• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

DMT self-supersaturation for cart vaping

Here&Now

Established member
I came across an interesting post when searching the DMT subreddit. Their moderator apparently uses a method of supersaturating DMT freebase with itself to keep it in a liquid/goo state and then loads this into a cart for vaping. Since it's put into this particular state, it doesn't recrystalize as it cools to room temperature. This would take PG and VG out of the equation entirely and create a very strong liquid which is in fact entirely composed of the desired substance.

When searching this mod's post history, it seems they've been promising for years to make a post explaining how this can be accomplished. Unfortunately, they still haven't made the post. Does anyone here have experience with creating self-supersatured DMT for vaping? I'm pretty uneducated in chemistry, so I'm not sure how it's done. I'd guess that heat and perhaps cold is involved.

I also wonder if it could be done with the salt versions of DMT, though I realize the melting temperature would be a lot higher, so I'm not sure if that'd change anything for this process.

Clarification: This particular Reddit post is about simply melting DMT freebase in a cart before every use (which is actually an interesting idea itself), but the mod posted in this thread to very loosely explain their supersaturation method.

Last edited:
No, the opposite: it dissolves better when the solvent is heated, so when subsequently cooled it can become super saturated.
Retrograde solubility is fairly rare, and the only examples of it that I can think of come under the umbrella of inorganic chemistry: the most pertinent example to us here being calcium hydroxide in water. I suppose nicotine freebase in water sort falls into this category, but its phase behaviour is rather weird and, besides, that's different in being two liquid phases. Triethylamine, in the same link, is a marginally better example but again, it's a case of two liquid phases rather one of them being a solid.

Back
Top Bottom