• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

First extraction in the freezer... couple questions

Migrated topic.

Atari

Rising Star
Hello DMT-nexus,

I just finished up my first extractions using Cybs Hybrid ATB Salt Tek. I did 5 pulls total using 3 dishes. The first dish I put one pull in and the second and third I put two pulls each.

The first dish was in the freezer two hours earlier than the 2nd and the 3rd went in an hour after that. I can see a snow globe like effect on the first dish after 3 hours, so it looks like a success! I don't see snow in the other dishes but they haven't been freezing as long and I can't see underneath them like I can the first dish. I don't want to pick up the dishes either since they're not supposed to be disturbed.

My concern is that there is too much naptha in the other two dishes since I put 2 pulls each in them. I did evaporate them for a little while using a fan before putting them in the freezer and it did seem like some of the naptha was reduced, but I'm not sure if it was enough. 2 pulls each would equal 100ml naptha each dish, prior to evaporation.

I'm going to be leaving them in the freezer for about 24 hours. How will I know if there's still too much naptha in the other dishes and what is the remedy? From my research it looks I can pull the trays out, evaporate with fan, and then re-freeze. Would it also be possible to just leave them in the freezer longer?

I'm impatient and ended up pulling the two questionable dishes out. Good news is they both have white/snow in them. One of them is a smaller dish and it looks like it had too much naptha in it, so I'm evaporating that down some more. The other dish looks OK so I popped it back in the freezer. Hopefully I'm doing the right thing.

I haven't used cybs tek but you probably got most of your goodies in the first pull. I would rebase before the next pull, or maybe you had a small amount of starting material to pulling solvent?

Long, slow, patient. That is the key to every successful step. If it says let it set for an hour let it sit three days.

You'd be amazed at what your first pull produces if you let it basify over night, not just an hour or two.

Nope said:
I haven't used cybs tek but you probably got most of your goodies in the first pull. I would rebase before the next pull, or maybe you had a small amount of starting material to pulling solvent?

Long, slow, patient. That is the key to every successful step. If it says let it set for an hour let it sit three days.

You'd be amazed at what your first pull produces if you let it basify over night, not just an hour or two.
I actually have quite a bit of yield in all 3 dishes. I just wasn't sure about the remaining naptha in the dishes with extra pulls in them, but I think it will be fine.

I'm all for modifying the procedure, but this is my first one so I wanted to follow cyb's instructions exactly and it looks like doing that has paid off!

Back
Top Bottom