• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Found 2+ yr old bark + lye soup

Ticxel

Rising Star
Hello, I'm new here. Just wanted to get some thoughts on an old mix I have. I'm not sure exactly how long it's been under my sink forgotten, years for sure. Back then had some mhrb bark lye mixture and realized I had very little naptha. So I decided to pour the soup into the naprha can and stashed it until I had some more, then promptly forgot all about it.
My questions are this: do you think it will yield anything after all this time? Will it yield more possibly because it's been in the lye for so long? And finally, can I use kerosene to finish the extraction in lieu of naptha and if so, are there any extra things I need to do or is it the same process? Thanks in advance, appreciate all you do here.

Thanks for the super fast reply! Ok I understand but I don't have the means to pick up anything else currently. So the kerosene is a definite no-go or just not as good as the ones mentioned? Because if it will just ruin it I will just put the soup back where I found it, but if it might work I would like to try. What do you think? I know, you pretty much already said what you think. I just want to see if it was just a suggestion or a definite no to the kerosene.

Kerosene will dissolve DMT well enough, but the issue is that it will almost certainly leave poorly-evaporating residues meaning you'd need to clean up your initial product using a fully volatile solvent (i.e. one which evaporates completely).

Perform an evaporation test on the kerosene to see how cleanly it evaporates. If it leaves no residue at all after a room-temperature evaporation, you could consider using it. Otherwise, it really is better to avoid introducing unnecessary contamination into your extraction process.

Kerosene will dissolve DMT well enough, but the issue is that it will almost certainly leave poorly-evaporating residues meaning you'd need to clean up your initial product using a fully volatile solvent (i.e. one which evaporates completely).

Perform an evaporation test on the kerosene to see how cleanly it evaporates. If it leaves no residue at all after a room-temperature evaporation, you could consider using it. Otherwise, it really is better to avoid introducing unnecessary contamination into your extraction process.
Ok that sounds like a good plan. I'm going to check it out (Evap test) just to see what I'm working with but I'm not going to extract with it. I asked a friend if I can borrow a cup of naptha so he's coming over later. Thanks for the straightforward advice.

Back
Top Bottom