• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Jurema/MHRB orally active w/o MAOI question...

Migrated topic.

breakMYhead

Rising Star
after endlessness's post re: different methods of ingestion etc (link to topic) and the Jungle Spice thread I wanted to give the cold water infusion method of MHRB a go.

But... doing a bit of reading there seems to be a some conflicting info around whether or not MHRB contains any KNOWN MAOI's.

so... any here tried it? i want to give it a go but im a bit concerned of something in it acting as a MAOI and the duration of the MAOI effect (i.e - how long should I avoid tyramine foods pre/post)?

breakMYhead said:
after endlessness's post re: different methods of ingestion etc (link to topic) and the Jungle Spice thread I wanted to give the cold water infusion method of MHRB a go.

But... doing a bit of reading there seems to be a some conflicting info around whether or not MHRB contains any KNOWN MAOI's.

so... any here tried it? i want to give it a go but im a bit concerned of something in it acting as a MAOI and the duration of the MAOI effect (i.e - how long should I avoid tyramine foods pre/post)?

Nothing has been found to be an MAOI within Mimosa, but some speculate that yuramine or a degraded yuramine product may be the culprit.

In the traditional Jurema cults large quantities of alcohol is consumed during the ceremony. I don't believe there is great need for the MAOI diet when using Rue, Caapi, or whatever is in Mimosa. However to be safe 1 day before and after is more than sufficient. For pharmaceuticals usually a week (with the exception of SSRI/SNRI's and then 6-8 weeks).

People have in fact tried it (not me personally) and it has given light effects. Much higher dosages are needed (sorry can’t give you any numbers) for activation. Extraction must be done using distilled cold water. No hot water, no chlorine, and no acid.

Unless you dig the emetic effects, the additional tannins and alkaloids in MHRB will ... yes will, make you puke ! Hard !

An exract made from 13g of filtered MHRB (in lemon juice) ought to get you really high. But trying to drink enough MHRB / dmt to become an effective (concentrated dose) means you have to not dilute the suff in tonnes of other juice. But this way the tannins are also 'strong' ... so .. if you do try it, clean the toilet bowl to a sparkle first .. Much nicer that way, as you'll be tripping while watching it all go swirling down..!

Trying to remove tannins with gelatin may reduce the astringent ghaking taste of MHRB extract, but there will still be some in there to upset the stomach ...

El Ka Bong said:
An exract made from 13g of filtered MHRB (in lemon juice) ought to get you really high. But trying to drink enough MHRB / dmt to become an effective (concentrated dose) means you have to not dilute the suff in tonnes of other juice.

is that 13g soaked in some water, filtered, and lemon juice added?

Trying to remove tannins with gelatin may reduce the astringent ghaking taste of MHRB extract, but there will still be some in there to upset the stomach ...

im sure i could get it all down in one go... any links to removing tannins with gelatin?

hmmm... maybe this isn't such a good idea then... sounded interesting but theres not really any people singing it's praises. maybe stick to the tried and tested pharma route instead.

Back
Top Bottom