• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

god, satan, and the DMT bridge.

Migrated topic.

mugwump77

Rising Star
after one of my breakthroughs my head meats vaguely recalled something i had read years ago that quite nicely described the experience. after days of digging through archives i finally found it, and decided to share the particular excerpt in mind.

So, I began to realize that Lucifer is this creature who, having received an infinite revelation, believed he was God. So that's the first sin of pride. It's also a moment at which the first transsubstantiation occurs. And he becomes Satan, which is like... This was a flash, an instant. He becomes a humanoid, but he has an infinite number of physical senses, each of which are as different as eyes are from your ears. If you can imagine, we only have five or six senses, and we have trouble even distinguishing those when people are in synaesthesia. So he goes through all the seven deadly sins, right down the list, finally to wrath. He's lusting after knowledge in this way, and so he sees the universe as a non-supernatural example of cosmic art. Now, we know this is what Lovecraft was into. Because he kept talking about how he wasn't interested in religion. In a heaven state there is no religion, meaning that you're seeing the whole thing ... I mean, to worship something means that it's something beyond you, right? In other words, it's not being revealed to you.

So here was the situation. For years Lovecraft was defined as an atheist. Well, he wasn't saying anything about what he really was at all. He wasn't even an agnostic. That's exactly what the situation is, in other words, when you enter an eternal realm. You've got to know there is no religion. So it's literally a non-supernatural state of cosmic art. This is what this creature experiences, who then becomes Satan, and the moment he becomes Satan he's pulled back into eternity. He loses instantly, loses all these senses. And as it's happening he's going right down to wrath. And so what he's doing is, he's putting on a show that he isn't suffering.

-paul laffoley interviewed by paranoia magazine

link to entire article/interview: http://www.paranoiamagazine.com/mephiticmodels.html

so, aside from the very interesting connection with satan, i recognized the spice as a sort of extra-sensory overload. the panning back felt when moving through the physical membrane at liftoff seems so close to laffoley's eternal realm. the psychedelic experience is the mind making connections that normally aren't made, yes, we know this. however, it is commonly seen by scientists, biologists, etc... as a mixing up of sensory experience.

as for myself, i think it is more than just confusion, it is actually experiencing more senses, and the mind attempting at processing such a daunting task. this is probably where "visions" of god, and ethereal planes come from, because it isn't quite visions. it's a new sense, one which gets processed as vision, because it is what our brain is typically hardwired to understand.

so, do i believe there is something out there? yes. is it god, or a spirit realm, a place where green elves make machines? doubtful. if you put me in a room blindfolded and a stuffed animal is in the room, it exists, even if i do not see it, and there are probably things whizzing around living as they are but not percevied simply because they are not measurable by our 5 senses. so yes. it's there, and yes it is trying to interact. i think this is why people so often "hear" entities speak of how rarely they get to see us. of course they don't actually hear it, they experience a completely different sense the mind associates with hearing.

we are not travelers so much, in my opinion, as awakeners. we are pushing our feelers deeper into a world which has always existed. when one breaksthrough, he/she doesn not breakthrough to a different place, but break through their own body, and recognize a world outside of what they know.

it's awareness.

that was my ramble. thoughts?

I often think that as the beings that we are we've got a built in type, and level of awareness or consciousness. Like animals can see or sense different phenomonon than we can. Our brains maintain levels of chemicals and things in a type of homeostasis to maintain that awareness. At the level or state that we're in things we call extra-diminsionality or spirituality exists at the fringes or boundries of our awareness. It's like our minds are at a level of advancement that we're getting tickled by those frontiers of awareness, but we don't have the sufficient consciessness to quantify them and fully observe them. Now when you alter your mind with a substance that seems to be integral in it's function at certain minute levels...

Spock's Brain said:
I often think that as the beings that we are we've got a built in type, and level of awareness or consciousness. Like animals can see or sense different phenomonon than we can. Our brains maintain levels of chemicals and things in a type of homeostasis to maintain that awareness. At the level or state that we're in things we call extra-diminsionality or spirituality exists at the fringes or boundries of our awareness. It's like our minds are at a level of advancement that we're getting tickled by those frontiers of awareness, but we don't have the sufficient consciessness to quantify them and fully observe them. Now when you alter your mind with a substance that seems to be integral in it's function at certain minute levels...

Good point, your ideas resonate with me.

Spock's Brain said:

i would have to agree with that. and if you think of evolution as tiny steps toward greater awareness, well, there ya have it. i don't know if the mckenna model of phychedelics rings true enough to consider legitimate, but i would imagine certain changes within brain chemistry are most definitely reasonable steps to consider as evolution.

baby steps to the big awakening. at one point no living organism could see, hear, etc... and through painstakingly slow processes of trial-and-error animal life on this planet have managed to aquire 5 entire senses which can be processed simulateously. what a feat, and lets face it, we are in a very young universe considering the whole of time. we've got a lot more to do. butu somewhere inside us we have baby steps already in progress, it just takes a terribly long time (in our perspective) to see notable results; results measured by our 5 limited senses (no wonder we can't notice the small changes).

so, in my opinion, to think that DMT can stir those little dendrites to process more of that information trying to get through is hardly a leap. could it be a sneak peak of what's to come? a little idea of the homo-sapien's next relative? i think yes. the difference between our species and others is the heavy use of the brain (comparitively). other branches of the kingdom have neato teeth and can burrow, but humans need to manipulate their surroundings to survive and stay on top. so the brain is going to be a big focus in human development one would think, since claws are hardly useful for survival or increased propogation.

tick-tock, the end is near, humans will be gone before you know it, and replaced by something more advanced: an evolution of itself.

mugwump77 said:
i would have to agree with that.

we are in a very young universe considering the whole of time. we've got a lot more to do.

so, in my opinion, to think that DMT can stir those little dendrites to process more of that information trying to get through is hardly a leap. could it be a sneak peak of what's to come? a little idea of the homo-sapien's next relative? i think yes. the difference between our species and others is the heavy use of the brain (comparitively).

tick-tock, the end is near, humans will be gone before you know it, and replaced by something more advanced: an evolution of itself.

I think the DMT trance is currently a convalusion. It's rewiring the delicate brain chemistry to produce effects that generate an enhanced awareness. But, although the brain is geared to have the capability of that awareness, for reasons of current biological neural wiring, or more ineffible "spiritual" reasons of our current state of awareness, it cannot but meagerly attain it. So that sudden thrust into higher levels is a "what the hell was that all about experience," that you can't easily integrate or function in.

If you think about it, what if humans obtained a state of awareness and existence within of "the whole of time," as you say- all at once, or something comparable. It could be a step in our evolution that's not prompted by the slow moving gears of biological evolution. It could be a technological leap forward, if technology continues to develop exponentially. Look up "technological singularity." Or, it could be something inevitabely natural, spiritual, (or plant induced?) :) like what happens in that book, "Childhoods end."

Perhaps the reason we don't detect other lifeforms in the galaxy is because when they reach a certain level of development they immediately "transcend reality" in every way that we could comprehend. They are no longer "here."

(perhaps the universe is a machine for creating gods per-se... that are birthed from it's consciousness forming mechanisms)

Spock's Brain said:
Perhaps the reason we don't detect other lifeforms in the galaxy is because when they reach a certain level of development they immediately "transcend reality" in every way that we could comprehend. They are no longer "here."

(perhaps the universe is a machine for creating gods per-se... that are birthed from it's consciousness forming mechanisms)

There is material out there that answers these very questions. Whether it is true or not is a matter of debate. But if you are seeking, there are answers out there to these questions. Detemine what resonates with you and what doesn't, keep some, discard others.

Seek your own truth and you shall find it.

I liked Kurzweil's "The Singularity is Near" provides and interesting hypothesis as to the nature of humanity as technology reaches that singularity.

Back
Top Bottom