• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

California Orange - Fan help!

Migrated topic.
Got 6 clones of the orange, 4 are for mates

Will flower these 2 clones then I've got some afghan skunk seeds I'll be planning on growing.

Just trying to find a strain I really like at the moment.

kubizm said:
Got 6 clones of the orange, 4 are for mates

Will flower these 2 clones then I've got some afghan skunk seeds I'll be planning on growing.

Just trying to find a strain I really like at the moment.

Nothing wrong with a variety, I like growing other strains even if I have one I like a lot.
Nice that you had some reserves.

Best of luck on the next ones and I look forward to seeing them!

Peace

Bummer on the Super Lemon Haze coming out all male! :(

If you ever decide to give the strain a try again, I got mine from Green House Seeds.

Anyway, glad the rest of the grow is working well!

Did a re pot today, she needed one bad was in a tiny pot and badly root bound - the stem of her current problems I'm hoping
She's in a nice big 30L pot and seems happy

Attachments

• IMG_5477.JPG
    IMG_5477.JPG
    892.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5478.JPG
    IMG_5478.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
My temps are still too high, averaging around 34.5 - 36 C
Fans sucking hot air out, but I think it's just the room that cabinet is in is getting too hot during the day

Nice. One cheap tip to fatten buds is to use an inexpensive molasses, something like Grandmother's or another similar cheap one. Dissolve 1 Tablespoon into a gallon or more of water and water ever other watering or every third watering. Should build nice fat thick buds.

Mitakuye Oyasin said:
Nice. One cheap tip to fatten buds is to use an inexpensive molasses, something like Grandmother's or another similar cheap one. Dissolve 1 Tablespoon into a gallon or more of water and water ever other watering or every third watering. Should build nice fat thick buds.

Can you provide a source for this? I have often heard claims like this but never seen it actually done. My last grow had very tiny buds, so if I can do something like this to fatten them up that would be nice.

Someone help haha,
I'm so high and confused about my fan.
On the box it says it moves 105cm/h (I thought it was cm/m when I got it)
My flower room is 800x500x1800 - 25.35 cubic feet

So I need a fan with a rating of 50CFM preferably 75CFM+

If you convert foot to metre,

CFM x 0.03 x 60

25.35 x 0.03 x 60 - 45.63 cubic metres (seems a little big)

Then my flower room needs a fan of 91.26cm/m

BUT..

If you convert the CM/h to CM/m
Then the 105CM/h equals to 1.75CM/m
(1 m3/h = 0.016667 m3/min; 1 m3/min = 60 m3/h)

But convert the 1.75CM/m to CFM and it equals 61.8 CFM

So fucking confused!

Is my fan good enough? Hahah

Gone-and-Back no source other than old school Cali Green Triangle growers and personal experience. It "seems" to work well, but I've never tried a test where one plant was given molasses and one was not to see the difference, but that would be an interesting experiment. It is pretty inexpensive, a fraction of the cost of most store bought nutes, so try it and see if it beefs up your flowers.

And these are my clones; both taken at the same time, feed the same
However the left will remain with be, the right is for a mate.
I've topped mine and begun LST; already a lot bushier.
Soon the other clone will be gone and she'll be on her lonesome.
Will veg her out til her sister is done flowering.

Attachments

• IMG_5490.JPG
    IMG_5490.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
Gone-and-Back said:
Can you provide a source for this? I have often heard claims like this but never seen it actually done. My last grow had very tiny buds, so if I can do something like this to fatten them up that would be nice.

It is my understanding that molasses (unsulphured) feeds the microbes in your soil. Many claim it can "sweeten" buds or make them grow larger. I have not observed either myself, especially in terms of "sweetening" buds. However, it may indirectly lead to fatter buds insofar as it feeds the microbes in your soil, which then break down nutrients for immediate uptake by the roots.

MasonJarBong, that scenario seems plausible. The oldskool growers I spoke with claimed the Molasses did not directly affect the plant, so it was doing something positive to the soil that allows the plant to take up more of the nutes and sugars from the soil that it would otherwise have been able to do. It seems to work though, at least in my experience and the experiences of others who have used it. Again, a side by side test of one with and one without would be very interesting.

Mitakuye Oyasin said:
It seems to work though, at least in my experience and the experiences of others who have used it. Again, a side by side test of one with and one without would be very interesting.

I agree, Mitakuye. Molasses definitely provides a boost to the plants. I use it myself (usually the watering after a feeding).

In week 4 of flower now, not much to report on.
Gave her 3 feeds of pk 13/14

Hopefully she starts to fatten up soon :)

Attachments

• IMG_5535.JPG
    IMG_5535.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5536.JPG
    IMG_5536.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5530.JPG
    IMG_5530.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom