• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Dmt+Salvia in Pee Test

Migrated topic.

metta-morpheus

My wife said she read this article yesterday that dmt will show on a pee test 24 hours after taking, but if salvia is in your system, you could still test for dmt up to 5 days later. Can anyone confirm this, and if so, what’s going on there to make that happen?

I've taken many a pee test in my life, and given quite a few when I lived in an Oxford house. I have never seen or heard of testing for dmt or any other tryptamine (or salvia for that matter).

I don’t think it’s something that necessarily is tested for but can be tested for. I feel mandatory tests would be looking for the more problematic or common substances. (Opioids, amphetamines, thc)

DMT is rapidly metabolized to indole acetic acid, which is very common in human metabolism. There are way too many compounds in nature that would give elevated IAA levels to make such a task viable.

I don't know much about salvia metabolites, it may be possible, but it seems unlikely anyone would bother of going to the trouble and expense of developing a test for such an uncommon substance.

Any validity to the concept of salvia prolonging the residual traces of dmt for a few extra days? That’s what really got me, was the statement that salvia will make you pee dirty for dmt up to 5 days longer than normal. Some kind of synergy?

That’s why I’m bringing it up here, is I also think it sounds a little suspect, so I wanted to find others opinions/experiences

I too am a prolific urine sample provider and have always been under the understanding that I could toke a DMT pipe while pissing in a cup and it would not matter to the results. Dreamer gave the reasoning. Someone is trying to scare you...

Metta-Morpheus said:
That’s why I’m bringing it up here, is I also think it sounds a little suspect, so I wanted to find others opinions/experiences
I'll go further than this and say it's complete and utter bullshit. It makes no sense whatsoever, from a biochemical perspective. The people who repeat such rumours have, at best, the most rudimentary knowledge of the matter - it probably originated as some kind of joke.

Back
Top Bottom