• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

I Am Constantly Dying: I Am Constantly Born

Migrated topic.

Voidmatrix

Rearranging the void
Staff member
Donator
Psychedelic guide
Considering the nested and fractalic nature of the given "moment," I've left and shed a past self too many times to count. With each successive moment, I die; over and over again.

Considering the nested fractalic nature of the given "moment," I've grown into and have become something and someone new too many times to count. With each successive moment, I am born; over and over again.

I die constantly. I am born constantly. I exist in a state of paradox.

One love

I believe the Buddhist teaching of impermanence and no-self corresponds to this.

I sometimes think what kind of inheritance I want to give to the "I" that is born tomorrow. I try to make good decisions but then I also hope he is forgiving to me. Just like you are a link in a chain of generations, this day and moment is a link in a chain of persons that die and are born each day and moment.

Impermanence is kind of sad thing to realize at first, but the more you get accustomed with the idea, the less point there is to hold grudges.

Voidmatrix said:
Considering the nested and fractalic nature of the given "moment," I've left and shed a past self too many times to count. With each successive moment, I die; over and over again.

Considering the nested fractalic nature of the given "moment," I've grown into and have become something and someone new too many times to count. With each successive moment, I am born; over and over again.

I die constantly. I am born constantly. I exist in a state of paradox.
Nice! Would love to feel into the fundamental truth of this with my next heroic dose.

Tomtegubbe said:
Impermanence is kind of sad thing to realize at first, but the more you get accustomed with the idea, the less point there is to hold grudges.
Yeah. Everything is temporary. You, me, our tribes, the rain forest, the flat earth, the round earth, pluto as a planet, the sun, the galaxy, even the entire universe. All just temporary narratives. Constantly changing stories we tell ourselves.

Once we realize everything is temporary and all will eventually die, whether we realize that through spiritual belief or scientific "fact", we can more fully enjoy what we have now and be less concerned about anything else.

Thanks for reading guys.

That came to me while pondering on my lunch break yesterday.

Paradoxes to consider: permanence in impermanence. Change is constant.

With that in mind, a thought I entertain sometimes (often as a result of psychedelic use) goes as follows: Say that the stream of consciousness one identifies as the "self" has always existed, individuated. That self is no longer of any of the same orders as it previously was in any other "time" or "existence." So while it's continuity is maintained (hypothetically), it's, paradoxically, not the same self over time through change... So even if individuated consciousness exists forever, there's still futility in attachment...

One love

You are an entirely new you each and every moment, if you are still enough, you can notice the shifts.
As the Buddha said. I AM Awareness. All else is illusory.

I have a theory that we may actually be living in multiple timelines/universes at once. The way it works is as we go through life we have these 'close calls' or near death experiences we actually die which creates a split. In the timeline we are aware of we didn't die but in another we were killed. It's this same hypothesis that links the idea of the LHC to the Mandela effect. I believe they have opened a black hole on more than one occasion (I know, I know, physics says this is impossible and the tiny black holes would nearly instantly evaporate and that sounds nice on paper but with what we have learned from quantum mechanics Einstein was a genius but we have more information now. Either the black hole was a portal or it killed everyone in that timeline) leading to the entire world splitting more than once now. Of course this is all mere speculation but the more we learn about quantum mechanics the more I feel my idea has a solid foundation and the less I believe we actually "know" about the world and physics.

Voidmatrix said:
Thanks for reading guys.

That came to me while pondering on my lunch break yesterday.

Paradoxes to consider: permanence in impermanence. Change is constant.

With that in mind, a thought I entertain sometimes (often as a result of psychedelic use) goes as follows: Say that the stream of consciousness one identifies as the "self" has always existed, individuated. That self is no longer of any of the same orders as it previously was in any other "time" or "existence." So while it's continuity is maintained (hypothetically), it's, paradoxically, not the same self over time through change... So even if individuated consciousness exists forever, there's still futility in attachment...

One love

Intriguing Void. Throughout my life, every few years I have a premonition dream about a future me. The thing is, I can never recognize it as a future me, because I’m always in some circumstances that seem utterly bizarre and ridiculous to the current me, a state of affairs I couldn’t imagine myself in.

Anyway, Iirc some of the sadaka’s have mentioned similar concepts to these you’ve generated autodidactically.

WisdomTooth said:
You are an entirely new you each and every moment, if you are still enough, you can notice the shifts.
As the Buddha said. I AM Awareness. All else is illusory.

Even in meditation, that small period of time, shifts of change can be noticed.

Awareness has been a priority of mine since I was in high school. Very important to me.

Thank you for jumping in WisdomTooth :)

Dirty T said:
I have a theory that we may actually be living in multiple timelines/universes at once. The way it works is as we go through life we have these 'close calls' or near death experiences we actually die which creates a split. In the timeline we are aware of we didn't die but in another we were killed. It's this same hypothesis that links the idea of the LHC to the Mandela effect. I believe they have opened a black hole on more than one occasion (I know, I know, physics says this is impossible and the tiny black holes would nearly instantly evaporate and that sounds nice on paper but with what we have learned from quantum mechanics Einstein was a genius but we have more information now. Either the black hole was a portal or it killed everyone in that timeline) leading to the entire world splitting more than once now. Of course this is all mere speculation but the more we learn about quantum mechanics the more I feel my idea has a solid foundation and the less I believe we actually "know" about the world and physics.

This reminds me of a version of string theory that I came across years ago (and forgot until reading your post). You definitely have some different details, but on a fundamental way they are very similar.

And I think it should be noted that a lot of cosmology is theoretical and the paradigm runs off of the theoretical framework that seems to have the most "strength," "cohesion," and "consistency," but they change all of the time. So, being predicated also on inductive reasoning (which is never absolute by definition) I find your idea plausible. Especially with how you threw the Mandela Effect in there. There always comes a point where we cannot any further justify the conclusion of an idea. Ends up boiling down to an amount of faith that we put in our "system" of obtaining "knowledge."

roninsina said:
Intriguing Void. Throughout my life, every few years I have a premonition dream about a future me. The thing is, I can never recognize it as a future me, because I’m always in some circumstances that seem utterly bizarre and ridiculous to the current me, a state of affairs I couldn’t imagine myself in.

Anyway, Iirc some of the sadaka’s have mentioned similar concepts to these you’ve generated autodidactically.

That's actually a little funny (at least with how you've said it). I sometimes have a vision of my future self, made out of puzzle pieces, with some pieces missing (because they have yet to be filled by decisions for the future made by the current me) holding an orb looking at me in its past (my present).

And thank you. I hadn't heard of Sadakas before and had to look them up. Something I plan to explore a bit. Also, your observation is encouraging and validating, so thank you :) .

Regardless of how we try to describe the self, it may really escape or transcend our current use of words and dialogue, and not be what we think it is.

:love:

One love

Funny thing I came across last night Voidmatrix. I was reading about the LHC and how physicists were voicing the same concerns I have in 2009. They even sued the government to stop it. They were told they don't understand the basic fundamentals of their professional field so their concerns were completely unfounded. It all reads like the plot to a bad James Bond movie, an underground laboratory in Sweden where they rip apart space and time and everyone who understands the process is misunderstood. I had a conversation with a guy that tried to explain black hole mathematics and hawking radiation but the problem with the math is it implies the black hole is in the void of space not matter filled earth. I have read no such reports of the LHC being a giant vacuum chamber, it would require enough vacuum pumps to cover all of Denmark. Anyways, make note of the time and day they run it in a month or so, I have an idea things are about to get strange (unless we are converted to strange matter this time since they decided to amplify the collided with 10,000x the magnets in which case I don't know what happens.)

My reaction ( :ROFLMAO: ) is on the basis that, over the years, I've found there's a whole lot of stuff not worth getting angry over, and much of the stuff we're told "really needs to be done" either happens anyway or is of minimal to no consequence from it not getting done. In fact, if you look at the way the modern world 'works', much of its problems arise from people be far too desperate for getting far too much stuff done. I would say this is what leads to enormous depletion of natural resources, for one thing.

I could also be massively naïve and happen to live some kind of blessed life, but I'm not even sure if it's possible to accept responsibility for something like that - especially considering I'm just some random person living life one day at a time ;)

I agree that the "rat race" is digging us in a pit that we'll have a damn hard time getting out of. There are so many things that are relatively unimportant within a certain scope that is wider than the one that causes us stress, pressure, and anxiety about what needs to be done in life.

I think that one living a naive and blessed life is not something that someone needs to take responsibility for. I feel that all one may need to do is acknowledge the nature of their situation relative to others. Which you just did.

One love

I agree that the "rat race" is digging us in a pit that we'll have a damn hard time getting out of. There are so many things that are relatively unimportant within a certain scope that is wider than the one that causes us stress, pressure, and anxiety about what needs to be done in life.

I think that one living a naive and blessed life is not something that someone needs to take responsibility for. I feel that all one may need to do is acknowledge the nature of their situation relative to others. Which you just did.

One love
Oh for sure - and in acknowledging that I should also acknowledge that the journey also involved a whole lot of confusion, heartache, ill-health, discord, mayhem, homelessness, incarceration, general anguish, isolation and alienation, not to mention joy and beauty beyond belief, the best of times, great company and hilarious escapades to name but a few. It appears to be a matter of taking it as it comes, and making one's best attempt at remaining in good grace throughout - even, perhaps, when behaving disgracefully.

In that respect, when considering the old proverb, "there's no fool like an old fool", I'd like to offer my own interpretation of it - inasmuch as being foolish and surviving could (at a push) be considered a skill, it appears to follow that successfully remaining foolish into a ripe old age might therefore be considered a higher order of skill. This seems to be at odds with most common interpretations of the phrase.

IME, humans can be tricky creatures at times, YMMV.

You post made me laugh. 🤣

You've inspired me to be better at remembering the more positive times in my life without the influx of reflexive delimiting that ends up putting them in a dark light.

And I agree, we really do take things as they come. External control is generally an illusion (we never accomplish anything, only control ourselves and our efforts to help influence outcomes), and we're not graced with absolute internal control, at least I know I'm not.

Your interpretation about the fool makes me think of the sacred fool/innocent stage, an east facet of self in some mystical traditions. And it is a skill.

What's funny, is it makes me think of the skill of laziness wherein one exerts efforts to avoid exerting effort 🤣

One love

What's funny, is it makes me think of the skill of laziness wherein one exerts efforts to avoid exerting effort 🤣
What I think really helps here is learning about permaculture. Spending a year or two to observe the nature of a situation (especially if one has that luxury of time) gives the opportunity to decide whether anything even needs doing, and then to do the absolute minimum required to get the ball rolling in the desired direction.

A practical example in my own life might be that, instead of ripping out the "annoying, invasive, nuisance weed", ground elder, a.k.a. goutweed, I've learnt how to make several tasty dishes out of it. And by doing nothing, it has also served as a moisture-conserving green mulch in the garden during a recent dry spell.

Those who go to excessive efforts to avoid effort aren't trying hard enough to be truly lazy ;)

If this seems to be excessive praise for the sin of idleness, bear this in mind: the more effortless life becomes, the more efficient we can be in living.

Just to clarify, I was just noticing a similarity in ideas and in no way think that you're lazy. Also, I have never found you foolish.

Great relation and example. Something to meditate on.

Not only that, they also tend to not notice the effort they are exerting in order to avoid a task. :LOL:

Wise words my friend.

One love

Just to clarify, I was just noticing a similarity in ideas and in no way think that you're lazy. Also, I have never found you foolish.

Great relation and example. Something to meditate on.

Not only that, they also tend to not notice the effort they are exerting in order to avoid a task. :LOL:

Wise words my friend.

One love
Oh, no implication taken - this is merely wry self-reflection, and also acknowledging that, in addition to being a conversation, some other soul may end up reading it.

Good point about not even noticing the effort that goes into task avoidance - and thanks for helping me reflect on how it's my blood vessels that often appear to take the unnecessary strain when I've been doing some more hard-core procrastinating. For me this also highlights how habits are kind of an antithesis to the thread's original conception around ongoing death and rebirth.

So, thank you once more - it feels like this is really bringing me forward personally.

This gave me a fun new way of interpreting a recurring theme in my DMT trips. More than a handful of times there has been a distinct feeling of "me" being someone else - or on the other hand "someone else" experiencing being "me". As the visual aspect goes, this kind of thing has happened both in closed-eyes hyperspaces and open-eyes candyland versions of the surroundings, depending on dose and the phase of the trip.

Now it's delightful to imagine that those experiences have been moments of contact with the persons from the other days, past or future.

This gave me a fun new way of interpreting a recurring theme in my DMT trips. More than a handful of times there has been a distinct feeling of "me" being someone else - or on the other hand "someone else" experiencing being "me". As the visual aspect goes, this kind of thing has happened both in closed-eyes hyperspaces and open-eyes candyland versions of the surroundings, depending on dose and the phase of the trip.

Now it's delightful to imagine that those experiences have been moments of contact with the persons from the other days, past or future.
Thanks for posting this - it has reminded me how on various occasions DMT at low-ish doses has allowed me to see situations entirely from another person's perspective. For me the notion extends somewhat more, such that we are ultimately one person. Most of the time the vast majority of us forget this entirely. This is not, of course, my own idea but one that comes from eastern mysticism. Whether this is an absolute truth or not is beside the point - it is essentially unprovable. I do find it useful to consider from time to time, however.

PS - Welcome to the Nexus!

Back
Top Bottom