• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Dancing on spice

Migrated topic.

TeaDaze

truth is a pathless land
Has anyone here experimented with dancing during sub-breakthrough dmt trips? I found a couple discussions/mentions of this from years past but it's pretty space, so I thought I'd share.

This was an accidental discovery while experimenting with LSD/DMT synergy. I had a failed take off while stumbling with the foil+bottle vape method (since replaced by a GVG) that left me with quite a buzz and an incredibly colorful room, so rather than just sit there I decided to get up and observe things in my home. As I did this I got the itch to move to the music that was playing in the background. I noticed a much higher awareness of my body and the music beyond what I was used to in any altered or sober state. I was flowing much faster than usual and felt very open to making new expressive movements I would otherwise never have done. I felt slightly possessed, honestly.

Shortly after this I set out to try dancing on a larger dose. I set up a good fast goofy Shpongle song (seemed fitting) and then luckily managed to get a better hit from the foil/bottle.

I stood upright with no problem and the dance immediately took hold of me. Everything was a blur because I was moving so fast and not really focusing on anything except the dance itself. The connection and flow with the music was incredible. It felt almost like someone else was dancing for me due to the incredible novelty and speed of my motions. Some motions were so wild I felt my back popping. I even stuck my tongue out a few times and flapped it to the beat. I never would have thought of that, but there I was doing it. Maybe only 20 seconds into this I started laughing out loud at how ridiculously funny this was. Despite how coordinated I felt, it's possible I looked like I belonged in a padded room and straight jacket!

I tried this a few more times experimenting with keeping my eyes mostly open or mostly closed while dancing- both were also amazing experiences. Dancing with eyes open and looking around the room it seemed that random things were waving me over to dance with them. With eyes closed I felt less connected to my body but also felt like I was literally dancing with the geometry.

I briefly tried to repeat this during the peak of a sub-breakthrough pure DMT trip (no acid) and it was a no-go. Even on small doses doing anything other than sitting still with my eyes closed is overwhelming. I have, however, been able to get up and dance in the post-peak afterglow.

Does anyone else have experience with this?

Yep, it's quite nice.

Also a sudden urge to do yoga like movements with fluidity, chanting with my belly and other things.

Most civilizations that have histories of entheogenic use also have histories of passionate dancing, usually spinning around giant fires as if interpretively mimicking the motions of our planets and moons around our sun. I find it to be elating, especially with Psilocybin and small dose DMT. Movement is healthy, and healthy feels good.

I was imagining the same thing- tribal and spiritual dancing around huge fires or in drum circles.

Some time ago I came to this conclusion that I should pay close attention to what grounds me and clears my mind during journeys. Seeing as music and dance is so grounding and mind blowing I feel like there's something really important happening there. It's like meditation. The movement definitely feels good!

TeaDaze said:
Some time ago I came to this conclusion that I should pay close attention to what grounds me and clears my mind during journeys.

Sounds like it was a beautiful experience. If you haven't yet, I'd look into "Earthing." I think you'll find it interesting. Nothing is more grounding than having our bare feet on the Earth

Heavin said:
TeaDaze said:
Some time ago I came to this conclusion that I should pay close attention to what grounds me and clears my mind during journeys.

Sounds like it was a beautiful experience. If you haven't yet, I'd look into "Earthing." I think you'll find it interesting. Nothing is more grounding than having our bare feet on the Earth
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll read more into that. Interestingly, I was looking into some dancing groups such as Ecstatic Dance that require bare feet on the dance floor. I can see them going hand in hand (dance/barefoot).

TeaDaze said:
Heavin said:
TeaDaze said:

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll read more into that. Interestingly, I was looking into some dancing groups such as Ecstatic Dance that require bare feet on the dance floor. I can see them going hand in hand (dance/barefoot).

You are more than welcome . I've always had a special kind of appreciation for people like you, people who not only listen to, but act on their inclinations.

haha thanks! I have plenty of other inclinations that I haven't acted on due to laziness, fears, and insecurities :)

TeaDaze said:
Has anyone here experimented with dancing during sub-breakthrough dmt trips? I found a couple discussions/mentions of this from years past but it's pretty space, so I thought I'd share.

This was an accidental discovery while experimenting with LSD/DMT synergy. I had a failed take off while stumbling with the foil+bottle vape method (since replaced by a GVG) that left me with quite a buzz and an incredibly colorful room, so rather than just sit there I decided to get up and observe things in my home. As I did this I got the itch to move to the music that was playing in the background. I noticed a much higher awareness of my body and the music beyond what I was used to in any altered or sober state. I was flowing much faster than usual and felt very open to making new expressive movements I would otherwise never have done. I felt slightly possessed, honestly.

Shortly after this I set out to try dancing on a larger dose. I set up a good fast goofy Shpongle song (seemed fitting) and then luckily managed to get a better hit from the foil/bottle.

I stood upright with no problem and the dance immediately took hold of me. Everything was a blur because I was moving so fast and not really focusing on anything except the dance itself. The connection and flow with the music was incredible. It felt almost like someone else was dancing for me due to the incredible novelty and speed of my motions. Some motions were so wild I felt my back popping. I even stuck my tongue out a few times and flapped it to the beat. I never would have thought of that, but there I was doing it. Maybe only 20 seconds into this I started laughing out loud at how ridiculously funny this was. Despite how coordinated I felt, it's possible I looked like I belonged in a padded room and straight jacket!

I tried this a few more times experimenting with keeping my eyes mostly open or mostly closed while dancing- both were also amazing experiences. Dancing with eyes open and looking around the room it seemed that random things were waving me over to dance with them. With eyes closed I felt less connected to my body but also felt like I was literally dancing with the geometry.

I briefly tried to repeat this during the peak of a sub-breakthrough pure DMT trip (no acid) and it was a no-go. Even on small doses doing anything other than sitting still with my eyes closed is overwhelming. I have, however, been able to get up and dance in the post-peak afterglow.

Does anyone else have experience with this?

Definitely a very flowing and in tune experience but not necessarily something I'd want to do all the time. I feel there's far better things to dance with, mainly just music, but DMT certainly has that watery spirit. Also, don't smoke foil, naive idea.

Namaste

ys said:
Definitely a very flowing and in tune experience but not necessarily something I'd want to do all the time. I feel there's far better things to dance with, mainly just music, but DMT certainly has that watery spirit. Also, don't smoke foil, naive idea.
'Watery spirit' is a good way to put it. The fluidity seems nearly random.

I enjoy the variety; a little sober, a little altered. I could see this being used to find inspiration/ideas for new forms of expressive dance much like I and other have found exploring other arts in altered states. Hmm.

I'm also quite curious to explore this with changa some day. Well, just exploring changa looks very interesting.

No more foil! I really felt like DMT deserved a little more respect than being vaporized in a Mountain Dew bottle (not to mention it was a pain in the butt)!

Back
Top Bottom