• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

First extraction results - low yield - Cybs Hybrid ATB 'Salt' Tek

Migrated topic.

mith3

Rising Star
Hi,

This was my first extraction. I used Cybs guide. I made sure not to make any mistakes but at the drying stage I noticed that the dishes did not have as much product as they were supposed to according to the guide, this was the most potent dish:
IMG_6418_zpszudxvaw5.jpg

This was everything I managed to scrape from all 3 dishes:
IMG_6419_zpsd777bq3l.jpg

Im not sure what I did wrong, any suggestions?

How much bark was used? What was the weight of what you yielded?

I think Cyb needs to add a disclaimer at the end of the tek, as well as all the other teks. Saying "don't expect these results", look you probably did everything fine if you followed the tek correctly, Cybs tek is the one I point to for beginners. It's been proven to work time and time again and is easy to follow.

Beginner's have to understand that not all bark produces the same results always, there are variables that affect yield. Time of year it was harvested, supplier's mixing in trunk bark to add to weight, or totally bunk bark, etc.

You take them chances if you're not growing or sourcing your own. I myself have had sub par yields that came from the exact same batch, just comes down to don't expect big yields, be thankful that you got some at all and enjoy it.

But what you have looks absolutely fine being it's your first extraction.
Keep up the good work and stay positive about your yields.

Safe and happy journeys friend :thumb_up:

Peace

Spaced Out 2 said:

I think Cyb needs to add a disclaimer at the end of the tek, as well as all the other teks. Saying "don't expect these results", look you probably did everything fine if you followed the tek correctly, Cybs tek is the one I point to for beginners. It's been proven to work time and time again and is easy to follow.

Beginner's have to understand that not all bark produces the same results always, there are variables that affect yield. Time of year it was harvested, supplier's mixing in trunk bark to add to weight, or totally bunk bark, etc.

Good idea! I have added a disclaimer as things have changed over the years and all bark IS NOT EQUAL!.

Mimosa is still relatively consistent but Acacias vary wildly from 0% -1.2% (ish) 😉

cyb said:
Spaced Out 2 said:

Good idea! I have added a disclaimer as things have changed over the years and all bark IS NOT EQUAL!.

Mimosa is still relatively consistent but Acacias vary wildly from 0% -1.2% (ish) 😉

Not saying your wrong but I yielded 1.6g with 50g bark that's a tad more than 1.2% cyb ;) using your tek tho so you made it happen broski

No one didn't say there weren't exceptions, but as for the general rule of thumb, cyb's spot on, especially with acacia.

Just a lot of new members asking what they did wrong and why they didn't get much, expect lower yields with acacia as well as more goo that does account for overall total weight. :)

As above, if you can give us some idea of how much root bark was used and what the weight of the end product is, we'll be able to give you some idea of if that's in the normal range.

That dish also looks very large if you're only using small quantities.

PhatShots said:
cyb said:
Spaced Out 2 said:

Not saying your wrong but I yielded 1.6g with 50g bark that's a tad more than 1.2% cyb ;) using your tek tho so you made it happen broski
Not to speak for anyone, but I'm pretty sure that's the -ish:wink: part!

And yes, OP, relax, you did nothing wrong most likely-the others are correct. You didn't get a 0% yield, nor a 1.2(ish)% one, but you yielded something. :thumb_up:

And please, how much raw bark WAS used?

PhatShots said:
cyb said:
Spaced Out 2 said:

Looks like he got 1.6g from 50g of bark (although I'm still unclear if it is ACRB or MHRB although he referenced the 1.2% so I'm assuming ACRB...?). If that is the case, that is a great yield.

Phatshots said he got 1.6g, Mith3 is the one concerned about their yield being low. But Mith3 still hasn't replied as to exactly what that yield weighed or how much bark was used. I will just wait and see.:)

Spaced Out 2 said:
Phatshots said he got 1.6g, Mith3 is the one concerned about their yield being low. But Mith3 still hasn't replied as to exactly what that yield weighed or how much bark was used. I will just wait and see.:)

oh gosh, silly me...ignore above comments! I wasn't paying close attention...

:lol:

Ya I'm the one with the 1.6 yield, and 1.4 my first run. that's after re-x its pretty decent looking for acacia all powder no goo, although still got a decent tone of yellow. And OP like they said you probably didn't do anything wrong it was probably just low quality bark!

PhatShots said:
Ya I'm the one with the 1.6 yield, and 1.4 my first run. that's after re-x its pretty decent looking for acacia all powder no goo, although still got a decent tone of yellow. And OP like they said you probably didn't do anything wrong it was probably just low quality bark!

:d

Yeah, I see that now! I'm not feeling 100% today (caught a nasty head cold) and for some reason thought this was your post... But anywho, congrats on the yield! Onwards and upwards, folks!

:)

The Grateful One said:
PhatShots said:

:d

Yeah, I see that now! I'm not feeling 100% today (caught a nasty head cold) and for some reason thought this was your post... But anywho, congrats on the yield! Onwards and upwards, folks!

:)

I know them head colds suck, maybe that season is about over with, and hope you get to feeling better Tgo:)

Back
Top Bottom