• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

cleanup question

Migrated topic.
No, you don't perform pulls with naphtha from an acidic stage.

You would have to acidify ---> base ---> pull.

There are endless threads on this, including the one you linked. Follow that to a T.

I think he means dissolve the alkaloids in acidic water and wash out the NP soluble impurities with naphtha washes. Then you convert back to high pH and extract with clean naphtha, that does work just fine. It's also called a defat, when used on plant material.

But id recommend salting straight out of the NP to fumarate, and recrystallizing the salt. Cleaner, easier, and less waste.

The Grateful One said:

sorry i should written it clearer, i meant dissolving the alkaloids in the acidic water like Mindlusion wrote.

i not aware of how good the result in terms of a cleanup process would be if I dissolve my spice in the water as it will most likely also dissolve the impurities

Mindlusion said:
I think he means dissolve the alkaloids in acidic water and wash out the NP soluble impurities with naphtha washes. Then you convert back to high pH and extract with clean naphtha, that does work just fine. It's also called a defat, when used on plant material.

But id recommend salting straight out of the NP to fumarate, and recrystallizing the salt. Cleaner, easier, and less waste.

thanks that was exactly what i ment.
for the process you described is there a howto somewhere?

I have found a simple freeze precipitation to be very effective for cleaning up rough extractions. But it really depends on how dirty it is. If you can see crystals sticking out of a waxy substance, freeze precipitation will help. If it's gooey and/or reddish then yes, another A/B cycle with defating may be necessary.

Ahh, I see, my mistake Jiva. I didn't realize you were talking about a defat. I thought you were trying to perform a mini A/B.

jiva said:
The Grateful One said:

sorry i should written it clearer, i meant dissolving the alkaloids in the acidic water like Mindlusion wrote.

i not aware of how good the result in terms of a cleanup process would be if I dissolve my spice in the water as it will most likely also dissolve the impurities

Mindlusion said:

thanks that was exactly what i ment.
for the process you described is there a howto somewhere?

Here is some further reading on FASA

But it's simple really, you don't need a tek, just dissolve some fumaric acid in some acetone (or 99% IPA for FASI) and add it dropwise to your DMT freebase containing naphtha, until you no longer see clouds of precipitation. This will crystallize overnight, you pour off the naphtha and have DMT fumarate crystals.

To recrystallize, simply dissolve them in a minimal amount of boiling 99% IPA, let cool slowly, first to room temp, collect the crystals, or place in fridge or freezer to fully crystallize (use your judgement).

Instead of re-crystallization, you can rebasify and extract the freebase for another freeze precip, and it will be much cleaner, the additional freeze precip helps clean it again too.

Back
Top Bottom