• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

I have come across the best dream inducing substance!

Migrated topic.

Caligulitica

Rising Star
I actually have the perfect dream substance that i have also had lucid dreaming with, Calea zacatachichi, it has brought the best and craziest dreams on the face of the planet for me, I bought 117 grams of it for just $20 from [MODERATOR: NO VENDOR ADS NEEDED HERE!] and it got to me really fast too, I'm no affiliate of them so I'm not gonna post a link, but if you want to check it out it is really awesome and has been my substitute for weed also =).

Usually around night time (8:00-9:00) I'll play some video games with my friends and pass the bong around packed full of calea. it burns kinda fast but it definetly fills my chamber and get me a killer hit. but after 4-5 bowls and about 2 other heads on it i feel extremely relaxed. Usually my friends will leave about 45 mins after and I am extremely tired and i'll lay down and pass out. The dreams are like living life on a different planet but only with extreme euphoria. It also made me wake up feeling like a millions bucks and i could not wait to get ready for the day. It has been the most amazing experience for me so far besides lsd and mushies =)

PLEASE NOTE, THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE ALLERGIC TO CALEA ZACATACHICHI AND IT CAN BE AN EXTREMELY PAINFUL EXPERIENCE. IT IS A VERY SMALL CHANCE BUT IT IS POSSIBLE. I GAVE MY NEIGHBOR SOME AND HE HAD AN ALLERGIC REACTION THAT GAVE HIM A RASH AND HAD TO TAKE A STEROID THAT MADE HIM A LITTLE LOOPY AND BIPOLAR FOR THE TIME OF HIS PRESCRIPTION

To see if you are allergic, just put a dab in the side of your lip and let it sit there for about 15 mins, if it starts to rash up just take it out and flush your mouth with water and you'll be fine by the next morning.

calea is amazing in many ways. a weed alternative? iunno but a mary jane supplement? most definately.

that toxicity test reminds me of something i heard awhile back. first rub on skin, wait, rub outside lip, wait, inside lip, wait, tongue, wait. and then if nothing has happened eat alittle, wait, eat more. this is of course if there is nothing else to eat...and whatever you have found looks the most tasty of whats out there.

ive looked into the "hit and miss" thing your talking about and i have come to the result that it is not so much a hit and miss but you have to let it work in first. Like for me it didnt work t for like the first week i got it (atleast for dreaming) and after about ten days of regular useage i started to excell in my dream patterns. and then i tried the extract version ( a mix of 1 part calea and 2 parts 90 proof everclear and eating the goo from the evaporation) and i actually had a nice open and closed eye trip, I guess you can say it had that same fuzzy feeling DMT gets you but not some much dimensional changing but alot of weird things happening but peacefully. Kinda like a really nice mellow but visual shroom trip.

That method though is like a once in a while thing, but very exciting

I'm assuming you mean dmt enhanced calea leaf? This is an amazing combo but next time try mixing them 1:1 for a more thorough experience.

Can you suggest an alternative way of taking it to smoking?

I read that the tea can induce nausea. Is this true and would the tea be ok on its own?

MalargueZiggy said:
Can you suggest an alternative way of taking it to smoking?

I read that the tea can induce nausea. Is this true and would the tea be ok on its own?

I have had multiple experiences with Calea zacatachichi (Dream Herb or DH for short). my first test run went as follows.

I used a tea bag and filled it with about 20g of DH, steeped it in warm water for about 2 minutes. I drank the tea as i normally drink tea, not fast but not too slow as to let it cool. towards the end of the tea i rolled a cigarette with the DH. smoked the cigarette and finished the tea. about 25minutes after drinking the tea i felt a calming euphoric effect from the tea while the cigarette enhanced this feeling and also made me a little drowsy.

the tea itself is less potent than the cigarette. Ziggy, if you had a few cups of the tea i bet it would get you to the same height as the cigarette. with DH there is no need to drink the tea fast or in a short amount of time. you are able to drink DH (or smoke it) throughout the day and the effects occur during REM sleep.
I have used DH as an anti anxiety substitute. The DH also has a very small hallucinogenic property to it. i have had some experiences where colors become more vivid as well as holographic type experiences.

give it a shot! i have given DH to a few friends and they have reported having some amazing dreams!

Sweet, thanks for the advice MrsG. Out of interest, when you make the cig (which I reckon I'll do to conserve product), do you combine it with tobacco or just have a blunt? Also is one cig usually the right dose?

It's arrived today, can't wait to test it out!

Oh man, the tea is bluuurrrgh!

Got absolutely nada from it (about 5 g split between tea and joints for 2 ppl). Gonna perservere and bear in mind the idea of building it up before it works.

If you have the leaf/herb, pack that as a layer in your cone (if you have a bong) and put crystal over it, then smoke. (DMT = Dream) + (Calea = Dream herb) = :)

Right, upped my dosage of this last night. Smoked one big spliff's worth then kept smoking my pipe until my lungs were telling me they couldn't be bothered any more. I estimate I smoked about 2.5-3 grams. No tea this time.

I wouldn't say it blew me away, but I think it definitely added an extra quality to my dreams, I dreamt a couple of times (and the first one was noticeably earlier in the night) and I can remember them quite clearly. I wouldn't say they were stunningly more lucid, although it's difficult to say, and I kind of think that by the time I realised there was an element of lucidity in the first one it was too late.

Dr Malargue's diagnosis: keep pushing, make a very strong tea and drink it like medicine, grow some CZ and have it on tap, try making a tincture.

I've also heard that boiling the tea kills the active ingredient, so I'm going to try a pre-boiling heat with a brew for 30 mins.

A friend drank a whole vial of tincture one time which he estimated to be around 3 doses and reported an extremely strong effect. Very lucid, amazing, wack dreams.

MalargueZiggy said:
Right, upped my dosage of this last night. Smoked one big spliff's worth then kept smoking my pipe until my lungs were telling me they couldn't be bothered any more. I estimate I smoked about 2.5-3 grams. No tea this time.

I wouldn't say it blew me away, but I think it definitely added an extra quality to my dreams, I dreamt a couple of times (and the first one was noticeably earlier in the night) and I can remember them quite clearly. I wouldn't say they were stunningly more lucid, although it's difficult to say, and I kind of think that by the time I realised there was an element of lucidity in the first one it was too late.

Dr Malargue's diagnosis: keep pushing, make a very strong tea and drink it like medicine, grow some CZ and have it on tap, try making a tincture.

I've also heard that boiling the tea kills the active ingredient, so I'm going to try a pre-boiling heat with a brew for 30 mins.

sorry to get back to you so late on this topic.
about the cig, SWIM rolls a "blunt" as SWIY called it. no tobacco. SWIM stuffs as much as possible into the blunt.

remember it is important when smoking DH to hold in the smoke for long periods of time. SWIM uses rice papers when smoking, they tend to burn slower or go out all together. this way SWIM can take time between "hits" as SWIM understands the uncomfortable feeling the DH causes the lungs.

As for the tea, SWIM pre-boils the water (or just zaps it in the microwave) and then adds the teabag. the tea tastes far better this way :d .

Finally, SWIM noticed DH has an introduction period where the user must get familiar with the effects. SWIM
tried DH multiple times in different states of mind to get familiar with its effects. keep it up!

SWIM turned into a sweet transformer in the first lucid dream from DH!

Caligulitica said:
I actually have the perfect dream substance... the best and craziest dreams on the face of the planet... just $20 from bouncing bear botanicals... it got to me really fast too... I'm no affiliate of them so I'm not gonna post a link, but if you want to check it out it is really awesome and has been my substitute for weed also =).

...it definetly fills my chamber and get me a killer hit... The dreams are like living life on a different planet but only with extreme euphoria. It also made me wake up feeling like a millions bucks... It has been the most amazing experience for me so far besides lsd and mushies =)
Is this covert advertising?

Calea doesn't really work for me personally. All it does is make me wake up suddenly every now and then during the night, mid normal dreaming. Perhaps this is why they call it the Nightwatchman's herb. So if I really wanted to, I could immediately try to remember what I'd been dreaming and write it down. But, of course, I'd rather just go straight back to sleep! So the next day all I remember is that I woke up four or five times mid-dream.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was what caused the lucidity- in my experience the only times I've ever gone lucid is when my sleep has been disturbed but I'm not quite out of the dream, such that I realise I'm dreaming, and can then make a conscious decision on the route the dream will take from now on. This has given me some very pleasurable experiences ;) all without the need for calea, but maybe calea could facilitate this.

The tea isn't THAT bad- half as revolting as cactus brew, a third as revolting as a wormwood one. But no, not pleasant, requires determination.

The native dose is a 'small handful', so I read. They both drink the tea AND smoke a calea cigarette before sleep.

I dosed according to this guy's recommendations Calea zacatechichi - Erowid Exp - 'The Beginner's Guide'
You simmer 3g for 15 minutes to make the tea- like traditional chinese medicine- not just sit in water from the kettle like with teabags. I have tried both and it's incredibly weak when just made with water from the kettle. Smoking it gives me a very mild feeling of tranquil sedation. You can put it in gelcaps too, see the link, but I haven't tried that yet.

The only time I had a undoubtly dream enhanced effect was when I drunk a STRONG tea made with 5 g boiled for 20 mn.
Smoking it is a pain for healthy lungs...

I shall give 5g a try before I give up on calea. I haven't tried increasing the dosage yet because 3g leaves me feeling very tired the next day. It certainly doesn't give me restful sleep.

ohayoco said:
I shall give 5g a try before I give up on calea. I haven't tried increasing the dosage yet because 3g leaves me feeling very tired the next day. It certainly doesn't give me restful sleep.

This seems to be the reccomended dose.

MrsG; Earlier you talk about 20g, seems like quite a lot to take for one night...?

MalargueZiggy said:
MrsG; Earlier you talk about 20g, seems like quite a lot to take for one night...?
well i believe this was a misprint. SWIM only had a baggie with 28g to begin with! SWIM added enough into a tea bag to fill it to the top. 2g would be about right. good luck in your journeys. :d

Back
Top Bottom