• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Hello from a moderately-experienced psychonaut.

Migrated topic.

DMT-Boz

Rising Star
Hello fellow travelers! I'v been skimming these forums for a while now and thought it time to actually become a member and formerly introduce myself!

I've only done DMT a few times, and have never even come close to breaking through (I was most likely burning the ever-long SHIT out of it). I have done acid 10-15 times (or what was sold as acid, I test my shit now), MDMA on a handful of occasions, mescaline once, and salvia maybe 20-30 times. I've done mushies 5-10 times, but generally don't have great experiences with them (it's very unfortunate).

I'd really like to learn more about DMT and the science behind it before going further down the rabbit hole.

I love this place because it's an absolute WEALTH of knowledge on the subject.

Anyway, peace and love!

Welcome to the Nexus!

Be sure to have a look through the ATTITUDE Page, FAQ, and the WIKI to gain an understanding of how the site works and to begin your research with DMT. As you said, there is a wealth of information here and those are good places to start! Have a good one!

PEACE

Welcome to the Nexus :)

Definitely do check the links posted by The Grateful One !

I highly suggest a vaporizing method instead of smokign DMT, like the GVG or making a Green Buddha vape pipe.

See you around!

I think "smoking" and "vaping" can be used interchangeably in this situation.

When smoking DMT free-base "sandwiched" in cannabis plant matter, you do not just "kiss" the bowl with the lighter's flame, nor do you just "fry it", you keep the lighter a few centimeters from the top layer of plant matter (the same distance that the lighter would be held under an "oil burner" pipe (a glass sphere with a hole in the top connected to a glass cylindrical tube) ) the heat from the flame keeps the contents of the bowl at vaporization temperature, with out the flame ever touching the bowl...the reason for this is that the DMT must vaporize, just like it does in an "oil burner pipe" if you just touched the contents of the bowl of the pipe with the flame and then pulled it away, the DMT would re-solidify and would quit producing vapour...

It's a technique you must gain practice with, but as the DMT freebase becomes a liquid and absorbs into the plant matter, the heat from the lighter which is held lit causes vaporization of the DMT.

Technically, are you not always vaporizing DMT?

I know my technique sounds awful, and most have issues pulling it off, but I honestly enjoy consuming DMT in this manner, however, I still see it as "vaporizing" the DMT...

-eg

Yes EG, definitely there's some vaporization going on in smoking methods but there is a world of difference to when there's only vaporization and no combustion. As you are well aware, combustion leads to several unwanted by-products which are at the very least irritating to the throat and lungs.. Also the breakdown of DMT with combustion means at least some is being wasted, so while I definitely trust your method and many others work somehow, i'd be willing to bet if you tried a proper convection-based vaporization method, you'd find you need significantly less to get the same effects, and it would be way smoother on the lungs :)

DMT-Boz said:
Hello fellow travelers! I'v been skimming these forums for a while now and thought it time to actually become a member and formerly introduce myself!

I've only done DMT a few times, and have never even come close to breaking through (I was most likely burning the ever-long SHIT out of it). I have done acid 10-15 times (or what was sold as acid, I test my shit now), MDMA on a handful of occasions, mescaline once, and salvia maybe 20-30 times. I've done mushies 5-10 times, but generally don't have great experiences with them (it's very unfortunate).

I'd really like to learn more about DMT and the science behind it before going further down the rabbit hole.

I love this place because it's an absolute WEALTH of knowledge on the subject.

Anyway, peace and love!

Just be careful going down the rabbit hole, it will change you for better or for worse. I need to ask, what is your goal taking these substances just curious.

endlessness said:
Yes EG, definitely there's some vaporization going on in smoking methods but there is a world of difference to when there's only vaporization and no combustion. As you are well aware, combustion leads to several unwanted by-products which are at the very least irritating to the throat and lungs.. Also the breakdown of DMT with combustion means at least some is being wasted, so while I definitely trust your method and many others work somehow, i'd be willing to bet if you tried a proper convection-based vaporization method, you'd find you need significantly less to get the same effects, and it would be way smoother on the lungs :)

You are 100% correct.

I have used vaporization techniques, and I agree, they are far more efficient, requiring far lower quantities of DMT, and they do appear to produce a much smoother and less irritating inhalation.

I was guessing that the combustion in my method was at a minimum due to some crafty lighter techniques...and that in most cases combustion was at a minimum, but yes, I can understand what you are saying now.

I tend to use the terms interchangeably, but I can understand the distinction.

-eg

Back
Top Bottom