• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

democracy: the greatest good?

Migrated topic.
Tommi said:
Sorry, but I disagree. I think that anarchism is the greatest good. Democracy looks cool from the god eye, however, it's a system made to lead every human towards nowhere, or towards everything, while anarchy unites groups. What I mean, it makes people lonely, it's so inclusive that it takes huge part of humanity into line to fake happiness. However, I'd agree that it's an mediocre system for any lad to hold on to. And mediocre is great, since either greatest guys and lowkeys can participate in the same place. Else, why do I like democracy, it leads people mutually towards wealth and prosperity, while anarchism greatly lacks this aspect.
Define anarchism. Are you an an-cap, or an an-soc, or an anarcha-feminist, or something else?

I consider myself an anarchist as well, but one of the biggest impediments to getting any kind of movement going is the fact that there are as many different 'anarchisms' and there are anarchists and trying to build a cohesive movement quickly becomes impossible as people splinter apart. Unless you have a very strong sense of community and shared vision going into it, you're gonna run into problems.

Blessings
~ND

Tommi said:
Sorry, but I disagree. I think that anarchism is the greatest good. Democracy looks cool from the god eye, however, it's a system made to lead every human towards nowhere, or towards everything, while anarchy unites groups. What I mean, it makes people lonely, it's so inclusive that it takes huge part of humanity into line to fake happiness. However, I'd agree that it's an mediocre system for any lad to hold on to. And mediocre is great, since either greatest guys and lowkeys can participate in the same place. Else, why do I like democracy, it leads people mutually towards wealth and prosperity, while anarchism greatly lacks this aspect.

Depends how you define wealth and prosperity. I don't see what we are doing to the planet and ourselves as either wealth creating or prosperous.

I agree that anarchism is probably the greatest good, or at least what I think the definition of anarchism is. I see anarchism as self governance, each person taking responsibility for themselves and their part in the whole system, rather than electing someone else to be responsible for them. This I believe is the only way a society can be truly free and truly prosper.

I'm sure I could have been identified as many things over the course of my life, but semi-recently I began believing true capitalism was the best system. I now don't think that is so as I see money, and the whole financial system as a hindrance on the progression of the human species.

Back
Top Bottom