• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

DMT self-supersaturation for cart vaping

Here&Now

Established member
I came across an interesting post when searching the DMT subreddit. Their moderator apparently uses a method of supersaturating DMT freebase with itself to keep it in a liquid/goo state and then loads this into a cart for vaping. Since it's put into this particular state, it doesn't recrystalize as it cools to room temperature. This would take PG and VG out of the equation entirely and create a very strong liquid which is in fact entirely composed of the desired substance.

When searching this mod's post history, it seems they've been promising for years to make a post explaining how this can be accomplished. Unfortunately, they still haven't made the post. Does anyone here have experience with creating self-supersatured DMT for vaping? I'm pretty uneducated in chemistry, so I'm not sure how it's done. I'd guess that heat and perhaps cold is involved.

I also wonder if it could be done with the salt versions of DMT, though I realize the melting temperature would be a lot higher, so I'm not sure if that'd change anything for this process.

Clarification: This particular Reddit post is about simply melting DMT freebase in a cart before every use (which is actually an interesting idea itself), but the mod posted in this thread to very loosely explain their supersaturation method.

Last edited:
Well you do have the DMT-citrate honey from the recent TEK. But id still think id prefer a bit PG in the mix.

Can’t pretend i know wether “supersaturated “ DMT freebase is possible, but if that redditor has been talking about it for years without fruit, id be very sceptical.

I just tested my 1:3 citric acid juice yesterday successfully . Very smooth and mild to inhale, im gonna stick with that myself. (But now received mesh rda that needs testin as well 😬 )

Can’t pretend i know wether “supersaturated “ DMT freebase is possible, but if that redditor has been talking about it for years without fruit, id be very sceptical.
Right lol, seems like a red flag. Though when I look at their other posts, I get the strong impression they know what they're talking about in terms of chemistry. but I am judging it as a layman.

I just tested my 1:3 citric acid juice yesterday successfully . Very smooth and mild to inhale, im gonna stick with that myself.
Can't go wrong there; that tek is awesome. But I can't help but wonder about the experience of using straight DMT (freebase or salt) in a melted state. I didn't even consider it as a possibility until I read the post.

Right lol, seems like a red flag. Though when I look at their other posts, I get the strong impression they know what they're talking about in terms of chemistry. but I am judging it as a layman.

Can't go wrong there; that tek is awesome. But I can't help but wonder about the experience of using straight DMT (freebase or salt) in a melted state. I didn't even consider it as a possibility until I read the post.
I understand, but why? Even diluted 3:1 you can break trough with 3-4 hits with non harsh vape. Vs harsh freebase vape. And apparently stay stable for a long time as dmt-citrate

The potential ideal that caught my attention is the use of something like pure DMT fumarate in continuous liquid form via supersaturation. It's appealing for me to only absorb the single chemical needed for the experience, plus it'd be so strong that only a little bit of vapor would be needed. I've found that PG has a way of really thrashing my lungs for whatever reason. I freely admit I could be way off base though, and it may be the harshest and most horrible vapor I've ever had. I'm just not sure.

I believe someone tried fumerate, apparently worked in PG but not as smooth as citrate.

Im using citrate with 1:3 (80pg20vg) and find it very smooth.

For one hit breakthrough id just use e-mesh personally

I've tried DMT fumarate mixed with PG. I could only get the ratio to 1:7 before recrystalization and the taste was less than ideal. If the experiment I'm planning above turns out to not be great, I'll likely try the citrate tek next. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Last edited:
The supersaturated solution suggests that there is at least one extra component in play, he however talks about it as just being one component (dmt) so I would say that it is not a solution by definition.

Then what could it be, maybe when dmt is heated and cooled very slowly it tends to stay liquid especially when not very clean, so by playing with temperature one could play with the polymorphic qualities of dmt and create a liquid. The problem would be that the dmt would start to crystallize as soon as it is manipulated.

I’m looking forward to seeing the (drums rolling) write up, so please keep us updated.

I'm highly inclined towards scepticism here for exactly this reason - that said, the number of unfinished projects I have doesn't bear thinking about, so I'd cut them some slack if it wasn't for the general scientific implausibility of the idea. Perhaps they've optimised the formation of an oily oligomer or similar.

There's one more possibility that might be worth a try: liquefying a pile of freebase DMT with a drop of ethanol. The miscibility of DMT freebase and ethanol is absurd; I think they form something like a eutectic mixture. It may not have to be pure ethanol, strong vodka could well do the job.

There's one more possibility that might be worth a try: liquefying a pile of DMT with a drop of ethanol. The miscibility of DMT and ethanol is absurd; I think they form something like a eutectic mixture. It may not have to be pure ethanol, strong vodka could well do the job.
Very interesting, I'm guessing you're referring to DMT freebase specifically? You're thinking a drop (or just a very small amount) of ethanol could be enough to keep ~1-2g of DMT in a liquefied state, where it could then be used in a standard vape device meant for e-juice?

Very interesting, I'm guessing you're referring to DMT freebase specifically? You're thinking a drop (or just a very small amount) of ethanol could be enough to keep ~1-2g of DMT in a liquefied state, where it could then be used in a standard vape device meant for e-juice?
Yes, sorry - I should have stated "freebase". Amended.

Experiments would need to be carried out to ascertain a suitable mixing ratio. A disadvantage would be ethanol's tendency to evaporate.

Ethanol is certainly very good at liquifying dmt, before dmt citrate I would use a drop in glycerin to help the dmt dissolve to use it in a vape. It would with time evaporate and the the dmt would start crystallizing. For ratios I would use 1 gram of dmt in 3 ml glycerin and 4 drops of 96%ethanol

Perhaps they meant to say "super cooled" instead of "super saturated"?
I have seen this mod mention super cooling when talking about the technique. Would that make a meaningful difference in the context of creating an ever-liquid form of DMT, or are super cooling and super saturation basically describing the same thing?

My take is that super cooling is when a substance is liquid at a temperature below its freezing point, whereas super saturation is when a solution of a substance in a solvent has more substance dissolved in it than it would normally have at a given temperature. So similar concepts, and practically very similar.

It depends on context really: "supercooled DMT" to me would be dmt that has been melted then cooled below its usual freezing point, and "supercooled DMT solution in PG" would be super saturated because it is cooler than it should be normally.

Pedantic Semantics, maybe, but it shows the need for proper context when communicating these things :)

My take is that super cooling is when a substance is liquid at a temperature below its freezing point, whereas super saturation is when a solution of a substance in a solvent has more substance dissolved in it than it would normally have at a given temperature. So similar concepts, and practically very similar.

It depends on context really: "supercooled DMT" to me would be dmt that has been melted then cooled below its usual freezing point, and "supercooled DMT solution in PG" would be super saturated because it is cooler than it should be normally.

Pedantic Semantics, maybe, but it shows the need for proper context when communicating these things :)
Are you suggesting dmt fb would dissolve better when cold as opposed to when heated?

Back
Top Bottom