• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

I'm planning to take my first larger dose, any advice?

Migrated topic.
Dante said:
This makes a lot of sense to me, but i dont feel too safe about taking rue this time. Ill keep some spice next to me just in case I feel to sane :twisted:

Hopefully Ill do it very soon, the weather has been horrible for weeks...

Just wanted to let you know that for me and possibly others, Syrian Rue makes a mushroom trip weaker, so keep that in mind.

And the other side of the physiological coin... I always eat a rue or cappi extract with my mushies any more because I seem to get more intensity and mileage out of them. (I'm not disputing those who experience the opposite - just sharing what I experience.)

Pup Tentacle said:
And the other side of the physiological coin... I always eat a rue or cappi extract with my mushies any more because I seem to get more intensity and mileage out of them. (I'm not disputing those who experience the opposite - just sharing what I experience.)

Yeah man, I read that rue makes the trip more intense, so I took some rue and it made it a lot weaker.

I took the Rue and then 20 minutes later I took the shrooms.

I'm not sure if the timing is right on that. Maybe you need to wait a lot longer before you take the shrooms???

behindthelight said:
I'm not sure if the timing is right on that. Maybe you need to wait a lot longer before you take the shrooms???
IME it didn't seem to potentiate it either, i took the rue about 20 mins prior as well, but i am normally mostly/fully maoi'd up in 45 mins(which is still about 35 mins before the shrooms kicked in). so i don't really see why it didn't work, but once the fungi fruit (only just prepared the cakes last night, so it may be a while) i will attempt multiple times with different sized doses and different waiting periods and document the results.

Parshvik Chintan said:
IME it didn't seem to potentiate it either, i took the rue about 20 mins prior as well, but i am normally mostly/fully maoi'd up in 45 mins(which is still about 35 mins before the shrooms kicked in). so i don't really see why it didn't work, but once the fungi fruit (only just prepared the cakes last night, so it may be a while) i will attempt multiple times with different sized doses and different waiting periods and document the results.

I would love to see your results because I really wanted it to work. The idea of some MAOI making a shroom trip last longer and more intense sounds great, but it just didn't happen for me. Maybe there is a trick to it. Hopefully in your testing you figure something out.

wow..I took about .2g of cubes that I had just picked and dried about 2 weeks ago durring the afterglow of some rue and mimosa..The mimosa had worn off and I was still feeling the harmalas with a nice afterglow and I just wanted to microdose the mushrooms to enhance the afterglow. It worked..it worked real well. That ammount of mushrooms would usually do next to nothing. It was definatly enhanced and synergized the afterglow very nicely so that it went on for hours.

I dunno what is up with you guys but harmalas have always synergized with mushrooms for me and anyone else I have met.

jamie said:
wow..I took about .2g of cubes that I had just picked and dried about 2 weeks ago durring the afterglow of some rue and mimosa..The mimosa had worn off and I was still feeling the harmalas with a nice afterglow and I just wanted to microdose the mushrooms to enhance the afterglow. It worked..it worked real well. That ammount of mushrooms would usually do next to nothing. It was definatly enhanced and synergized the afterglow very nicely so that it went on for hours.

I dunno what is up with you guys but harmalas have always synergized with mushrooms for me and anyone else I have met.
Harmala´s also synergize with shrooms for me.

I´m just speculating here but, maybe it doesn´t work that way for some people because the levels of serotonin in their blood are more affected by harmala´s. As psychedelic´s lower serotonergic activity, higher levels of serotonin may counteract the effects of psychedelic´s. At the same time harmala´s slow the metabolisation of psilocin so that levels of psilocin are also higher...so you have two different effects that are opposite in effect. Maybe in some people the first effect wins the battle between the two, while in others, the second effect wins.

polytrip said:
maybe it doesn´t work that way for some people because the levels of serotonin in their blood are more affected by harmala´s. As psychedelic´s lower serotonergic activity, higher levels of serotonin may counteract the effects of psychedelic´s.
would this also count for mdma? because i have combined that with shrooms with great results.

but i have only tried rue and shrooms once before, so i will give it another shot.

jamie said:

Man, that sounds great. I guess I can try it again and see what happens.

I ate 14g dried and barely noticed any nausea throughout the trip but then again I was drifting in and out of this universe :p

RoGu3 said:
I ate 14g dried and barely noticed any nausea throughout the trip but then again I was drifting in and out of this universe :p
yea, everyone reports nausea on mushrooms, but i have never experienced it.

the only consistent nausea inducers i have found are amanitas and harmalas.

I don't really get nausea either. I sometimes get a feeling like I ate way too much cucumber and have tons of big windy burps, but no nausea.

Back
Top Bottom