• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Changa: Harmine vs Harmala fb, which do you prefer?

Migrated topic.

Chronic303

Rising Star
My last few changa blends I used harmala freebase(Harmine 47% Harmaline 53%). The effects were ok, I have never used DMT freebase without MAOI's yet so I can't compare it with DMT freebase.. Now I have the option for 1grams of harmine freebase. Is this better for changa then harmala mix?
I'm curious what other people here prefer and what the differences are in effect..

Harmine works fine and everyone liked the changa I mader with it so far.

So you probably won't make a mistake obtaining harmine. It is also said to be smoother and with less body load than harmaline. Another good reason of harmine is that it is short acting, good for changa - there is maybe less chance of harmala overdose from buildup of the alkaloid in your system when redosing changa.

blue.magic said:
Harmine works fine and everyone liked the changa I mader with it so far.

So you probably won't make a mistake obtaining harmine. It is also said to be smoother and with less body load than harmaline. Another good reason of harmine is that it is short acting, good for changa - there is maybe less chance of harmala overdose from buildup of the alkaloid in your system when redosing changa.

Thnks for this information, my next batch will be with harmine (1gr spice : 500mg harmine : 1gr plant material).
I didn't even know there was a chance of harmala overdose.. sounds uncomfortable. Short acting as in how long it stays in the body? Or how long it is active in the brains?
I am aware of the dangerous side effects when combined with some types of drugs/medicines/food but I'm not really sure if that applies to smoked MAOI's as wel because I have smoked a lot of changa(with harmalas) in combination with beers and/or coffee and other foods that are forbidden and never had any sideeffects and neither did any of my friends..
Maybe because it is very short acting the dangerous effects of smoked maoi's and medicine/drugs/food is not possible??

Chronic303 said:
I didn't even know there was a chance of harmala overdose.. sounds uncomfortable. Short acting as in how long it stays in the body? Or how long it is active in the brains?

Sorry I was not clear. I meant short biological half-life. Harmine has a half life of 10 minutes while harmaline has over 53 minutes.

These values are for activity in the brain, so more harmalas may stay in your body.

Chronic303 said:
I didn't even know there was a chance of harmala overdose.. sounds uncomfortable.
I am aware of the dangerous side effects when combined with some types of drugs/medicines/food but I'm not really sure if that applies to smoked MAOI's as wel because I have smoked a lot of changa(with harmalas) in combination with beers and/or coffee and other foods that are forbidden and never had any sideeffects and neither did any of my friends..
Maybe because it is very short acting the dangerous effects of smoked maoi's and medicine/drugs/food is not possible??

Yes there are some trip reports where people smoked changa while candyflipping or being on a drug that should not be combined with MAOIs and it went terrible. No deaths, but it was very unpleasant experience.

I know people who overdosed from oral harmalas (they redosed both DMT and harmalas in pharmahuasca), don't know about smoked. The smoked is probably shortest acting while the oral is longest, same for its presence in the body.

Combination with food and alcohol is not that dangerous as harmalas are RIMA and disable only MAO-A enzyme while MAO-B is still active (hence no danger of food poisoning).

I would still avoid combinations with changa. If you really want to combine, go for vaporized DMT instead.

blue.magic said:
Chronic303 said:

Sorry I was not clear. I meant short biological half-life. Harmine has a half life of 10 minutes while harmaline has over 53 minutes.

These values are for activity in the brain, so more harmalas may stay in your body.

Chronic303 said:
I didn't even know there was a chance of harmala overdose.. sounds uncomfortable.

Yes there are some trip reports where people smoked changa while candyflipping or being on a drug that should not be combined with MAOIs and it went terrible. No deaths, but it was very unpleasant experience.

I know people who overdosed from oral harmalas (they redosed both DMT and harmalas in pharmahuasca), don't know about smoked. The smoked is probably shortest acting while the oral is longest, same for its presence in the body.

Combination with food and alcohol is not that dangerous as harmalas are RIMA and disable only MAO-A enzyme while MAO-B is still active (hence no danger of food poisoning).

I would still avoid combinations with changa. If you really want to combine, go for vaporized DMT instead.

Thanks for the reply
I just read this whole WIKI page:
It made a lot of things clear about MAO-A and MAO-B inhibition and the reversible effect of natural RIMA's like harmine and harmaline. My gf who is on 10mg's of amitriptyline (tricyclic anti-depresive medicine) daily really wants to try changa but I have made enhanced leaf for her in stead. But 10mg's is a very low dose and considering the fact that harmine has a half-life of 10 minutes could it be worth trying a very low dose of harmine for her to see if it reacts with the medicine? or is this very life threatening??

Why risk it, Chronic? Clearly it is advised against combining RIMAs and antidepressants. Even with short half lifes, there will still be interactions. I’d skip the harmalas, especially for a first timer using such a powerful psychedelic. Please be safe!

Lumina said:
Why risk it, Chronic? Clearly it is advised against combining RIMAs and antidepressants. Even with short half lifes, there will still be interactions. I’d skip the harmalas, especially for a first timer using such a powerful psychedelic. Please be safe!

yes! you're right, we are not gonna take any risks. I currently have enhanced leaf without harmalas for my GF as long as she's on her medicine and it works perfectly fine without risks. I myself use 25% changa with 12,5% harmalas.

Back
Top Bottom