• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

DMT vapor extrction?

Migrated topic.

Free_yO!

Rising Star
I would ask if you think there are reasons why this technique should not work.

Sorry for any grammatical errors.

1) Mix MHRB, lime, and a little amount of water, to make a "mush". (MHRB:lime should be evaluated, maybe 1:1)

2)let dry completely

3)place the dry mix in vaporizer:

3a)for vapo like volcano, arizer ecc fill the balloon, place in freezer and wait wait for all the smoke disappears and recrystallized on the walls of the balloon.

4a)recover crystals with IPA/acetone, dry them and go! ;)

3b)for homebuilt vapo it's possible bubble the gas in solvent (acetone/IPA) at freeze temeperature.

4b)evaporate solvent and go! ;)

What I'm not considering?

...mmmm...maybe you can't vaporize all this things in a ballon ? you start from about 50 gr of mhbr and 50 gr of lime ?? and maybe you also vape all the things you don't want in final product ?? but i'm not an expert so, wait another answer...i just figure that it's more easy to do an a/b extraction first ;-) like cyb's one.

I don't know if there are others things than vape at 190/200 °C.

The DMT gas in ballon recrystalize in few minute. When crystalization is completed you can empty the balloon from the air and re-vape DMT. With my arizer Q-extreme I can fill the ballon with 80/100 mg of freebase DMT, maybe more if DMT freebase is in excess.

I like your style haha

But uhm, even if it does work and is efficient, which I don't think it is, not all DMT might vape and some could burn /turn to dmt-oxide etc..

How long would it take to vape and collect 100g of bark? And collect all the condensed vapor? Quite long.. If it doesn't safe time, whats the point?

some one said:
I like your style haha

But uhm, even if it does work and is efficient, which I don't think it is, not all DMT might vape and some could burn /turn to dmt-oxide etc..

How long would it take to vape and collect 100g of bark? And collect all the condensed vapor? Quite long.. If it doesn't safe time, whats the point?

I think 1 day will be necessary to collect 100 g of bark with arizer, but maybe it's possible study a homemade vapo system with heat gun for faster extraction.

With arizer to fill the balloon at max power need 3 minutes (I think max 2 grams MHRB every time), in freezer I think in 5 minutes all dmt would be re-crystalized and to carry out dmt from the balloon it's very easy and fast with acetone.

the advantages (if it worked) would be:

-need just water, lime and acetone
-excelent for little extraction

the disadvantages:

-difficult for medium/big extraction
-need a vapo system

Anyway, SWIM told me that he will try (in a few days) with a little amount of dry MHBR+lime, like a 5/10 grams of MH for see wath happened.

I'll update news about pratice very soon (I hope).

Interesting only problems I can see

Risk of pyrolization of unwanted materials (the bark)
And
The cell wall problem .. However freeze thaw could mitigate this
Plus there's the volume of material to be vapped but like you said heat gun or something modified
We appreciate your tests
Good luck

Dont use acetone on plastic, it will probably melt your bag immediately. Maybe IPA/Ethanol is better, but I'd definitely do some control tests before by soaking those bags and later evapping the solvent and seeing if anything is left behind, I wouldnt want plastic on my final product.

Can you find out what material the plastic is? Then check for chemical compatibility.

Here are some ideas for cleaning products from possible plastic/plasticizer traces

Apart from that, all I can say is: Try it out and let us know! Good luck :)

endlessness said:
Dont use acetone on plastic, it will probably melt your bag immediately. Maybe IPA/Ethanol is better, but I'd definitely do some control tests before by soaking those bags and later evapping the solvent and seeing if anything is left behind, I wouldnt want plastic on my final product.

Can you find out what material the plastic is? Then check for chemical compatibility.

Here are some ideas for cleaning products from possible plastic/plasticizer traces

Apart from that, all I can say is: Try it out and let us know! Good luck :)

Speaking of unsafe materials endlessness, do you think this would count as unsafe? (Assuming it works) using a heat gun to blast the based bark to the correct temp then
Exhausting the fumes thru a copper line (1/2 or .25 inch) which would be immersed in ice/salt/water or something even colder ethonal/whatever mixed with dry ice for cooling
If there was vapor in theory it would ice up on the sides of the tube ? But not sure if safe
Just another thought
Thankful for your expertise & ideas here new /old

Is plastic food grade, but I don't know if is PET. If is PET I can use acetone. I have already carry out deposits due to normal use with acetone and nothing it went wrong.

Anyway I'll use IPA or Alcol for security.

Orbiting said:
Speaking of unsafe materials endlessness, do you think this would count as unsafe? (Assuming it works) using a heat gun to blast the based bark to the correct temp then
Exhausting the fumes thru a copper line (1/2 or .25 inch) which would be immersed in ice/salt/water or something even colder ethonal/whatever mixed with dry ice for cooling
If there was vapor in theory it would ice up on the sides of the tube ? But not sure if safe
Just another thought
Thankful for your expertise & ideas here new /old

In principle it should work, its like a distillation, and the product should condense on the colder material. I dont know in practice what kind of problems you might run into, depending on the set up. How will you control the heat gun so that its just at the right temperature? How will you direct the fumes through the tubing, will there be some sort of vacuum or air pressure being used appart from the heat of the vapour itself?

Im unsure how copper tubing is, if there's any chance of it leaching in the solvent used to retrieve the product or what. Doing an 'empty run' without the plant material on your set up and then evap test to see if anything is leached might be a good idea

If you try it out, let us know how it goes!

Free_yO! said:
Is plastic food grade, but I don't know if is PET. If is PET I can use acetone. I have already carry out deposits due to normal use with acetone and nothing it went wrong.

Anyway I'll use IPA or Alcol for security.

Please dont use acetone with PET, it will most definitely dissolve in acetone, a simple google search will tell you acetone and PET are not compatible. I dont know what you mean with "carry out deposits due to normal use with acetone", no idea how long the acetone was there for, the temperature, and how did you assume "nothing went wrong". Just because you didnt see any damage, it doesnt mean it's not causing damage that simply isnt visible (at least yet). It may dissolve plastic, it may leech plasticizers etc.. Our eyes are not very good mass spectrometers :D

But yes please look into what plastic it is (you can contact manufacturer if you dont find any info), then look up compatiibility with different solvents. Ethanol is probably a safer bet but again, better look up this specific case, solubilities are not always generalizable.

Im personally waiting for eyes-as-mass-spec's to come along 😁

I'll see what I can fashion; the vaccum sucking idea is a good one maybe instead of a heat gun I'll use a glass beaker or stainless steel vessel partially immersed in temp-held oil akin to decarboxation of thc acid

I've never tried this formally, but I did once reclaim 5+ grams of very pure DMT goo by soaking the elbow/bag (used only for enhanced leaf) from my Extreme Q in IPA. The enhanced leaf made with this material was the cleanest tasting stuff to vaporize I have ever produced.

arcologist said:
I've never tried this formally, but I did once reclaim 5+ grams of very pure DMT goo by soaking the elbow/bag (used only for enhanced leaf) from my Extreme Q in IPA. The enhanced leaf made with this material was the cleanest tasting stuff to vaporize I have ever produced.

Question
If you don't mind answering ; how much dmt would you say aprominatly was vaped in said device before you did the wash

I'm just wondering about %of deposit vs total amount vaporized

I dont know what you mean with "carry out deposits due to normal use with acetone", no idea how long the acetone was there for, the temperature, and how did you assume "nothing went wrong".

Sorry, i'm not english and I don't speack english.

I mean what arcologist said (with some chenges):

I reclaim very pure DMT goo by soaking the elbow/bag (used for DMT, hash and cannabis) from my Extreme Q in alcol.
The product was an oil with some cristal, was dissolved in acetone and mixed with tobacco. When was dry was smoked in rolling cigarette by 2 persons and the effect of DMT was very strong.

I was wrong, I'm not using acetone for reclaim dmt+thc I'm using tath just for wash the balloon and have not noticed anything strange, but I understand it means nothing. I never more use acetone, I swear, thank you!

If you don't mind answering ; how much dmt would you say aprominatly was vaped in said device before you did the wash

In my case, I have not weight the product (because was mixed with thc oil) but I think was 40/50 mg of DMT and was vaped around 250/300 mg. It's 15-20 % !!!!!!

Orbiting said:
arcologist said:

Question

It was the residue from about a year of 2x weekly journeys with around 85-90mg of DMT each time. If I had to guess, I would say 5-10% gets left behind in the leaf, and maybe 5% condenses in the bag/tubing. It condenses much more than cannabis vapor does. You could change these numbers a lot by using a long chilled copper condensing tube, I bet you could retrieve most with the right apparatus.

Doing a vapor extraction of cannabis is very difficult and usually done with very expensive equipment, large volumes of cannabis and also usually done after a preliminary extraction by some other technique such as super critical CO2. It does have the advantage that you can separate out different cannabinoids or in this case, tryptamines and undesirable components.

Back
Top Bottom