• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Charities against entheogen prohibition?

Migrated topic.

ohayoco

Rising Star
OG Pioneer
Are there any charities or lobby groups that aim to end prohibition?

If you know of any, please post them here, with website details if possible. It's time the oppression ended! :twisted:

Well yes there are many. MAPS funds research into enthogens. Also the Hefter Institute. They are both more on the science side. I think one of the best ways to convince modern western societies that these substances are useful is through science so fund good science and good things can happen. Also the promotion of individual rights which is done by any organization that truly supports individual liberty (there are many).

anyway some links:

Good stuff, thanks.

By the general human rights groups, do you mean Amnesty International etc? I think they have their hands full dealing with execution and torture? I don't think the UK has any UK-specific individual rights groups... at least, none with any prominence whatsoever.

I think a group advocating an end to prohibition would become very prominent very quickly, no?

In peru, i believe the president is a former coca farmer. Besides allowing for coca leaves to be grown and sold (for legal purposes), he states that it would be better if governments would aim at prevention by means of educating people about drugs, than to continue this senseless war on drugs.

By the general human rights groups, do you mean Amnesty International etc? I think they have their hands full dealing with execution and torture? I don't think the UK has any UK-specific individual rights groups... at least, none with any prominence whatsoever.

I think a group advocating an end to prohibition would become very prominent very quickly, no?

Yea I was meaning more along the lines of political groups who are in favor of liberty and ending drug prohibition is a by-product of that. I see it as a human right to be able to consume whatever substance you want as long as you accept the responsibility of what that substance can do to you. But yea I can't comment on UK political situation since I don't know much about what kind of organizations are going on there.

You would think groups in favor of ending prohibition would be popular. But the truth is most people don't understand why prohibition is so bad unless they have been victimized by it through crime or through drug addiction. Also most people don't get the concept of individual responsibility and think its the governments role to make society better rather then its up to individuals to make a society better.

This scary Guardian article about the erosion of civil liberties and the formation of a police state in the UK (the Guardian is mainstream press too, which makes it even scarier!) lists the Joseph Rowntree Foundation, openDemocracy, Liberty, NO2ID and the Guardian itself as the sponsors of the The Convention on Modern Liberty.

I've just found a UK one, called Release. They don't seem to say that they're anti-prohibition exactly, but they say their working to protect human rights and manage drug use more fairly... whatever that means, they should be clearer really. One of their campaigns is called "Nice People Take Drugs", which I suppose was intended to be a rather incendiary slogan. Personally, I'd prefer to separate entheogenic, positive, harmless drugs from the harmful ones like booze, crack, heroin and meth, and don't think that slogan's going to convince anyone, but it's better than a kick in the teeth (by a policeman).

Check out their deck of cards though, featuring all the politician hypocrites and their confessional quotes! Obama did coke?! :lol: Release playing cards

ohayoco said:
I've just found a UK one, called Release. They don't seem to say that they're anti-prohibition exactly, but they say their working to protect human rights and manage drug use more fairly... whatever that means, they should be clearer really. One of their campaigns is called "Nice People Take Drugs", which I suppose was intended to be a rather incendiary slogan. Personally, I'd prefer to separate entheogenic, positive, harmless drugs from the harmful ones like booze, crack, heroin and meth, and don't think that slogan's going to convince anyone, but it's better than a kick in the teeth (by a policeman).

Check out their deck of cards though, featuring all the politician hypocrites and their confessional quotes! Obama did coke?! :lol: Release playing cards

They are seriously selling these decks of cards ?? !!! :d

Back
Top Bottom