• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

FASA DryTek

Migrated topic.

Phlux-

The Root
OG Pioneer
Swim was thinking a bit about the fasa tek again and was wondering if this sounds feasible-

mix mhrb and calcium hydroxide and a lil water as with the other dryteks
pull with acetone - then after separating add fasa to the pull acetone - if there is a problem with the mixed solution not containing enough fumaric acid more fumaric acid can be added - excess shouldn't be a problem because the product is to be freebased anyway.

im sure xylene could be used but i asked this question with acetone because it evaps fast and doesnt stink like xylene.

Just be sure SWIY keeps his acetone bone dry and that he allows more than enough soaking for proper basification. SWIM hypothesizes that using anhydrous magnesium sulfate in the basified material will aid in keeping the acetone dry. Acetone is a pain to filter and decant with such methods, so SWIM highly recommends considering THP for this, though be careful! The material may not allow the acetone to pass so easily, so SWIY may have to "fluff up" the material a bit. Make sure to do plenty of washes before using FASA.

swim is sitting here with everything ready - just wanted some last thoughts before he tries this
acetone or xylene ?
will it work ok ?

well now with dlimo working with fumarates, and its smell, seems like the best thing to use.
swim never had problems with calcium hydroxide - what is the benefit of using water and ly over a drytek ?

something wasnt working for SWIM whenever he would try a drytek with mimosa..it got all goopy and it just wasnt working right for some reason..and SWIM was getting tired of having low yields..he decided to use the tried and true so that he could at least get some decent yields

hrmm - perhaps a side by side drytek and wettek need to be done here -
wet tek with sodium hydroxide - drytek with calcium hydroxide
both pulled with dlimo and fasw'd out
im amped to tell swim that i volunteered him, he has a lil bit of bark for this kinda test - perhaps 30g each side so its fast and small

SWIM was under the impression that fasa did not work, or still had some kinks when working with d-limo. SWIM'd love to salt out of limo using fasa, but he recalls reading reports of the fumaric acid crashing out in the limo before reacting with the freebase. Would love to here some more info on this.

[UPDATE:] Woops, nevermind, just found the new thread on the topic.

SWIM has also had problems with drytek and MHRB and believes that it's due to the material consistency of the bark. SWIM believes that he did not soak the powder for long enough.

Also, next time SWIM does a drytek, he'll be using plaster of paris dry mix (Gypsum, CaSO4). Supposedly this works better than MgSO4 for drying acetone.

Last week I tried a dry tek with acetone and got almost zero yield. It just did not dissolve any DMT from the lime/bark powder (wet Ca(OH)2/bark paste thoroughly dried and ground).
Wet lime tek works better for me so far...
Expecting some labware, limonene and fumaric acid this week, so I'll be very busy :) Ahh, finally a sep funnel!

goin get raped!

52704_hueg3.jpg

52704_hueg3.jpg

52704_hueg3.jpg

52704_hueg3.jpg

52704_hueg3.jpg

52704_hueg3.jpg

52704_hueg3.jpg

52704_hueg3.jpg

52704_hueg3.jpg

52704_hueg3.jpg

52704_hueg3.jpg

52704_hueg3.jpg

tryptographer said:
Last week I tried a dry tek with acetone and got almost zero yield. It just did not dissolve any DMT from the lime/bark powder (wet Ca(OH)2/bark paste thoroughly dried and ground).
Wet lime tek works better for me so far...
Expecting some labware, limonene and fumaric acid this week, so I'll be very busy :) Ahh, finally a sep funnel!

What is the wet lime tek? SWIM didn't think that lime was very soluble in water, is it basically the same process as lye STB, but using lime? Are there any teks written up for this? SWIM would love to make use of sodium carb or calcium hydroxide instead of lye for the basification step, but has not read any successful attempts using anything but lye for this step. SWIM has tried a lime drytek before, but it failed, if there is any more info on the lime wet tek, would love to hear it.

Perhaps Swim hasn't looked hard enough but wouldn't it be possible to use NAOH as the base instead of sodium carbonate in the drytek? Sodium hydroxide is far cheaper for swim to use than the latter? Is PH 11 best too since I always thought it was 12?

Powdered bark + (Water+NAOH) = Paste (PH 11 or 12?)

Allow to dry, then extract with acetone, then add FASA?

Precipitation of DMT fumarate...

Would this work?

Wash crystals with cold water, then evap water to leave cleaner dmt fumarate with less acid.

Thanks

Shaman:d

Acetone and water are miscible.

I did a drytek with sodium carbonate and acetone which when evaporated and recrystalized with naphtha didn't come up with anything, but i could have fucked something up.

Back
Top Bottom