• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Mapping bufotenine space

Migrated topic.

jamie

Rising Star
OG Pioneer
So I wanted to start this thread since other people seem to be having success with bufotenine and getting interested..and also due to the fact that many other people seem to not be able to reach the desired level that has been spoken of..

Also this would be a good place to help map out the bufotenine universe based on our experiences..and it can be like a sort of bufo users guide and reference point..bufotenine is still basically a fringe tryptamine and I think there needs to be more written about it.

Bufotenine for starters is a tricky one to learn to work with at first..it does such a good job at hiding itself..it might take patients and a period of time working with the molecule to have that place of visions open up to you..butonce you get there it seems that you can reliably go back..

It's not in your face at all like DMT is..it lets you go into the experince at your pace..when you are ready...it is very relaxing usually and it requires that you relax into it and lay back in the dark to really enter the bufotenine universe.

The visions are nothing less than stunning when you do really get there...nothing like DMT really..simialr to psilocybin in some ways but totally diffeent in others..it's a world unto itslef..totally unique..and it feels older and wiser in many ways than DMT does..

DMT for me is all about me...it takes me to the very centre of that which is me..it has spirit..but for the most part DMT is about me and the universe..bufotenine is not like that..not so far anyway..bufotenine is like an ancient old man that has had enough of all that other stuff and decided to set up camp eons ago on his own terf and never left..DMT hyperspace just sort of formed around this old man..bufotenine definatily feels like a very masuline and ancient being/experience..more like working with a guide than DMT..neither are really a substitute for the other. Something about it feel very shamanic.

It's also not like DMT in that you can smoke it over a 5-10 minute period and the effects continue to build..and it is best this way due to the nausea..though I have no experince with pure bufo..it is also best taken with harmalas in my experience..

The more you work with bufotenine the more it seems to let you into it's world...dedication seems to pay off in the end..I would never had taken a second look at the stuff after getting violently ill many times if it were not for my facination with visionary states and the reports of people like 69rons SWIM..

There are levels to the experience..the first one is the sickness..with the impure stuff anway..tension in the neck and arms, legs etc, accompanied by a feeling of euphoria, consistant with tryptamines..if you take enough a sort of visual static becomes apparent as solors become enhanced, and a peculiar strobing effect follows...once this kicks in I try to smoke some more of it quickly and than lay back..darkness is necessary to really go into it..

At first with eyes closed there is a sort of formless static..and a sense of movement is sometimes present..this will quickly give way to these geometric objects that move through my visual field, alot of the time they are giant spheres and at times there is a big energy gris thing present as well..

If I have taken a high enough dose I will sort of fly into these things..here is that sense of movement again and the gemoemtry becomes rediculousily intricate and very arabic..and also reminds me alot of ancient chavin and incan motifs..it becomes colorful at this point as well..very rainbowy and lazerbeamish..

Then ifthe dose is higher still this space continues to transform and opens up into this space that I am calling the bufotenine room..or bufo dome..at this point the patterns actaully form into a circular geometric field like a dome that i am looking up at, very intircate and beautiful..and the space feels very 3d as if I am actaully inside it looking up at this ceiling..but if I move of sit up I am still connected to my body..so laying down not moving is the best.

This state is very consistant at a certain dosage level for me..I feel I can go back again and again..and something interesting always happens..out of the geometry, which still has retained an electric/static nature, starts forming andless objects...form after form after form..rapidly one after the other..thousands of these things will flash before me within like 2 or 3 minutes it seems..its amazing..confounding..

I have yet to hold onto this state for more than a few minutes though..but every time I get the feeling that this is really only the beginning of what bufotenine can really do..like this place is the actaul gateway into the bufo universe..and it probabily gets very interesting once you pass it..I have yet to though..but I plan on it.

Edit..at the time I wrote this I think this was the farthest I had gone..I later went even deeper and this state I call the "bufotenine universe"..I wrote about reaching that place here..

But once this state fades a bit, I usually enter another fase of the trip..where I become very relaxed and content with everything and I will start to have true visions. This is where I encounter entities and hear voices and things like that..always with a very dreamlike quality..I have sort of fallin into dreamlike sequences where I am not really there..like as if a part of me is asleap..this is not like ego death with DMT though..totally different..more like you just fell asleap but the bufo keeps going..

I once had a vision of my mothers funeral at this level..until I realized what was happening and that she was not dead at all..then I simply opened my eyes and it was like a normal bufo experience..another time I was a little girl crawling out of a window trying to find something that was lost..her grandfather I think..it's very strange, I dont know what else to say about this stage but I think it may have something to do with the fact that you get so relaxed and that I take it in bed..the harmalas might help bring this effect out as well..

There is also this ringing sound in the ears that seems to come along with bufotenine..and recently I started taking it in silent darkness and listening to the ringing..opening up to it..it starts to sort of take over my body and eventually direct the visuals..and I get the feeling that I can actually view the sound and information incoded into a ringtone or something..or when you listen to it it's like tuning into the dialup code of bufotenine..maybe ESR of the molecule or something I dunno..but it's interesting..

Humming or singing icaros is also very pleasurable with bufotenine and really helps me to drive through a sea of visuals..and there are sounds sometimes..like voices singing..I once thought I could hear all these children singing to me from some far away space..

I have come up to these membranes with it as well..sort of like liquid veils filled with color and geometric motifs imbedded within them..looking to be a few inches thick..but I have only passed through one once..it was emminating bright white light and I was flying towards it and once I passed through it I saw a bright flash that seems to fill my entire head in an instand and then faded just as quick and I was in some sort of geometric room..

I have encountered shadow entities as well a few times..sometimes I can only percieve them in my periferal visions and other times they come right up to me..I can never see their faces though they are always sort of this ambiguous shadow..not threatening though they always seem to be very playful and interested..once they were all lined up on this membrane waving at me to the left of my visions and I sort of willed myslef to move through the visions to where they were and then they kind if peeled back the membrane and suddenly I could see in 360 degress with eyes closed..it was very odd..

Another time I felt I was in some sort of space ship..I could see the walls and everything and things outside of the windows..this female shadow person came up and stuck her hand into my head and started putting energy into my head and I was filled with euphoria like she was gicing me a healing or something..when she was finished she left by flying away off into what looked like space..

Well thats it for now my hands hurt and I dunno what else to say..it's facinating stuff though and definatily worthy of further investigation...I know that some others have had success with it lately so it would be good to hear more reports reguarding the makeup of the place..

Interesting read FE, im still to venture down the bufo road so no comment from me.
But il be sure to read along as this thread develops.

PS: nice wave you cought there in your avatar, assuming it is you.

Nice and interesting read Fractal. Bufo definitely needs more attention from me after reading this!
Thanks for sharing bro =)

"PS: nice wave you cought there in your avatar, assuming it is you."

Nope some pro skimboarder..we dont get shorebreak THAT big here..I wish

Thanks for posting fractal, interesting stuff.

I am beginning to explore bufetenine .. yet to have such deep experiences like you describe, but I have not smoked much more than a joint of enhanced leaf in one go. I get to the level of fuzzy tv-static like animated texture, with shapes and spaces forming through it. Often I also get subtle teachings and a kind of therapeutic dialog.. one recent experience was like a therapy session.. minimal visuals but lots of facing issues and emotional release.

I'm also interested in the combination with DMT, but have not explored that one, just once a few days ago which I did not enjoy (smoked a bit of changa about 25 mins into the bufo experience)... I've had some fear issues with dmt recently.
One thing I really like about bufo is that you can take your time with it. Like you can feel the power of it but its up to you to relax and immerse yourself in it.

Right, it's a very friendly entheogen when you get to know how it works and such..hard to really get burned with bufotenine..not at the doses I have taken anyway..although I feel that all my experiences have really only been knocking on the door to where bufo really lives..

It's not going to replace DMT as a plunge into full on ego death..not as far as I can tell anyway..bufotenine is something else..

All the ego shattering I need I can get from jimjam spice, bufotenine I feel like has a differnt agenda..seems to not mind doing it's thing with me there taggin right along..which doesnt bother me after all the spice I have been smoking.

Bufotenine is very dreamy. Here are some of the nifty parts of an experience I recently had :).

First my eyelids became this swarming organism. It was hard to keep them shut. I was playing in there just wondering what bufo was. Watching this thing swim around in mostly black and white static. Nothing changed so I opened my eyes and continues to smoke and then my fan in my room had eyes and it had white shadow and a black shadow. By nothing changed I mean it was always changing but I was looking to go deeper that this staticy dome.

With my eyes now open after smoking more the fractals began. I saw a serpent made out of all these colors the same consistency of the bufo-ocean, ever growing and incalcuble but an amazing sight to see! I shut my eyes back into the organism thing and I realized it was just a membrane and that I deserved to go past it! With each breathe I took I got closer and closer.

Finally I popped through the other side and looked down on it in a weird way and realized it was just balls of energy(mostly blue). Out of the static this SCARY face tried to scare me away but I told it I loved it and that I appreciated it and it emitted another membrane bubble staticy thing from it's crown chakra(top of it's head).

I flowed around trying to navigate through the staticy energy orbs. It seemed controllable but it seemed like it was doing as I pleased through it own nature. Then I saw this golden aztec women or maybe it was a man but all I saw was it's face and hands praying really. But it had this orb and inside of it it looked like either a human heart or a stone with something wrapped inside of it. I tried to breathe it in or great it and it disappeared.

Very awesome experience so sorry to type a novel sadly I left some of it out lol.

Sorry for all the grammar errors and stuff I am typing still feeling it.

Just last night and this morning, I was intensely pondering all the rage about Bufo. :p

How toxic can it be? I've read a lot of reports that talk about cardiovascular stress and other discomforts... which has always made me leery. Dunno if I have the guts to wager my physical being in any ways. :? Any input on the physical side?

And can anyone add to mixing it with Harmalas?

But it is fascinating to read, and answers many questions, thank you. :)

Well about harmalas..the tribes that make the strongest yopo always make it with caapi, and take with caapi only brews as well..I have heard people warn against this on the aya forums but really I dont know why..I dont think there is reason to think that it will react negativily with harmalas. I think that bufo was probabily the origional aya admixture..aside from tobacco.

I have heard some people say on the aya forums that you will get high blood pressure as well if you take it alot and that you should not have it before aya etc..but I dunno seems go against the tradtional use of it for one thing and I personaly never had any problems. I would really need to see some sort of reference to claims like that.

I think there are alot of myths surrounding bufotenine..in part due to the old trials where it was injected..also alot of those old reports I have been reading as well..half the time those people seem to be smoking unbased seeds..not to mention that alot of them did not toast the seeds either..there is other stuff in there than just bufo..there is report after report on erowid of kids buying the seeds, sticking them in a bong as is and lighting up! This stuff should obviousily always be researched first..

It's best to always follow the teks, and I think yopo and vilca are a perfect example of this...it definatily feels wwwwwaaaayyyyy worse when not properly prepared. Granted I have still gotten sick from the prepared stuff..but that doesnt mean toxicity at all..harmalas are a good example of that..they make lots of people sick..so does peyote.

As for toxicity..the LD50 for bufo is higher than that of DMT..

the seeds at least can make one nauseated and I have purged..but toxic..i personally dont think so..not when toasted, freebased and smoked anyway..I have felt some effects from aya as well that I would call toxic if I did not know better..

There is vasoconstriction with bufotenine though..but you dont have to dose all at once so it's alright and if you take ginger before hand it is lessened..and the caapi adds vasodialation..

Bufo is a normal metabolite in the human body so I think that like DMT the body recognizes it and has ways of dealing with molecule that dont put much stress on the system.

On the plus side I feel healthier and more alive usually after taking the stuff..leaves me feeling happy and well. Maybe it has some positive effects on the seratonin levels afterwords or something..

Might not be everyones thing though..personally I dont think it's something for random "trippers" if you know what I mean..manic minxx you seem to be an aya veteran and into shamanism and putting in the time working with these things being patient etc so you may find it to be a great teacher or you may just puke and hate it!..to each their own. But I would suggest you start low if you do try it..maybe just a small puff here and there with some aya just to feel it's sprit..

Anyways it would be really great if the people that are working with it like jorkest and mydriasis, balaganist etc could log journeys here as they go and we could discuss just what is going on here with bufotenine and map out the place a bit..

Jorkest and I were talking about this earlier and thats what inspired me to make this thread..there is just something about bufotenine that is soo facinating..so thanks jorkest for all the interesting conversations reguarding this stuff that got my inspiration going!

fractal seems to have nailed it...and TRAV WE NEED A BUFO SECTION

anyway..the sense of movement is incredible..i will write more after an experience..but i also wanted to point out..that i believe both fractal and i have puked a LOT when trying to get into bufotenine..

i dont puke anymore..or even get nausea...i think its part of its security system..or a guardian for it..ill explain more later

I puke last week but that was the first time in many many many journeys with it I had purged..butI had eaten alot that night and the purge felt good.

used to make me puke and dry heave though when I was trying it a few years ago and never had much success..

Regarding the toxic effects... I tried smoking a dried snuff-type mix (with sodium carb) a few months ago... that was horrible, strong vasodilation and nausea. I then tried toasting and freebasing to black goo, was better... recently I followed Jorkest's bufojam tek with 2-3 good toastings.. and my current batch of bufo enhanced leaf has very little constriction effects, just a little bit few a few mins after smoking.. goes away after that.

I've yet to have a purge on this stuff... but have not had a big dose.. yet!
Yes I agree, looks like we need a Bufotenine section for the forum.

ahhh the toast tek was actually fractal enchantments! i just wrote it up so that it could be put on the wiki..and so people would have a clear outline of how it was done...the bufojam part was added by me..as i find dmt and bufotenine go very very well together

when i snorted some impure bufotenine once..about 50mg..i puked so hard..and then passed out...not fun...at all

before this tek was made..it was very difficult to purify bufotenine from the other toxic like chemicals..which caused massive amounts of nausea for me..also my smoking technique sucked..i would try smoking the whole dose in one go...and now i understand how to smoke it slower...the joint method works pretty well for me...but i want to try getting some higher doses..and i think that will involve a bowl of sorts..i might try running it through water to see if it takes some of the harshness away

I was talking a bit with jorkest last night about bufotenine and it's afterglow effects..it seems to have a very nice afterglow, very positive and it lingers..very antidepressive..I have spoken about this briefly with others at the aya forums as well..many people seem to have noticed this..

If you look at bufotenine (5-ho-DMT), it is very close in structure to seratonin (5-HT)...so there could be something going on there..bufotenine is even also referred to as dimethyl-seratonin. It has a distinct empathic quality to it from my experience..that is it's main mental effect..a euphoric sort of empathy..

So there may be some sort of interaction with the seratonin receptor system there..or maybe an effect on the seratonin levels directly that lasts for a day or so..

Guys, Fractal Enchantment’s descriptions of the effects of bufotenine in the first post of this thread are stop on.

SWIM uses pure bufotenine only these days. But even then, the way Fractal Enchantment describes the effects of bufotenine and caapi sound just like the effects of pure bufotenine to me.

SWIM has found that the harmalas do alter the experience, making it more DMT-like, but not by much. They tend to lengthen the trip and make it a little stronger as well. But the main character of the bufotenine experience is still there in the mix.

The trip seems to evolve, as if it’s being metabolized to something more psilocin like in the body. The visuals change throughout the trip. I divide it into 4 distinct phases of effects:

Phase 1 - At the very start, they are just colorless wiggly swirly lines, like that sometimes seen on 5-MeO-DMT. This is the first 5 minutes or so. If the bufotenine is impure, this is when you feel the nausea and pressure. If pure, you still feel some slight pressure, but no nausea. Whether pure or not, you’re likely to feel some strong prickling sensations that start from the back of the head and spread throughout the body as it fades to a mild pleasant tingling sensation.

Phase 2 - The visuals take on more form with lots of complex fractals, especially with the eyes closed. With the eyes closed, the visuals have a very electric, neon-like look to them, they are like outlines of shapes, and they tend to be very fast moving as if you’re traveling through them at a fast pace. There’s a flashing strobe-like quality to them as well, and they are colorful with the eyes close with red and blue being the dominant colors seen (for SWIM at least). This lasts a good 5-10 minutes.

Phase 3 - Visions unfold with the eyes closed and the visual effects take on a different, software more ayahuasca-like appearance. These are no longer just a bunch of shapes, but actual places, you might see people, hear voices, music, etc. This lasts a good 10-20 minutes, depending on the dose.

Phase 4 - This is usually at the 30 minute mark. It feels a lot like psilocin. At this point the visions are usually gone, but psilocin-like visuals remain, and the feeling of the trip is very euphoric. This part of the trip is more affected by harmalas.

I believe that these phases are caused by bufotenine’s poor lipid solubility. As it slowly enters into the brain, it becomes more visual, feels more like psilocin and has less effect on the body. At the 20 minute point, I think most of it has entered the brain.

I know what you mean ron about red and blue as the dominant colors in phase 2..I get that as well..then in the next phase it's full technocolor visions.

As far as toxicity is concerned, bufotenine (5-HO-DMT) is well documented to be less toxic than DMT in nearly all animal tests. While there’s been some health concern with injected bufotenine in humans, there has also been health concern with injected DMT in humans. Both seem more toxic by injection in humans, so I would recommend not injecting either. Both have caused near fatal reactions by injection in humans, but neither has ever killed anyone as far as I know. For some reason the single near fatal bufotenine injection is more talked about in the press than the near fatal DMT injection has been.

The shamans that use vilca do not consider it dangerous at all. They often use it with caapi, coca, and tobacco. Epena, on the other hand is considered dangerous. Epena contains mostly 5-MeO-DMT, and it is known by shamans to have caused a few deaths.

Here are some LD50s for reference showing DMT is by far the most toxic:

DMT 110 mg/kg by intramuscular injection in mice
5-MeO-DMT 115 mg/kg by intraperitoneal injection in mice
Caffiene: 168 mg/kg by intraperitoneal injection in mice
Bufotenine: 200 mg/kg by intraperitoneal injection in mice
Mescaline: 212 mg/kg by intraperitoneal injection in mice

NOTE: intraperitoneal means injected into a body cavity. Intramuscular means injected into muscles. Intramuscular doses are usually less than 1/2 the strength of intraperitoneal doses, so that reference to DMT is actually much worse than it looks with the predicted intraperitoneal LD50 to be less than 55 mg/kg by intraperitoneal injection in mice! So it’s clearly by far the most toxic of the bunch.

With DMT being nearly 4 times as toxic and bufotenine, and requiring a dose that is roughly 2-10 times more for equivalent effects, I think it’s pretty obvious how much safer bufotenine appears to be.

Of course these numbers are based on mice, and it shows that bufotenine is safer than caffeine in MICE. But actual human data is non-existent. There is not a single human death known to be cause by bufotenine, so the LD50 for humans remains completely unknown.

fractal enchantment said:
I was talking a bit with jorkest last night about bufotenine and it's afterglow effects..it seems to have a very nice afterglow, very positive and it lingers..very antidepressive..I have spoken about this briefly with others at the aya forums as well..many people seem to have noticed this..

If you look at bufotenine (5-ho-DMT), it is very close in structure to seratonin (5-HT)...so there could be something going on there..bufotenine is even also referred to as dimethyl-seratonin. It has a distinct empathic quality to it from my experience..that is it's main mental effect..a euphoric sort of empathy..

So there may be some sort of interaction with the seratonin receptor system there..or maybe an effect on the seratonin levels directly that lasts for a day or so..

i have found that after ANY bufo session..the next day..i feel absolutely wonderful..clear headed...energized..and with MILD visual effects...the visual effects of bufotenine seem to linger for me for a few days sometimes...

Back
Top Bottom