diminished the trip and filled me with terror.

Again I thank you sincerely.

roninsina said:
cyb said:

After a black rubber stopper turned one of my extractions green, I started doing this, as well. I've used the same natural cork (held in place manually when agitating) for several extractions, and it has shown no signs of reaction.

Yes I remember reading someone used a blue plastic funnell for transferring fluid and the dye from the plastic leaked in and turned his DMT blue. I've heard Cork and Wood and the best options for a stopper.

JimmyZoSo said:
I've been sweating over the materials I used, like the lighter fluid and plastic lid, so I'm going to invest in an Erlenmeyer Flask and a wooden bung for it,

Erlenmeyer's the way to go, may as well order the glass stopper at the same time. Removes any worries about plastics leaching etc. The surer you can be about your spice being clean the better. I've also been using Bull brand for my extractions and it's fine. No residues on a evap test but thanks for posting the msds, I was hoping to get a look at that.

woody said:
JimmyZoSo said:
I've been sweating over the materials I used, like the lighter fluid and plastic lid, so I'm going to invest in an Erlenmeyer Flask and a wooden bung for it,

Erlenmeyer's the way to go, may as well order the glass stopper at the same time. Removes any worries about plastics leaching etc. The surer you can be about your spice being clean the better. I've also been using Bull brand for my extractions and it's fine. No residues on a evap test but thanks for posting the msds, I was hoping to get a look at that.

I was thinking about a wooden stop, but if I can get glass I mayaswell go for that, and yes being worried as I was about whether there is Lighter Fluid or Plastic in your spice isn't very nice. Also you are welcome for the MSDS i don't know why it says VMP C Naptha when it's bull brand, maybe they just use their Naphtha, regardless it is straight from the Bull Brand customer service.

I too have done an evapp test on bull brand there is some definate residue.
Also i noticed that when a small amount was poured from the new can into a dish and blown on it clouded as if it already had some spice in it.. anyone else found this? Or shed any light on what it is?
I did an acid wash and a water wash and this stuff is still present

Back
Top Bottom