• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Hello friends and future extraction colleagues!

Migrated topic.

ELF00LI0

Seer of Visions
First off, I am extremely grateful for being admitted onto this site, there is so much information that has been very useful to me in my extraction efforts. I cannot wait to become an active member of this site to help contribute with future research and post my findings in the extraction process. Just like with a true blast off in the dmt experience, my time will come to become an active member. Until then, I will contribute in any other way possible.

I have somewhat successfully completed a few extractions thus far (all were done with acrb btw), my first extraction went great and after freeze precipitating for 18+ hours I pulled out my dish to see a lot of dmt floating in the solution. I was very excited seeing as it looked like a very good yield for my first time extracting. After pouring off the naphtha into a jar to save for future pulls, I dried the dish in front of a fan for an hour or so. What I ended up with was the dreaded goo that I have since learned a lot about.

So I did some research and decided to try another attempt at extracting but this time I was going to try a mini a/b after I performed 5 pulls from my original solution. This time I ended up with 0% yield which puzzled me but I chalked it up to somehow messing up during the mini a/b. After this I did further research and have come across some opinions on the warm naphtha possibly drawing out unwanted plant alkaloids or fats into the solution. I have enough left for one more extraction so I think with this one I am going to try and leave the acidified solution in a warm water bath for a longer amount of time (2-3 hours instead of 1-2), then during the basification stage I am going to leave that to cool to room temperature for a few hours and then do my naphtha pulls but with room temperature naphtha. Im also going to try to evaporate and concentrate the solution before freezing as I haven't tried that yet with any of my extractions. I found a REMOVED mhrb so I will be REMOVED a small amount to test the quality of the bark before REMOVED to further test my extraction methods and see if it was the acrb that produced the goo or if its my extraction method.

I just figured I'd give a background to my experience with extractions, not necessarily looking for answers to my problems with extracting at the moment because I enjoy the challenge of figuring out what I am doing wrong or how to improve or alter the outcomes of my extractions. I absolutely have fallen in love with the process, it provides me with a great challenge and desire to finally get it down right and then toy with certain aspects of it to test if I can get higher yields and such. I am currently studying environmental science as my major in college so I very much enjoy the scientific process and approach that goes into extracting, I think that's why I am so drawn to it. Anyways, I cannot wait to help contribute to this amazing site, I feel very blessed to just be able to type this introduction thread.

Peace and love guys and gals :)

Hello, welcome to the Nexus!

Before we go any further, this is a friendly reminder to please have a look through the ATTITUDE Page in regards to sourcing. See here for even more info:

Bye bye MHRB sourcing talk, we will remember you

Other than that, the process of becoming a full member can be sped up by completing the questionnaire, engaging in threads in the forum or in chat, and contributing in general such as trip reports, substance or plant analysis, grow logs, extraction logs, art, music etc etc. Anyway, welcome once again and enjoy the forum!

PEACE

Edit: BTW, goo is not a bad thing. DMT can take several forms and colors:

..Enough GOO questions! read this..

ACRB has a high percentage of NMT and β-Carbolines (sometimes as high as 50%) which can prevent the DMT from crystallizing. If performed correctly, the mini a/b removes most, if not all, of the NMT and other fats/oils allowing relatively pure DMT crystals to form. Of course, even when everything is done correctly, some bark have low alkaloid profiles and yield very little.

The Grateful One said:
Hello, welcome to the Nexus!

Before we go any further, this is a friendly reminder to please have a look through the ATTITUDE Page in regards to sourcing. See here for even more info:

Bye bye MHRB sourcing talk, we will remember you

Other than that, the process of becoming a full member can be sped up by completing the questionnaire, engaging in threads in the forum or in chat, and contributing in general such as trip reports, substance or plant analysis, grow logs, extraction logs, art, music etc etc. Anyway, welcome once again and enjoy the forum!

PEACE

Edit: BTW, goo is not a bad thing. DMT can take several forms and colors:

..Enough GOO questions! read this..

ACRB has a high percentage of NMT and β-Carbolines (sometimes as high as 50%) which can prevent the DMT from crystallizing. If performed correctly, the mini a/b removes most, if not all, of the NMT and other fats/oils allowing relatively pure DMT crystals to form. Of course, even when everything is done correctly, some bark have low alkaloid profiles and yield very little.

Already completed the questionnaire, and I plan on contributing more when I have some time to further browse the site.

I'll give that thread a read, thank you! I have tried some of the goo and can agree with you that it is definitely not a bad thing :thumb_up:

My mini a/b didn't yield anything so I'm unsure if I messed something up or not even though I did follow the tek to a T, however it did not turn a milky white color like the tek said it would, instead it had a milky tint. I'm going to try and source a different bottle with a longer neck for ease of pulling and might try another mini a/b on my last extraction with this acrb.

Yeah goo isn't bad, just infuse some herbs and you're good to go.

Definitely pre-evap before freezing. And if you get 0 yield from freezing, then evap it further and try freezing when its just a bit left, or evap all the way if you want and then proceed to re-x if desired.

Be sure to check the FAQ :)

Welcome to the Nexus! :)

endlessness said:
Yeah goo isn't bad, just infuse some herbs and you're good to go.

Definitely pre-evap before freezing. And if you get 0 yield from freezing, then evap it further and try freezing when its just a bit left, or evap all the way if you want and then proceed to re-x if desired.

Be sure to check the FAQ :)

Welcome to the Nexus! :)

Thank you, glad to be here! I'm preparing for a final extract with the last 50g of acrb that I have left, I'm currently making a list of changes I want to try to my process and comparing what has worked so far and what hasn't. I'm thinking of making a thread for possible suggestions on what to try differently but most likely will not as I'm fairly good at doing research on my own, however if I have questions I cannot find the answer to I will most definitely ask the forum.

Welcome and awesome post. I love reading details of others experiences in any regard, so please keep them coming. I have yet to perform an extraction (I'm kind of a perfectionist so I desire a great deal more info than I already have), so I love vicariously doing it through posts like yours until my time comes. :)
One love

Voidmatrix said:
Welcome and awesome post. I love reading details of others experiences in any regard, so please keep them coming. I have yet to perform an extraction (I'm kind of a perfectionist so I desire a great deal more info than I already have), so I love vicariously doing it through posts like yours until my time comes. :)
One love

I totally feel it, I am the same way. I must have read every extraction tek a few times on this site before even trying to do it myself. It really wasn't until actually doing it multiple times that it started to click for me, guess I learn by doing.

ELF00LI0 said:
Voidmatrix said:
One love

I totally feel it, I am the same way. I must have read every extraction tek a few times on this site before even trying to do it myself. It really wasn't until actually doing it multiple times that it started to click for me, guess I learn by doing.

I know how that is, some things I learn by doing, some by reading a developing a plan before attempting, sometimes intuitively, and sometimes a mix of the three! ha. Way to go cleaning up your post too:thumb_up:

Voidmatrix said:
I know how that is, some things I learn by doing, some by reading a developing a plan before attempting, sometimes intuitively, and sometimes a mix of the three! ha. Way to go cleaning up your post too:thumb_up:

Interesting, one of the mods must of done that because I didn't do it...seems they've removed parts regarding sourcing.

To the mods: my apologies, I thought I was abiding by the rules in not naming sources or trying to start any discussion about sourcing. I was simply trying to give some background information at my attempts and my future plan for extracting using a different species of bark.

Back
Top Bottom