• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Changa tek & estimating Passiflora extract MAOI concentration

jeriko

Rising Star
We're following this Straight-to-changa tek (STC - Dream Weaver's Tek - STB - Welcome to the DMT-Nexus).

For the harmalas, I've sourced 100ml of Passion Flower tincture (in alcohol) but I have no idea what the concentration of MAOIs are -- the vendor was unable to tell me.

Any recommendations on how to proceed? Should I plan some sort of precipitation to get the MAOIs out first, or is there a way of estimating concentration? Don't want to over/under dose the harmalas when mixing the changa.

jeriko said:
We're following this Straight-to-changa tek (STC - Dream Weaver's Tek - STB - Welcome to the DMT-Nexus).

For the harmalas, I've sourced 100ml of Passion Flower tincture (in alcohol) but I have no idea what the concentration of MAOIs are -- the vendor was unable to tell me.

Any recommendations on how to proceed? Should I plan some sort of precipitation to get the MAOIs out first, or is there a way of estimating concentration? Don't want to over/under dose the harmalas when mixing the changa.

just mix 1 gramm, in 5 parts, 200 mg herbs each, and add different amounts of Passionflower-extract to it, to test, which amount works best for you.
But as Passionflower is a rather weak MAOI, i would maybe substitute it with some Caapi-Leaves or Caapi-veine, or extract.

I personally don't even like the taste of Passionflower so much.. so i use it very rarely, and if always in combination with a stronger MAOI (5x-10x Caapi-Leaves work well for me)

just mix 1 gramm, in 5 parts, 200 mg herbs each, and add different amounts of Passionflower-extract to it, to test, which amount works best for you.
But as Passionflower is a rather weak MAOI, i would maybe substitute it with some Caapi-Leaves or Caapi-veine, or extract.

I personally don't even like the taste of Passionflower so much.. so i use it very rarely, and if always in combination with a stronger MAOI (5x-10x Caapi-Leaves work well for me)
You have a PM !

You have a PM !
@Hupecat hasn't been in for a good while, so don't put your hopes too high for a reply.

If you have a specific question, just ask it in this thread. You may also note that it's eleven years old - if we had necrobump badges I'd be handing you one now 🤣
Perhaps we have a more up-to-date changa/passionflower thread but maybe not?

Rregardless, AFAIK, passionflower is relatively low in harmala content. I doubt that even a whole gram of passionflower with 1g of DMT would come close to the MAOi in a batch with harmala extract.

One love

I use Passionflower for all my Changa 'cause I had a bunch. It's prolly 2-3X. It makes a noticeable difference, but not a strong or significant one. If Rue is the masculine and Caapi is the feminine then Passionflower is the flighty young girl nervously flitting about.

I've tried using passionflower before DMT. It does affect the experience a little, but you would need a pretty high dose of passiflora to feel significant MAOI effects. I believe the passiflora does relax the mind a bit, and It has positive effects, but not heavy MAOI effects. It doesn't extend the duration of vaporized DMT trips.

As soon as I tried a changa made with caapi or harmala freebase instead of passionflower, I understood that there is a big difference. Passiflora is not strong enough (maybe a concentrated extract is, but it's not strong enough on its own).

Here are some more threads/posts found here within the changa subforum with the search terms - passiflora passion.

There are a few more but I won't list them all - the search function appears to work better on the new forum than the one on the old forum did (hint, hint…)

The (THE!) Passiflora thread:

Post #2 looks particularly promising...

Back
Top Bottom