• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Is it possible to save pereskiopsis cuttings?

Migrated topic.

ShamanisticVibes

Rising Star
Hey folks! Long time since I've been here, but I have a question. I'm currently growing a few pereskiopsis and they're getting a little overgrown and my cactus seedlings aren't quite large enough to graft yet. I'd like to open an etsy store and sell cuttings in order to create a bit of passive income. Would I be able to take the cuttings now and wrap them up in brown paper or a paper towel and save them much like and trichocereus? Or would I have to take the cuttings fresh before shipping? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks friends!

Put them in water so the bottom 2 inches are submerged, wait a week or two until roots start to shoot then sell them. People love rooted cuttings. It's one of a few cacti you csn root in water.

They do store for a while, like trichos. Keep in mind they root better from the tips not the older 'woodier' parts. Fresh cuttings maybe a better idea though. They'll post fine.

_Trip_ said:
Put them in water so the bottom 2 inches are submerged, wait a week or two until roots start to shoot then sell them. People love rooted cuttings. It's one of a few cacti you csn root in water.

They do store for a while, like trichos. Keep in mind they root better from the tips not the older 'woodier' parts. Fresh cuttings maybe a better idea though. They'll post fine.[/quote

Thanks! So I would have to wait until the roots were established enough and put them in a small pot and ship it that way? I've gotten quite a few live cutting delivered before so I've got a pretty good idea of how to package it in a manner that wouldn't harm the new roots.

Back
Top Bottom