• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

E-cig method safety - DMT vaporization rate? / Is there a chance I can overshoot?

Migrated topic.

n0thing

Rising Star
Seeking micro-doses throughout the day and have noticed some odd effects of the vaporization rates of the DMT versus the rates of the VG or PG liquid.

So in theory you would think the DMT is so dispersed in the liquid that it would be impossible to vape more DMT than desired. BUT what if vegetable glycerin vaped quicker than it did DMT thereby causing the DMT to build up later on in the tank solution. With me? If not let clarify.

*Hypothetical situation to explain what I mean, not real statistics here*

You begin by putting 100mg in 4ml of Vegetable Glycerin and then the sequence starts:

*100mg dissolved in 4ml of Vegetable Glycerin
*then vapes 1ml*
*90mg dissolved in 3ml of Vegetable Glycerin
*then vapes 1ml*
*80mg dissolved in 2ml of Vegetable Glycerin
*then vapes 1ml*
*70mg dissolved in 1ml of Vegetable Glycerin
*oh ohh, looks like you have 70mg ready to dispersed in 1ml which is very potent*

I felt that my doses were getting significantly heavier the more I cleared through the tank. Would the safest way to reduce the possibility of this happening be to increase the temp up high? Or will that render the same result?

Also I notice PG/VG don't mixed completely which may have caused some tokes to be stronger. I mixed some menthol PG with straight VG about 20/80 and found that sometimes I would get these big hits of menthol sporadically as I vape through the tank. So when I dissolved my DMT in the PG first that could account for my accidental stronger hits.

100Mg/1ml? Isnt that pretty light? You would have to vape approx a third of a ml in one go to get 33mg(in theory), and I can't think of any devices that would do that. When I was trying to figure things out, I mathematically came to 1 gram/2ml. Going by what I was thinking at the time, that seemed to get you into the 2 maybe 3 vapes "breakthrough", I dont know about breakthroughs, but at that concentration you definately "leave".

Ayways, since tinkering around with numbers I'm a little puzzled on how to keep things consistent between drippers and tanks. I'm still brainstorming on how to "standardize" what ends up in your lungs with precision and consistency...it's not like a bowl of herb where you can see that the bowl is completely cashed. Drippers collect overtime, and tanks you just have to assume each build etc is performing exactly the same. It leaves a lot too chance.

Asher7 said:
100Mg/1ml? Isnt that pretty light?

See the first sentence of the original post clearly outlining my intention:

"Seeking micro-doses throughout the day"

And it takes me under 10 inhales to start to feel the most subtle of effects (barley noticeable).

syberdelic said:
If you use straight PG, I don't think this will happen. I have burned through a few tanks in this way and get consistent dosage at 100mg/mL.

Do you think straight VG will be different? I can not for the life of me stand straight PG, I need that extra cloud vapor baby.

n0thing said:
syberdelic said:
If you use straight PG, I don't think this will happen. I have burned through a few tanks in this way and get consistent dosage at 100mg/mL.

Do you think straight VG will be different? I can not for the life of me stand straight PG, I need that extra cloud vapor baby.

There seems to be solubility issues with VG. I really don't know the answer to your question, but I don't think straight VG would be suitable. A 50/50 blend would probably be fine as long as you aren't trying to dissolve too much.

syberdelic said:
n0thing said:
syberdelic said:

There seems to be solubility issues with VG. I really don't know the answer to your question, but I don't think straight VG would be suitable. A 50/50 blend would probably be fine as long as you aren't trying to dissolve too much.

Yeah but remember how much I am dissolving? about 50-100mg in 4ml. Let's say that it didn't dissolve fully, wouldn't the extra crystals floating around cause an unexpected extra dose? From what I remember when I did sample tests DMT did dissolve in to VG, just not anywhere near as much as PG obviously. From what I recall, you can dissolve nearly two grams in 4ml of PG or something. The other problem with 50/50 is what I mention in my OP about how they don't mix perfectly, and I have been getting raw hits of PG. Maybe I should just start with PG straight up first.

n0thing said:
Asher7 said:

And it takes me under 10 inhales to start to feel the most subtle of effects (barley noticeable).
Oops sorry, missed that. I never thought about micro dosing dmt before. Sounds interesting.

Asher7 said:
n0thing said:
Asher7 said:

Oops sorry, missed that. I never thought about micro dosing dmt before. Sounds interesting.

No prob, yeah it seems like a cool idea to give everyday life a very minute new flavor/enhancement. This is particularly so in normal every day scenarios and settings that sometimes are in public (under the covert guise of being an e-cig smoker). As you can see, it is absolutely CRUCIAL that there is prevention from over dosing which is why I thought I would ask if anyone has any info of the vaporizing rates of DMT versus Vegetable Glycerin or whether anyone experienced anything like what I described.

Back
Top Bottom