• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

How to make ayahuasca at home whith mimosa and Capi extracte

Making ayahuasca at home can be risky and dangerous, especially without proper knowledge and guidance. It's not like cooking or baking a cake. Ayahuasca involves powerful plants like mimosa and caapi, which can be harmful if not used correctly. Plus, it's essential to respect indigenous traditions and the sacred nature of this brew.

It's best to leave the preparation to experienced practitioners who understand the plants and the spiritual significance of the process. If you're interested in exploring ayahuasca, it's safer to seek out a reputable retreat or ceremony led by trained individuals who can ensure your safety and well-being.

Making ayahuasca at home can be risky and dangerous, especially without proper knowledge and guidance. It's not like cooking or baking a cake. Ayahuasca involves powerful plants like mimosa and caapi, which can be harmful if not used correctly. Plus, it's essential to respect indigenous traditions and the sacred nature of this brew.

It's best to leave the preparation to experienced practitioners who understand the plants and the spiritual significance of the process. If you're interested in exploring ayahuasca, it's safer to seek out a reputable retreat or ceremony led by trained individuals who can ensure your safety and well-being.
I respectfully disagree this is exactly why this site exists for people to learn and do it themselves as safely and responsibly as possible. Paying hard earn cash for a "ceremony led by a trained professional" can often be predatory practice and can cost the individual alot of money and potentially put their lives at risk there's plenty of stories of this in the news, on other forums as well as here on nexus.

The idea of nexus is to learn and share so everyone has access to this information. If safety and risk is taken into consideration there's no wrong or right way to trip everyone likes to trip differently and no one group has a monopoly on how it has to be done.

As a side note I'm not discounting that different settings can invoke different / deeper experiences, that is to say I'm not discounting the power that traditional ceremonies can offer.

I respectfully disagree this is exactly why this site exists for people to learn and do it themselves as safely and responsibly as possible. Paying hard earn cash for a "ceremony led by a trained professional" can often be predatory practice and can cost the individual alot of money and potentially put their lives at risk there's plenty of stories of this in the news, on other forums as well as here on nexus.

The idea of nexus is to learn and share so everyone has access to this information. If safety and risk is taken into consideration there's no wrong or right way to trip everyone likes to trip differently and no one group has a monopoly on how it has to be done.

As a side note I'm not discounting that different settings can invoke different / deeper experiences, that is to say I'm not discounting the power that traditional ceremonies can offer.
I completely agree with this. Gatekeeping the psychedelic experience doesn't sound reasonable to me. Sure, some experiences can benefit more from a guide than others, such as an iboga flush, but it's not a mandatory prerequisite for a transformative experience. As Trip said, not everyone can afford those exorbitantly expensive retreats. On top of that, not all of those retreats can be trusted with what is essentially your life. In fact, few of them can be trusted. The emergence of so many fake retreats led by malevolent pseudo-shamans has been a rampant issue in South America and elsewhere for decades now. People have literally lost their lives to these shady and irresponsible practices. And an unfortunate effect of this has been the withdrawal of legit, experienced indigenous healers. A lot of them have stopped serving medicine to tourists.

With all of the above in mind, I think the Nexus plays a crucial role in educating people on the safe and responsible use of these medicines in alternative settings, and that's not a bad thing. Anyone that disrespects the process and medicine will do so while in a retreat just as much as they'd do so in their own home. The same applies vice-versa. So the best we can do is guide people towards the practices depicting respectful and responsible ingestion of the medicine.

Ayahuasca involves powerful plants like mimosa and caapi, which can be harmful if not used correctly.
Mimosa has never been used traditionally as a component of ayahuasca - an error like this doesn't really help support an argument of "respecting tradition". Also, anything - literally anything - can be harmful if not used correctly (some things are harmful even when used correctly - particularly things which are intrinsically designed to be harmful). That being said, I still fully support harm avoidance in the context of psychedelics/entheogens through the informed use of known doses of known substances, particularly plants one has grown oneself, self-extracted materials from such plants, and Syrian rue (which I am yet to succeed in growing for myself, but is a trustworthy item of regular commerce). Harm avoidance, but not harmala avoidance 😁

Back
Top Bottom