• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).
CBD2THC PRO-Test TLC result

Substance testing CBD2THC PRO-Test TLC result

The Traveler

The Moxylator
Staff member
Admin
Donator
The Traveler submitted a new resource:

CBD2THC PRO-Test TLC result - TLC testing of my CBD2THC result with the PRO-Test TLC test kit

This week I received the Full TLC Purity Test Kit from PRO-Test.

It's a very extensive and complete TLC kit where a huge chunk of it's roots comes from the DMT-Nexus (@endlessness in particular can be very proud of this achievement, together with PRO-Test who did a great job converting all the parts into a usable product for the masses).

The main reason for me buying this kit was to be more reliant om myself for...

Read more about this resource...

Dear The Traveler, I have seen on the forum how people turn CBD into THC using clinoptilolite zeolite. I would like to see what happens if zeolite is mixed with 5-HTP and melatonin. Will there be some other tryptamine or not:).

I can do it myself, but I don't have a chromatograph to analyze the resulting substance:(

Dear The Traveler, I have seen on the forum how people turn CBD into THC using clinoptilolite zeolite. I would like to see what happens if zeolite is mixed with 5-HTP and melatonin. Will there be some other tryptamine or not:).

I can do it myself, but I don't have a chromatograph to analyze the resulting substance:(
Not sure actually what would happen, maybe @Transform can state something about this?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Sorry to have missed this question somehow! EDIT: Actually I didn't miss it at all - see below 🤨

There will most likely be a mess in the case of 5-HTP, but maybe the melatonin will convert to 6-MeO-harmalan. You need to think about what the products of an acid-catalysed reaction can be in the case of each of the starting materials, based on their structure and the properties of their functional groups. There is also the possibility of hydrolysis of the melatonin methoxy group to hydroxy and methanol, so you may get N-acetylserotonin, and possibly the cyclised counterpart, 6-OH-harmalan. This cyclisation is fairly unlikely in the absence of more strongly dehydrating conditions, however, likewise in the case of the 6-MeO- derivative.

There are better uses for melatonin in the chemistry lab, but if the clinoptilolite were able to catalyse the hydrolysis of the acetyl group to produce mexamine we might be starting to get somewhere.

It would be quite simple to test the results of the reaction by using TLC, or even paper chromatography.

Last edited:
From the other thread where this question was asked:
I already had the feeling this was posted elsewhere. 😅

Kind regards,

The Traveler

@The Traveler I really appreciate you taking the time to document the testing process, it made it a lot easier to read the results, being able to look over a process I've never myself undertaken.

My biggest question or point of ponderance after looking at the results: there is a mentionable quantity of minor cannabinoids CBG, CBC, and CBN (which is simply oxidized THCa). As all cannabinoids, to my best knowledge, are isomers/can be converted through isomerization, I am curious if those mentioned cannabinoids were present in the source material, which seems likely if you started with a full spectrum isolate. If not, it would appear that the zeolite conversion process produces some variety of cannabinoids, and not only THC. If my chemistry vocabulary is incorrect, please don't be shy to correct me.

I really enjoyed looking at these results, especially as this conversion tek has been such a hit within the community. Thanks Trav :D

Peace and Love
Sv

Back
Top Bottom