• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

has this happen to anyone…it’s like a disguise after 2 cup cycle water wash

dextopia

its a good day for chemistry
looked nothing like fluffy white clouds. first 2 pictures looks like there isn’t anything my buddy has pulled he did warm 2 cup water wash then freeze precip and fan evap. 1st 2 picture looks like nothing(2 different pulls 2 different 50g X) then second 2 held to light you can see the spice. 3rd set of photos is the final product. just wondering if this seems fine……. usually my buddy is pulling and evaporatin getting fluffy clouds like this last photo. thank you travelers. 🧳

IMG_3037.jpegIMG_3049.jpeg
IMG_3038.jpegIMG_3050.jpegIMG_3053.jpeg

Attachments

• att.0TKLT2zDk1Rvq72jc_RS6In7H48S3_GZrRhqoAIzSes.mp4
    10 MB
  • IMG_3039.jpeg
    IMG_3039.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3051.jpeg
    IMG_3051.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3050.jpeg
    IMG_3050.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
Could be insufficient base, insufficient time for reacting (especially if using shredded bark), too low pulling temperature, or low quality plant material. Have any variables changed from previous, successful pulls? Is the exact same solvent, lye, etc, being used?

Hmm.. hard to say why it turned out like that in the dish, although I’ve had similar things happen with Australian Naptha (shellite) which seems to have changed somewhat undesirably over the past decade.

Scraped up it looks pretty good though? You could try recrystalizing what you’ve scraped up in a small amount of warm naptha and very slowly drop the temperature.. this can achieve nicer crystals than straight in the freezer. I like precipitating over a couple days in the fridge. Or if the weather is cold just leaving it out.. is this from the same batch of plant material?

Your first pics it’s very difficult to really see much detail..

@Transform would I be correct in assuming that the balance of hydrocarbons in naptha is subject to change with some brands?

Naptha in Australia used to crystalize beautifully.. now it leaves strange water droplets and the crystals that do precipitate tend to melt.

@acacian - that's entirely possible. It seems that various places they've played around with naphtha over the years, like in the UK in the past few years I've seen this "environmentally friendly" naphtha substitute that's a tiny bit of naphtha dissolved in a lot of water with some nonionic surfactant (detergent). It would also be possible to dissolve water into naphtha this way.

@acacian - that's entirely possible. It seems that various places they've played around with naphtha over the years, like in the UK in the past few years I've seen this "environmentally friendly" naphtha substitute that's a tiny bit of naphtha dissolved in a lot of water with some nonionic surfactant (detergent). It would also be possible to dissolve water into naphtha this way.
Do you mean that the nonionic surfactant allows the naptha to absorb moisture?

Could be insufficient base, insufficient time for reacting (especially if using shredded bark), too low pulling temperature, or low quality plant material. Have any variables changed from previous, successful pulls? Is the exact same solvent, lye, etc, being used?
the picture with the fluffy white clouds same bark different tek so maybe my buddy knows which tek to stick with. it’s all the same bark source from day one. you got it right there those two first pullers there from two different 50 g pulls is heptane then my buddy threw some naphtha in and the second pull is the photo of the same sourced bark different solvent. i wanted to try the hype everyone’s saying heptanes better. my opinion not for me my KS vmp on point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom