• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

meetings at festivals are ok here?

Migrated topic.

sleepypelican

Rising Star
lets say there was an upcoming concert in my area and i wanted to post the info on here to "invite" others to come. is this ok here at the nexus?

From my understanding, this is acceptable.

The Attitude Page said:
Due to potential legal risks, we do not want people giving their emails or personal contacts (or displaying full face pictures) openly. We don't want people telling other members they don't already know to meet up privately, this can be a problem for both the people meeting as well as bringing attention for the whole community. The only exception we make is that we allow establishing general meeting points for festivals and conferences because you don't have to say who you are in the Nexus when going there, and you can go to the meeting point if you want while remaining anonymous. If you do meet up, do not bring drugs and be sure to maintain your personal safety.

Entheogenerator said:
From my understanding, this is acceptable.

The Attitude Page said:
Due to potential legal risks, we do not want people giving their emails or personal contacts (or displaying full face pictures) openly. We don't want people telling other members they don't already know to meet up privately, this can be a problem for both the people meeting as well as bringing attention for the whole community. The only exception we make is that we allow establishing general meeting points for festivals and conferences because you don't have to say who you are in the Nexus when going there, and you can go to the meeting point if you want while remaining anonymous. If you do meet up, do not bring drugs and be sure to maintain your personal safety.

Shpongle House Of Blues - Houston March 1st 2014 9:00PM

Man, that sounds like fun. I'm trying to get things lined up so that I can see him in Denver at Red Rocks Amphitheater in May... It is the coolest venue I have ever been to, and I have been eager to see Shpongle live for years!

sleepypelican said:
Ive always wanted to go to a show at red rocks, looks like such an amazing venue.
It really is. I had never been (even though I have lived reasonably close for a long time) until this summer. I saw Queens of the Stone Age with Gogol Bordello there in August and it was by far the most incredible show/venue I have ever been to! :love:

Although I can definitely imagine that Shpongle at Red Rocks just might blow that show clear out of the water! :d

Im going to be checking out Queens of the Stone Age this Feb. I saw em open for Nine Inch Nails a few years ago and they were awesome, plus the new album is just bad ass

Entheogenerator said:
Man, that sounds like fun. I'm trying to get things lined up so that I can see him in Denver at Red Rocks Amphitheater in May... It is the coolest venue I have ever been to, and I have been eager to see Shpongle live for years!

My wife and I plan to catch them in WI this year. I'd love to see them at Red Rocks, Simon has said that's his favorite place to play in the U.S. so the energy should be amazing.

zhoro said:
Anyone going to Tribal Gathering in Panama in a few days by any chance?

I was thinking about it for 2016, but getting that much time off at that time of year might be difficult for me as I just took off a lot of time this summer for festivals...still, who knows I might end up going.

jamie said:
zhoro said:
Anyone going to Tribal Gathering in Panama in a few days by any chance?

I was thinking about it for 2016, but getting that much time off at that time of year might be difficult for me as I just took off a lot of time this summer for festivals...still, who knows I might end up going.

I loved the experience last year. I found myself more connected to the indigenous culture aspect of the festival (had an amazing teepee ceremony) than the psytrance one :). I was happy to see that the former was even more emphasized this year. I recommend going if you can.

This reminder comes a little late, anyway, Boom tickets are already out for sale! The upcoming topic in 2016 is "shamanism".

Hope to see you guys around.

tseuq

Back
Top Bottom