• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Dmt burning tongue

Migrated topic.

scelsi

Rising Star
Hi nexians

As my dog has no possibility on do his own extracts for now, he was gifted with some dmt fb.

But he barked me that tried a little sublingually and it burns the tongue. He barked that last 1 minute or so, but it was tolerable

He know it was extracted with naoh and naphta.

It's normal or safe for oral ingestion?

Also, the dmt is yellow and white only crystals, no presence of others particles.

Thanks to all

Please send 50$ to the nexus 'donate' and you're spice will be fine. ;)
Seriously, how can people here conclude on potential NaOh contamination of your gifted spice?

Burning DMT is no fun, and it's fairly easy to do [I had done it several times in the very beginning].

Immediate assault on the throat/mouth, and in a huge sense overpowering the experience, there's been alot of terms to describe it, but for my it came down to feeling like razors continually slicing my throat, very uncomfortable, and honestly when vaporizing dmt fb there should be none of that, it shouldn't be thrashing the throat.

After some practice [with that same first batch that I'd ever extracted] with proper vaporization [and some mg's wasted] my 'razor'd throat feelings/sensations' quickly diminished to near nothing, just takes practice ..and an efficient device. Easy to burn with conduction style heating when you'd never had any experience vaporizing dmt prior. Maybe look into convection style pipes/devices as they can be superior to the former.

Or make some enhanced leaf in a 1:1 ratio and load up a water pipe or small bong, you most likely won't regret doing that.

EDIt: disregard this post, can probably just delete it, typed all this out then went to look back at the op again and for some reason I'd read it as you smoked it. That's my fault. Mods just delete this, has no relevance.

Hey,

I've had spice that burned when I tasted it and I'm almost entirely sure there was no lye contamination. I'm not sure what the burn was from but it was definitely there. It was fine to vaporize though and if used orally, which didn't happen except in fairly low doses, it was used with orange juice and was fine other than a maybe a little stomach discomfort.

Jees said:
Please send 50$ to the nexus 'donate' and you're spice will be fine. ;)
Seriously, how can people here conclude on potential NaOh contamination of your gifted spice?
The purpose of the topic is to share with the newbies the fact of dmt.fb 'burning' properties when you put a little under your tongue. And if experimented users can say if the burning is a contamination issue or no.

Learn. Share. Expand

Cheers

spractral said:
Hey,

I've had spice that burned when I tasted it and I'm almost entirely sure there was no lye contamination. I'm not sure what the burn was from but it was definitely there. It was fine to vaporize though and if used orally, which didn't happen except in fairly low doses, it was used with orange juice and was fine other than a maybe a little stomach discomfort.

So you say that not all dmt you tested caused a little burning (feel)?

I think it's an important thing for who are trying for their first times. Specially when it comes oral.

Thanks

Freebase, by definition is a base, high alkaline, caustic compound. That’s why it burns. You’re supposed to convert it to a salt in order to render a safe for oral ingestion product.

Read more topics on the forum, I swear it’s worth every last second spent doing it.

Lumina said:
Freebase, by definition is a base, high alkaline, caustic compound. That’s why it burns. You’re supposed to convert it to a salt in order to render a safe for oral ingestion product.

Read more topics on the forum, I swear it’s worth every last second spent doing it.

Yes, believe me I read a lot, really a lot on this forum. But nowhere people are talking about the burning taste in dmt fb sublingual test. There's a lot of post about burning in intranasal roa.

The question is if that burning could be contamns or it's just normal on fb.

Anyway, my dog will try oral dmt (after caapi alks) dissolved in Orange juice. Could be grapefruit pure juice? (from a real grapefruit not anything packed bought on a store). My dog love pure grapefruit juice.

Also, caapi alks freebase also make his tongue burns, but dmt fb burns twice.

Cheers

DMT free base is, as Lumina says, a, uh, base. Like lye, which is often used in its preparation, but given even a rudimentary level of competence should not end up in the final product. The product is still highly alkaline. Many other free amine bases would cause a similar burning effect.

If you have any concerns regarding the purity (or indeed, identity) of your sample taking steps to purify (and identify) it might be prudent and would at least be instructive.

Arguably, the same would apply to your caapi alkaloids.

Using orange juice to dissolve the alkaloids mitigates both their intrinsic basicity and that of any alkaline contaminants carried over from their preparation. Grapefruit juice is similarly acidic but its Cyt-P450 inhibiting properties may slow the metabolism of some the caapi alkaloids somewhat, likely increasing the duration of their effects.

It won't do anything about non-alkaline contaminants, of course.

Why doesn't it burn the air passages when smoalked? I found smoalked DMT extremely harsh and I couldn't keep it in. I presumed that this was due to inexperience as it isn't something most people complain of.

scelsi said:
And if experimented users can say if the burning is a contamination issue or no.

Learn. Share. Expand

Cheers
Ok, lets expand better then: dmt fb is a base (a said), and NaOh is a base. So it burns on your tongue, how can we advise here where exactly that burn comes from? Nobody sane here is going to take a stake on the quality of your gifted spice because there is no idea how they took care about potential NaOh contamination. You might ask how it was extracted and if they incorporated a (carbonate)water wash before crystallizing then you can be pretty sure there's no NaOh contam issue.
A bit of a guide is dark spots, if there are dark spots it leans toward potential lye contamination. There's a reason the general tone is to extract yourself, then you know how it came to be.
Happy trials!
:thumb_up:

Back
Top Bottom