• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Gvg with interior ceramic, need help on torch placement

Migrated topic.

Gojoe

Rising Star
When I first started I was breaking through 100% for more times than I can count. Original setup was gvg, with liquid pad and a bic lighter. Started to get degrading results so upgraded to a second ceramic filter with pre melted and a torch. I'm still having trouble breaking through now, maybe 1/10 and wasting a lot of product.

My question is about torch flame placement. I've read a bunch of posts but they are all unclear. "Flame a few cm from glass". Meaning what, across the top of the opening? Pointing into it? I can clear the dmt if I blast the inner side of the glass chamber right above the ceramic filter, lots of vapor. But am I overheating the dmt this way this deactivating it? Or is this an ok approach?

Hmm i had a LOT of problems with my GVG when i bought it first. After all happened my scale was broken and i was just puting not enought product. Before also had to replace my ceramic filter as it was also broken (little hole on the side of it).
After fixing everything i smoke all the stuff in one go without any issues. Even all this technique about holding ligther at certain height does not really apply. I just heat shit ton of it until the ceramic filter becomes red (during this i slowly inhale at 5% strenght) and then take the lighter just a little further and keep inhaling at lets say 15%. i start this when i see smoke cumulating.

- never touch glass, only ceramic filter
- you can prehit ceramic filter before putting it into the gvg (gloves)
- you can premelt product into wool before putting filter (not to much heat so it wont start smoking)

So, I can get pretty good rips, way better than before purchasing a second ceramic filter and torch, but overheating isn't a concern? It won't deactivate the dmt? I get way more vapor than I did with the liquid pad and multiple pulls. Just not breaking through as much. I might be building a tolerance.

I doubt the tolerance, don't think its possible. I use the concentrate pad under the Ceramic filter and Like swimer, I point the torch at the filter, NOT the glass, the only difference I suppose would be that only the center of my ceramic filter get red and only slightly, I move the torch to ensure it.

Single pull, if you are not completing you are doing something wrong possibly including small lung capacity.

I do not pre-melt or pre-heat.

Two ceramic filters???? Also GVG sells a concentrate pad not a liquid pad, volcano sells a liquid pad

Back
Top Bottom