Hello There,
I recently had read a few posts of members here, that they roasted there Harmala seeds as a way to convert the taste of the seeds, which helps enormously!
Now I have a question about the color of the roasted seeds. Is there a specific color that the seeds should have? Because right now I have roasted the seeds a couple of times and I noticed different colors depending on the duration, that I had the pan on the stove.
To a somewhat more darker brownish color to a color that is close to black.
I had read that the smell should be ¨nice¨ but it should not smelled as burned.
The smell of the more blackish looking seeds did not smelled burned per se. Would you Harmala-Roasting-Experts out here say that a any color resembling black is a no-no.
I know consuming burned substance's can increase the likely hood of developing cancer.
So I would like to know what the color of the roasted seeds should look like.
I recently had read a few posts of members here, that they roasted there Harmala seeds as a way to convert the taste of the seeds, which helps enormously!
Now I have a question about the color of the roasted seeds. Is there a specific color that the seeds should have? Because right now I have roasted the seeds a couple of times and I noticed different colors depending on the duration, that I had the pan on the stove.
To a somewhat more darker brownish color to a color that is close to black.
I had read that the smell should be ¨nice¨ but it should not smelled as burned.
The smell of the more blackish looking seeds did not smelled burned per se. Would you Harmala-Roasting-Experts out here say that a any color resembling black is a no-no.
I know consuming burned substance's can increase the likely hood of developing cancer.
So I would like to know what the color of the roasted seeds should look like.
