• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Electronic Device to alter pH?

josboaz

Esteemed member
Hello,

A while ago I read on the old DMT Nexus a post of a woman who shared her method of brewing aya, one of the things she wrote about was that she used an electronic device to alter the pH of the distilled water she used to cook the aya, Does anybody know more about this electronic device? According to GPT this device should be called an 'electrolysis cell.'

I want to know where I can buy (or brand name of) this device.
And I also want to know if I can lower the pH to let's say pH 3.0 and after completing the cooking process I would increase the pH to 7.
Is something like that possible?

Hello,

A while ago I read on the old DMT Nexus a post of a woman who shared her method of brewing aya, one of the things she wrote about was that she used an electronic device to alter the pH of the distilled water she used to cook the aya, Does anybody know more about this electronic device? According to GPT this device should be called an 'electrolysis cell.'

I want to know where I can buy (or brand name of) this device.
And I also want to know if I can lower the pH to let's say pH 3.0 and after completing the cooking process I would increase the pH to 7.
Is something like that possible?
I would suggest you look into electrolysis a bit more for yourself. It is, most simply put, the act of passing a direct current through a conductive solution, called an electrolyte. The choice of materials in the system will have a fundamental influence on the outcome of the process.

Are you sure you're not getting mixed up with measuring the pH of the brew with an electronic pH meter? Electrolysis of aqueous solutions tends to produce acidic conditions at one electrode and alkaline conditions at the other. Depending on the choice of electrode material, particularly the anode, there would be a risk of metal contamination if electrolysis was used directly on a brew.

However, (Kolbe) electrolysis of acetic acid would raise the pH overall by converting the acid into ethane, so it's not completely without merit as an idea.

Back
Top Bottom