• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Midnight Express Grow

Migrated topic.
arcologist said:
I think you can top autos, I did it on two plants I have going now and while it did seem to slow down the growth for a bit, the yield doesn't look like it was that poorly affected. I topped them only once very early after the second set of fan leaves appears.

I used to use a wire to bend the growing tip down and the side shoots get big buds without sacrificing the top kola. the plant takes a vertical growth pattern. I have heard of using fishing weights to bend them as well. Adjust every few days.

skoobysnax said:
I used to use a wire to bend the growing tip down and the side shoots get big buds without sacrificing the top kola. the plant takes a vertical growth pattern. I have heard of using fishing weights to bend them as well. Adjust every few days.

LST is a good thing for an autoflower. You can increase yield without the sacrifice of topping. Yes, you can technically top an autoflower, but it seldom increases yield (and often harms it). However, some autoflower strains with a longer growing period (strain-dependent, of course) might still benefit from topping. Hmmm.

LST is something I plan on incorporating into my next grow as well. I use to do topping, but heard that wasn't useful for autos. I later found out about LST after it was already flowering.

Back
Top Bottom