• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Hot Naptha?? Hot = Bing, Too Hot = Bang, Whats too hot?

Migrated topic.

EZ4U2Shoot

Rising Star
Allow, noob here... Swim wants to dabble in alchemy and has been reading asmap about elf spice. Shant be too long before Swim tries to fly out of the nest and brew some magick of Swim's own but before Swim does this Swim wants to learn asmap. So one of the things Swim needs to know is what precisely is ment by "Hot Naptha". Swim doesn't want to blow up and I don't want Swim to blow me up. What is the best method of heating the naptha? Just how warm can it get before it becomes dangerous? Oh, of course, it's already dangerous! NO SMOKING!!!

i boil the kettle and fill a big pyrex jar full of water and then add the jarred naptha... if theres dmt crystal in the naptha bath it doesnt take long before it dissolves into the solution... have a great xmas.

[quote:a6b9f7ab21="harold"]i boil the kettle and fill a big pyrex jar full of water and then add the jarred naptha... if theres dmt crystal in the naptha bath it doesnt take long before it dissolves into the solution... have a great xmas.[/quote:a6b9f7ab21] "boil the kettle"??? Is this kettle full of naptha? Goodness forbid it be a gas stove. I'm assuming an electric hot plate perhaps, or a crock pot maybe. But the concern is how much heat is needed? It seems that a crock pot might get warm enough on low to boil naptha but I don't know for sure. Specific descriptions appreciated. Remember, noob here :) Has anyone had any 'accidents' doing this? Just how cautious should one be? Asside from common sence the obvious is no open flames and do it in a well ventalated area.

well i have an amount of naptha in a jar sealed with a lid so none can spill out and to stop any water from getting in... i then boil the kettle, which is no where near the naptha... i fill up a pyrex jar half full of freshly boiled water... i then add the naptha in the sealed jar into the warm water bath... the naptha should be nice and warm after 10 minutes or so... :) remember the jar is sealed and the kettle im using is the plug in type not on a stove... avoid naked flames like the plague, naptha is highly flammable.

It's sometimes called a hot "water bath". Get a cooking thermometer to measure 50 - 100 deg C to make a hot water bath. You just put your jar of [Basified + naphtha] into this, to warm up to 50 - 60 deg C. Fill a pot with screaming hot water from the tap, and put on an electric stove set at 1 or 2 on the dial, where 10 is max. Measure temp to be sure it's at least 55deg C which is hot enough to dissolve all dmt. Boiling hot naphtha is an exaggeration, and it evaporates much quicker when warmed more than 55 Deg C. But unless you are trying to recrystalize dmt, why heat the naphtha ..? What tek calls for hot naphtha..?!~ .. I feel that hot naphtha picks up more lye than cool naphtha (20 deg C), as well as all other impurities. I would think it's too risky and hot naphtha yeilds not much more quantity. Really - why are people heating up naphtha..? I speak from swim's experience who made bad quality, lye-contaminated dmt once, this way... The temperature of the non polar solvent is critical to it being selective towards just dmt. For example, any heated NP solvent will pull much more stuff from basified MHRB than 'cool' NP solvent. I say in any extraction, follow the proven protocol including the indicated temps. Naphtha at room temp is already very selective for dmt, and swim get's no more after just 2 pulls of basified MHRB.

EZ4U2Shoot said:
Allow, noob here... Swim wants to dabble in alchemy and has been reading asmap about elf spice. Shant be too long before Swim tries to fly out of the nest and brew some magick of Swim's own but before Swim does this Swim wants to learn asmap. So one of the things Swim needs to know is what precisely is ment by "Hot Naptha". Swim doesn't want to blow up and I don't want Swim to blow me up. What is the best method of heating the naptha? Just how warm can it get before it becomes dangerous? Oh, of course, it's already dangerous! NO SMOKING!!!

Naptha is toxic to inhale and once ignited burn strongly. It is possible to vaporize naptha without or with somewhat heating in lower pressure. You can use vacuum compressor which can made even from fridge compressor which will increase boiling point by creating vacuum and there will be no oxygen for ignition.
I remember Endlessness mentioned that any aliphatic solvent could be used to dissolve DMT. Naptha is has relatively high boiling point, while hexane and pentane low. But naptha is cheap and easier to get.

sauroman1 said:
You can use vacuum compressor which can made even from fridge compressor which will increase boiling point by creating vacuum and there will be no oxygen for ignition.

Be carefull with fridge compressor : They're not sparkle free (the electrical motor is immersed in vapors, not in a vacuum pump) so it could lead to an explosion. Safety first !

Btw, decrease pressure will decrease boiling point. I know, i'm anal.

First of all, for explosions you need sparks/open flames. Remove these and you remove explosions. Do not heat in sealed bottles or containers, as they will fill with vapor and burst, potentially causing injury.

The more you heat it the faster it will evaporate and fill your work space with solvent vapor that will harm yourself and alert others that something suspicious is going on.

For extractions I have through experimenting found naptha heated to 55C will extract a substantial amount of fats and oils, this is fine for a defat. For extracting the desired alkaloid you should do this at room temperature (25C).

For extractions I have through experimenting found naptha heated to 55C will extract a substantial amount of fats and oils, this is fine for a defat. For extracting the desired alkaloid you should do this at room temperature (25C).

Hi ice sorry if this is a total newbie question but are you saying I should use naptha heated to around 55 degrees for my original pulls from the base soup the use room temp naptha for my pulls in the mini a/b stage? I extract from acrb.

bigtdotcom said:

Hi ice sorry if this is a total newbie question but are you saying I should use naptha heated to around 55 degrees for my original pulls from the base soup the use room temp naptha for my pulls in the mini a/b stage? I extract from acrb.

You want to use heated naptha for defatting, but room temp naptha for pulls/mini a/b. :thumb_up:

bigtdotcom said:

I think he's saying if you process a defat (most of the time not needed, specialy when you finish the extraction with a mini A/B as in this tek), it's good to use naphtha at 55°C and when you pull alkaloids (during the tek or a mini A/B) room temp is better.

Edit : i've always been to slow :)

Back
Top Bottom