• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Can you easily extract DMT back out of a PG/VG solution?

Migrated topic.
Yes PG and VG are used in the food industry.
It shouldnt be toxic.

If you really want to get your dmt out of it then bird tried do an extraction out of ejuice:

Otherwise some additional informations:

I mixed about 1g DMT in 5ml vg/pg (70/30).
3,5ml of the juice was very potent.
The last 1.5 ml did have no effect.
I assume that the dmt is falling down in the tank and the saturated solution is consumed first.
I pulled the 1,5ml juice out of the tank and dissolved 350mg dmt in it.
The juice was potent again.

Coils in vapes have to be replaced by new coils.
Regular nicotine vapers usually have to switch their coils every 1-4 weeks depending on how much someone vapes.
If you are not using your dmt vape regularly you dont have to switch the coil that often.

Also DMT freebase is very harsh.
I am mixing 0.35 parts citrc acid to 1 part of dmt.
This neutralises the basic PH of the juice resulting in a smoother vaping experience.
You can read about in HIELO - DMT-Nexus Wiki.

Also DMT tends to oxidise when it gets in contant with oxigen.
That explains why it changes its color.
Dissolved DMT citrate seems to be more stable compared to DMT freebase.

That's very useful information and probably explains how I went so far on a seemingly low dose. I wonder what is optimal storage to prevent the saturation you're talking about. Would heating it prior to each use allow the mixture to become homogenous again (regarding DMT saturation, not liquidity/viscosity) or can DMT become "stuck" in the bottom near the coils? I'm hoping one can store upside down or freeze or something to prevent this kind of buildup.

So for the last 6 months or so my smoking method has been to vaporize a solution of 1g of DMT per ml of 50/50 Vegetable glycerine and propylene glycol. I have come to the conclusion that this method doesn't work in the long run, and I want to extract the remaining DMT out of the solution.

Any advice?
I was getting some amazing carts online and I eventually ended up feeling the same way. Like the longer I used it the less it was working. I found that heating it up to get it flowing worked to a certain degree. Heat it too much and it literally flowed right out the air ports onto my damn hand. No bueno. Once that source dried up I sourced some powder locally and tried mixing 1g with 1ml of a 50/50 PG/VG and had mediocre results. What ended up working amazingly was a simple glass tube with a 2’ long rubber hose attached to it. Spice goes on a glass/mirror in a line - Glass tube gets heated up to a decent temp (Doesn’t have to be glowing - In fact it’s best for it not to be) - Dab the glass on the Spice and take slow drawls. I accidentally blasted off like this one time. Would have been amazing had my friend not been there having a heated conversation about her date the night before, in her thick southern draw. I wanted to yell “Just shut up for like 9 minutes please. LOL. Anyways, I’m sure 98% of y’all already knew this method, but I figured, this would be a great way to introduce myself to the community.

What about pouring the mix into a lasagna dish, heat up a tiny little (or just keep at room temp, PG/VG will evap alowly at that yemp as well and let the PG/VG evap over some time?

Blow a fan over it with a washing clothes mesh over it, so it will blow dust free air over the dish creatig a slight overpressure preventing dust getting into the solution.

Once all PG/VG is evapped, you have your DMT again. 🤗

Kind regards,

The Traveler

What about pouring the mix into a lasagna dish, heat up a tiny little (or just keep at room temp, PG/VG will evap alowly at that yemp as well and let the PG/VG evap over some time?

Blow a fan over it with a washing clothes mesh over it, so it will blow dust free air over the dish creatig a slight overpressure preventing dust getting into the solution.

Once all PG/VG is evapped, you have your DMT again. 🤗

Kind regards,

The Traveler
There's no way in hell VG will ever evaporate like that - sorry! Or are you speaking from actual experience? Maybe some of the PG will, and then you can stir the remaining goo with warm naphtha and proceed as though it was a pull from a typical extraction. The VG should remain insoluble in naphtha.

There's no way in hell VG will ever evaporate like that - sorry! Or are you speaking from actual experience? Maybe some of the PG will, and then you can stir the remaining goo with warm naphtha and proceed as though it was a pull from a typical extraction. The VG should remain insoluble in naphtha.
Ah, VG might indeed not.

I only have experience with spilling PG and those drops, to my surprise, evaporated rather fast at room temperature (mostly within a few hours).

Let me carry out an evaporation test with some PG and VG drops in a glass dish to test this hypothesis.

Left drops: PG
Right drops: VG

2024-05-12 21:10 CET
Evap_PG_VG_001.jpg

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Last edited:
Ah, VG might indeed not.

I only have experience with spilling PG and those drops, to my surprise, evaporated rather fast at room temperature (mostly within a few hours).

Let me carry out a evaporation test with some PG and VG drops in a glass dish to test this hypothesis.

Kind regards,

The Traveler
Yeah, VG will hang around being sticky for absolutely ages; its BP is something like 285°C and it's very hygroscopic, so it condenses water rather than evaporating. Freebase DMT will evaporate faster than VG, I suspect -so you'd be better off attempting to distill the DMT out rather than the VG, if you were to insist on a solvent-free process. Source: I have an old bottle of glycerin that has remained sticky forever!

Looking forward to the results from your experiment nonetheless.

Quite curious myself too.

(and just know that I trust you fully about this, it's just my curious nature to just try something out like this, since it's so simple and I have the means)

Kind regards,

The Traveler
I fully support you experimentally testing any claims made by anyone, especially myself. I'd love to see what measurable mass changes you might encounter from a VG sample. You may want to keep track of relative humidity during the course of the experiment.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/cite.202000184 - glycerol droplet evaporation test
https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1002/2017JD027111 - another polyol evaporation test
https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlepdf/2019/ra/c9ra05728e (downloads pdf) - comments on influence of humidity

2024-05-13 22:30 CET:
1715632094474.png

It has been quite as humid day in NL today, the PG seems to slowly evap and spread over the plate, while the VG keeps it's cool and even seems to grow.

So @Transform, as usual with these kinds of things, seems to be correct!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Interesting. Thanks for the reply. Do you know if it's possible for the DMT to float down after a while and build up somehow? I'd read someone theorizing that's how doses could be so out-of-whack sometimes. Also, what setup do you use?
I believe that the dissolved solids in the solution do have a tendency to sink over time.

Back
Top Bottom