• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Exact DMT solubilities g/ml table for Various Non-Polar Solvents

Migrated topic.

dmtalchemy

Rising Star
I'm surprised to see that after searching through the whole site I was not able to find a solubility table for DMT solubility in various non-polar solvents in g/ml format.

10g of DMT freebase was extracted and dried, it is sandy with a yellow tint (pic uploaded). I tried smoking 50mg in a meth pipe but the vapors smelled of burnt plastic and the smoke was very harsh, I managed to hold it in for 10 seconds before exhaling but I didn't feel anything. I probably need to recrystallize this.

This is when I needed to know how much solvent to use to make sure all of the DMT dissolved but not the impurities, if I used less, this means some of the DMT may have not been dissolved and thrown out with the junk that didn't dissolve.

How many grams of DMT freebase is soluble in 1ml of xylene at room temp (20-30'C)? Same question for DCM, MEK, Acetone, Ethanol/Methanol/Isopropanol... I can't find this data anywhere on the site. I need to dissolve 10g of DMT freebase.

Attachments

• dmt.jpg
    dmt.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 0
Do you need to dissolve all the 10g at once? Like mother always said, don't put all your eggs in one basket, what happens if something goes wrong? I doubt you would need smoke more than 1g a week. Not sure about solubility but I know for sure acetone can dissolve a lot of dmt at once, i think the hydrocarbons like naphtha & xylene hold a bit less.

The smell of burnt plastic is a good sign but as to why you didn't feel anything is a mystery. Are you on any medications? Antipsychotics? SSRIs? Are you sure you smoked it properly with the meth pipe?

Your dmt freebase looks fine.

From your description, you are burning the dmt. Search and read about proper smoking technique. Buy a gvg (search the forum).

For recrystallization, you want to use naphtha (nonaromatic saturated hydrocarbons). There is no table of solubilities because naphtha is not a clearly defined substance. There is high, medium and low boiling naphtha, each having different dmt solubilities at different temperatures. All have the same property that at high temperatures, more dmt is soluble than at low temperatures -- just what you need for recrystallization.

Ethanol, acetone, ethyl acetate and toluene, to name some, all are excellent solvents for dmt both at low and high temperature. So no use for recrystallization.

tl;dr: learn to smoke the dmt properly.

Jees said:
10 gr of nothing-wrong-with imho.
The abuse however ...

jiva said:
10g at once?
how much do you consume in a normal week?

Not sure if OP edited the first response since you guys posted but I believe he said he tried smoking 50mg, not the whole 10g. I could be misinterpreting your posts wrong, however, and if so I apologize. Just thought I'd try and clear up some confusion that I thought you had.

OP, it sounds like you burnt it and/or didn't vape all of it. One hit for 10 seconds isn't going to do much. Try holding it in longer (as long as you can) next time and try taking multiple hits if you can :thumb_up:

Any idea what the best temperature is for vaping DMT freebase using an electronic wax vaporiser?

Also, if a mod is reading this, there's an error in the WIKI, please make the necessary correction:

"Ehrlich - Reddish purple - (as acetate on paper) - (26)"

DMT freebase and acid salts turn yellow and then over time to brown when tested with Ehrlich reagent. They DO NOT turn pink//reddish/purple.

You can see the DMT reaction to Ehrlich here: http://verbinding.110110.nl/Table.html

I am yet to try it, but purportedly the best temp for vaporizing DMT is 150C.

This thread makes me want to put on my lab coat and build a solubility chart for DMT. Heptane and Hexane should be fairly straight forward with g/L @ temp. It would also be useful to build one for Naphtha. If enough people were to do this, an upper and lower range could be defined so that we could at least have an idea of what solubility to expect from our favorite hardware store solvent.

syberdelic said:
It would also be useful to build one for Naphtha. If enough people were to do this, an upper and lower range could be defined so that we could at least have an idea of what solubility to expect from our favorite hardware store solvent.

pitubo said:
.. naphtha is not a clearly defined substance. There is high, medium and low boiling naphtha, each having different dmt solubilities at different temperatures.
Nevertheless, I take 20 grams freebase dmt/liter of generic low/medium boiling naphtha as a useful practical estimate.

dmtalchemy said:
Any idea what the best temperature is for vaping DMT freebase using an electronic wax vaporiser?
Please use the forum search engine to find an appropriate thread discussing this. If you find the threads do not fully answer all of your questions, add your question to the most appropriate thread. This thread is not appropriate for this question.

dmtalchemy said:
Why not add to that very thread?!

Topics are related to a particular subject, they are not your personal support anchors.

Back
Top Bottom