• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

mushroom extraction

Migrated topic.
semios said:
Korey what method did you use?

The one posted in this thread.

Though it did not produce a completely pure product, the resulting material was similar to the crystals in the tek above. 80mg proved to be a more than effective medium dose, but also with that dosage in mind it proves there was a lot of unwanted material in the crystal that should have been removed in order to get a more pure product. I usually experience nausea even on medium doses of psilocybin mushrooms, but with the extracts I notice none.

benzyme said:
dtrypt said:
In my humble opinion, if you don't have a professional organic chemistry lab and hours to spend on this, just eat the mushrooms...

I did it without a professional lab, just the right tools. It doesn't even take hours to do.

remember: can't never could.

Hey Benzyme, very nice result!

Can you explain how you did it please? The everclear evap tek?

I would like to make some crystals myself, but am a little concerned about purity, anyway please share some info! :)

Cheers

i did it by the benzyme methanol tek. they're not crystals, because they're impure.
you won't get pure crystals using everclear, or any alcohol for that matter, because
alcohol pulls other fungal compounds along with the alkaloids. if you want to purify them, you'd need to elute them through a column of silica, using ethyl acetate, 1-butanol, and chloroform.

benzyme said:
i did it by the benzyme methanol tek. they're not crystals, because they're impure.
you won't get pure crystals using everclear, or any alcohol for that matter, because
alcohol pulls other fungal compounds along with the alkaloids. if you want to purify them, you'd need to elute them through a column of silica, using ethyl acetate, 1-butanol, and chloroform.

How stable is it? I only have IPA 99% at hand at the moment, is it okay to try with?

I would like to obtain a stable product that is easy to weigh even if it is not pure. I suppose it can be tricky business as psilocybin is pretty unstable.

Dried mushrooms are usually okay but are not equally potent so if we could somehow perform an efficient extraction in order to obtain a homogeneous psychoactive mass that could be easily measured and stored, it would be great!

What you think about it?

I checked the Nexus Wiki but couldn't find what I wanted to know.
Does anyone here know:
Is Psilocin and/or Psilocybin soluble in either Di Ethyl Ether, Petroleum Ether or Naphtha?

Back
Top Bottom