• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Limonene and other sources of freebase DMT?

Migrated topic.

antrocles

Rising Star
OG Pioneer
SWIM has a couple quick questions for his chemically-gifted brothers out there. he has had very solid results using the marsofold tek with a xylene defat, naptha pulls, a xylene final pull for jungle spice, and a bestine rextal on the naptha pulled spice. good yields, magickal spice.....

however- SWIM is REALLY not into these harsh solvents and would LOVE to find a natural way to coax the magick out of the spice....he just went ahead and purchase a 5 gallon jug of 95% pure limonene and would LOVE to find a solid freebase extraction tek using it. anyone?

also- just out of curiosity- almost all extraction teks for smokable freebase DMT use MHRB....are there any other plants that anyone has experimented with that have yielded DMT freebase?

many thanks!!

love and gratitude!

hey

lemonene is possible, yes, the usual issue is that it doesnt evap so clean so leaves a lot of residue... might depend on the purity though.. Did you make an evap test? in any case syzygypsy seems to have devised a work-around.. check out these two threads:

SWIM would love to get some limonene and not have to use petrochemicals, but it is either very hard to find or very expensive where he is living right now..

as for the dmt source, there are people that extract from different kinds of acacia species, specially in australia it seems. Also there are some reports of using some types of phalaris but watch out as many seem to have a toxic alkaloid, gramine, which I read it would also be present when pulling the dmt in an A/B (though it might be destroyed with the heat when smoking, but I would check better and not trust my words).

Also from diplopterys cabrerana and from psychotria viridis is also possible, but being leaves, they most probably have more dmt n-oxide in them. Also a defat will be very necessary. So thats the thing, there seems to be no other plant that is so easy and practical as MHRB, with quite consistent 1% extraction reports, not too much fats to deal with, STB being possible, plus some 'mystery' alkaloids as a bonus.. :D

antrocles said:
SWIM has a couple quick questions for his chemically-gifted brothers out there. he has had very solid results using the marsofold tek with a xylene defat, naptha pulls, a xylene final pull for jungle spice, and a bestine rextal on the naptha pulled spice. good yields, magickal spice.....

however- SWIM is REALLY not into these harsh solvents and would LOVE to find a natural way to coax the magick out of the spice....he just went ahead and purchase a 5 gallon jug of 95% pure limonene and would LOVE to find a solid freebase extraction tek using it. anyone?

D-limonene is very nice. It smells like oranges, comes from fruit, and is non-toxic. It requires different extraction techs than the normal DMT ones based on naphtha. It’s properties are somewhat like xylene, but it normally extracts more than xylene can. Any tech that uses xylene can normally use d-limonene in place of it. That’s been SWIM’s experience anyway.

SWIM has used d-limonene to successfully extract DMT as well as mescaline. It’s great for mescaline.

antrocles said:
also- just out of curiosity- almost all extraction teks for smokable freebase DMT use MHRB....are there any other plants that anyone has experimented with that have yielded DMT freebase?

many thanks!!

love and gratitude!

SWIM doesn’t like using MHRB. The resulting DMT is not as good as the DMT your get from chacruna. It’s got more edge to it. I don’t believe it’s pure, even after several freeze precipitations in heptane. SWIM has compared DMT extracted from chacruna with DMT extracted from MHRB, where they were both freeze precipitated in heptane 3 times. The DMT from chacruna is friendlier. The other trace alkaloids present affect the trip.

When using chacruna, you can extract the DMT easily at just pH 9.5.

SWIM also extracts from chaliponga, but that also has lots of 5-MeO-DMT in it normally. It’s a wild experience.

endlessness said:
Also from diplopterys cabrerana and from psychotria viridis is also possible, but being leaves, they most probably have more dmt n-oxide in them. Also a defat will be very necessary. So thats the thing, there seems to be no other plant that is so easy and practical as MHRB, with quite consistent 1% extraction reports, not too much fats to deal with, STB being possible, plus some 'mystery' alkaloids as a bonus.. :D

SWIM nearly always uses chacruna because it’s easier to extract from when using a Soxhlet and the resulting DMT is friendlier than MHRB (because of the other traces alkaloids present). If using charcruna you need a tech designed for it. Also use Hawaiian chacruna. SWIM has extracted up to about 1% DMT from it. He averages about 0.5-1% from it. Non Hawaiian chacruna is weaker.

I wish there were a way to quantify the differences between various varieties of DMT. It might be a case of the modern extraction techniques being TOO pure, omitting some other fractions which affect (improve?) the trip in one way or another. I wonder if anyone has compared the effects and composition of 100% pure synthesized DMT with that obtained with the different extraction teks from various plants. If someone had access to a GC-MS machine or other analytical lab equipment we could get some hard data.

endlessness said:
well whether dmt is 'friendlier' with chacruna is something I had never heard about, but then again not many people extract from it. dont you think this can be a self-suggestion? double blind would be nice for this

That’s not likely for SWIM. The difference is very noticeable to SWIM. SWIM is not one of those who easily gets placebo effects even with psychedelics. SWIM can detect the slightest variations of compounds preset. He’s very sensitive in this way to all drugs, not just psychedelics.

Give it a try. I bet you can also tell the difference.

this is WONDERFUL!! i'm soooooo grateful for this forum! so much shared information....just wow. so- 69ron, you have been a font of wisdom from day 1 for me. i have a question about the chacruna as i am more than willing to give it a shot. 1. what extraction tek do you use? 2. i just went to BBB and they have seeds, dried leaf and fresh leaf....what would be best? also, they have peruvian or hawaiian...

the chaliponga has me absolutely intrigued....it has 5-Meo-DMT in it?? can it be extracted as a freebase (that goes for chacruna as well)?

many many thanks my friends!

love and gratitude!

antrocles said:
this is WONDERFUL!! i'm soooooo grateful for this forum! so much shared information....just wow. so- 69ron, you have been a font of wisdom from day 1 for me. i have a question about the chacruna as i am more than willing to give it a shot. 1. what extraction tek do you use? 2. i just went to BBB and they have seeds, dried leaf and fresh leaf....what would be best? also, they have peruvian or hawaiian...

the chaliponga has me absolutely intrigued....it has 5-Meo-DMT in it?? can it be extracted as a freebase (that goes for chacruna as well)?

many many thanks my friends!

love and gratitude!

Hawaiian chacruna is almost always much more potent. Fresh leaves are better than dried.

You can extract these just like they are MHRB, but you need to defat them.

SWIM likes chacruna because it works better in a Soxhlet than MHRB. MHRB tends to clog a Soxhlet unless its not too finely ground. Whole pieces of MHRB work, but take longer to extract.

SWIM extracts chacruna by placing 100 grams of crushed leaves into a 1000 ml Soxhlet along with 700 ml of 91% USP grade isopropyl alcohol. No Soxhlet thimble is needed, just a large cotton ball plug is placed at the bottom of the Soxhlet to prevent the leaves from falling into the boiling flask below. The Soxhlet automatically performs the alcohol extraction. He lets if run by itself overnight. That’s about 20 automatic extractions. This extracts about 99.9% of all the DMT present.

Next he distills the alcohol down to about 100 ml and adds 200 ml of water and adds citric acid, bringing the pH to 5 if not already at 5. It’s usually already at 5.

Next he does an exclusive extraction (a “defat”) to extract all the fats, oils, and other junk while leaving behind the DMT. This is done with dichloromethane. He mixes the solution with 100 ml of dichloromethane, shakes and removes the dichloromethane. He repeats this 5 times to make sure all the junk is removed that’s soluble in dichloromethane.

Next he freebases the DMT making it soluble in dichloromethane and does an inclusive extraction to extract the DMT. He does this by adding sodium carbonate to the alcohol/water solution until the pH is about 9.5-10.5. Then he extracts 5 times with 100 ml of dichloromethane. He then distill off most of the dichloromethane down to about 50 ml. He then lets the rest of the dichloromethane evaporate completely at room temperature.

Next he freeze precipitates the DMT. To do this he dissolves the goo in 100 ml of hot heptane (no hotter than 50 C) and pours off the heptane leaving behind the impurities. He lets this cool down to room temperature. If it’s cloudy, he places this into the freezer overnight. If not, he lets it evaporate until it looks cloudy and then places it into the freezer overnight. The following morning he collects the freebase DMT crystals by carefully and quickly pouring off the ice cold heptane leaving behind all the freebase DMT.

He then does another freeze precipitation with more heptane until no more precipitates out.

Sorry, SWIM’s procedure is a little advanced. Sometimes SWIM uses a CLLE for the liquid liquid extraction part because it's automatic, but although its automatic and simple it takes a long time so sometimes he just uses a separatory funnel.

SWIM is switching over to using d-limonene though. He hasn't perfected his d-limonene based DMT tech yet and still uses DCM (dichloromethane) mostly for DMT extraction. But he will eventually no longer use DCM or even heptane, for obvious health reasons.

please keep me posted on the evolution of all your d-limonene teks! this is a HUGE issue SWIM's been trying to figure out.....already bought a 5 gal. jug of 95% pure limonene! ....

as for the tek- unfortunately SWIM does not own a soxhlet, nor does he have and DCM (is there another name for this?)....but the tek is beautiful and he intends to experience freebase DMT from chacruna soon!

love and gratitude!

Back
Top Bottom