• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Colorimetric Reagent testing for benzodiazepines

Migrated topic.

Godsmacker

Rising Star
In recent years, bulk amounts of pure benzodiazepine powders have been making the scene. Alprazolam, along with a multiverse of novel "RC" benzodiazepines and Thienodiazepines (e.g. etizolam) have been parading around in pure powder form all over the underground; to much of both myself and the Harm Reduction community's dismay, there appears to be no simple or solid way to confirm the presence/purity of these benzodiazepines via colorimetric reagent testing, as one can easily do with most psychoactive drugs. Besides the inherent risks associated with millions of monkeys playing around with [supposedly] pure benzodiazepine powders, most of which are active at sub-milligram dosages, there still stands no solid or simple means of determining the presence/potency of benzodiazepine powders AFAIK.

It is with this concern for harm reduction that I ask the community if there are any colorimetric reagent tests which may be useful in determining the presence of various benzodiazepines (e.g. diazepam, alprazolam, clonazolam, midazolam, etizolam, etc.)? I would like to know if there are any reagent tests tailored to detecting benzodiazepines, because most common-place reagent tests (e.g. ehrlich, marquis, mandelin, mecke--all the reagent tests in my arsenal) will not react (AKA change color) in the presence of pure alprazolam or clonazolam IME.

I would like to know if there are any reliable/trustworthy colorimetric reagents which may be used to test for the presence of benzodiazepines, and/or differentiate between different classes/molecules (e.g. a reagent test which could differentiate between triazolo, 7-nitro, thienodiazepines (e.g. etizolam) and other classes of benzos would be a great start; a test(s) which could indicate the presence of specific RC benzos (or at least their family/subset of chemical structures) of benzos. There is little to no research regarding the use of colorimetric reagent testing of bulk benzodiazepine powders, and I would like to know if there are any colorimetric reagents which may be able to detect the presence (and/or family/actual chemical structure) of benzodiazepines, and if so, which reagents should one invest in if they were handling bulk quantities of pure benzodiazepine powders?

Thanks,
-Godsmacker

Apparently there is one called Mckibben reagent, seems these people were developing it but I cant see any sign of it being sold. Maybe you can contact them and ask?

The people at bunk police seem to be onto it and are possibly going to develop/distribute it, but you might have to wait a couple of months for that. I will send them an email asking if there was any more development on it, and will let you know :)

Back
Top Bottom