• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Music to trip/with/by/to/because of?

Migrated topic.
I could seriousily blast off to this..

...I love Joni...so beautiful.

I like her here as well..

You can tell she really puts herself into her music..such an angel.

edit..oh and this one..look at her go!

how the hell do you people listen to music on dmt..?
have you not realized that any visual or auditory stimulus only takes away from the experience?
any sort of distraction completely derails your natural journey and ruins what you may have had going.
shpongle is the absolute worst to deem to.
it changes way too often and has no real structure to speak of.

dmt hits the soul. say what you want, but it does. any sort of outside stimulation hits the brain. if your soul is going in one direction and suddenly music sends your brain in a different direction, you have a bad situation.
i have been there and it was the most difficult thing i have ever experienced. i hope to god that none of you ever experience it.

bottom line is this.
no music
no tv
no stimuli at all.
go hike up a mountain or walk out into a marsh and do it there.
your brain and what god put on this earth is all you need.

Sumone mentioned Shiva Chandra, yeeee, that was some awesome music.

Shpongle is there too, I also like tripping out to The Doors, Entropy, KDD, Matudero and the list goes on... I used to records mixes that i made and then that wa what id listen to whilst tripping, my own selection no need to change tunes when things start getting crazy.

When there is Spice involved, never any tunes, just silence.

What about: King Crimson - In the Wake of Poseidon

According to SWIM, that album captures all the nuances of a strong but dark acid trip to near perfection. It portrays the madness of a high dose of LSD, the complexity of it, as well as the spontaneity of it, in a way that’s very convincing. The second to last piece on the album, which is just music, is probably the best example.

This album is dark and can be a little crazy at times.

This album is truly an “experience”. It takes some getting used to. The first time you hear it your response is likely to be, “what the heck was that!” Give it a little time to grow on you. It’s a very unusual album, and really goes way beyond normal music to such an extent that it can drive some people away (my wife cannot stand this album).

The first time I heard this album, I didn’t really like it. I listened a few times and then got to get comfortable with how far out it gets. The only song on this album that I can’t get used to is “Cat Food”. I always skip over that song. It’s too insane for my tastes, but the rest of the album is fantastic once you get used to the craziness of the music.

According to SWIM, this album is a perfect acid trip album, and is a notorious “freak out” album, so inexperienced acid users should probably pick a different album as a backdrop to their auditory acid adventure. I think some serious old time acid users will appreciate this album, and actually welcome its “freak out” potential.

Attachments

• In+the.jpg
    In+the.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 0
heres a nice playlist for more dub-ambient-spiritual kinda stuff lovers :p :

East of The River ganges - Mango In My Flute Mix
Elephant Trax - Hammer To The Nail Dub
The Kumba Mela - Himalayan Dub
Interstellar Hiss - Sky Is No Fire Dub
Banco de Gaia - 144k
Insticnt - It's warm On The Otherside
Anahata - Doors of Avalon
Celestium - Avalon
Juno Reactor - Song for Ancestors
Swivel Pigeon - Swarigami
Another Green World - The Seraph Speaks
Cat Von Trapp - Stars of Babylon in Her Eyes

EDIT: theres also a 4 hours chillout set i find it to be PERFECT for tripping on dmt and STRONGLY RECOMMEND which is "NASA - Acid Therapy". may be most of you know this set since its a quite popular one. I attached a tracklist for the set so you can download from song names one by one if you wish. Im sure anyone who likes shpongle gonna like it, already contains few shpongle songs... enjoy :)!

Attachments

• NASA+-+Acid+Therapy+(Chillout+Session).txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for all those tips.

Yes ron, King Crimson is great, especially Robert Fripp!

Has Terry Riley been mentioned? What might have inspired his early piece 'Mescalin mix'!
I have much of his work on vinyl (but no means to play it at the moment). Shri Camel, Harp of New Albion, Rainbow in curved air, Poppy nogood, etc etc...

Not being in the the mood for Riley or subtle Indian ragas, I just stumbled upon KTU with the great ex-KC Trey Gunn and crazy Finnish accordeonist/composer Kimmo Pohjonen - raw power:
[YOUTUBE]

I know what your saying dubrules, I meditate on nothingness, so I try not to do anything, hear nothing, need nothing etc mimic the principles of space. And in a sense by doing so, I gain the opposite of nothingness. Not fully achieved nothingness yet though.. in a sense haha.

I do occassionally like to prepare for launch with music, and that's going to be some very minimal ambient, something like vidna obmana. No way could I listen to stuff like shpongle or some mad goa whilst tripping, I can't even listen to it while sober.

The fist time i ever experience dmt i was listening to the Grateful Dead's Dark Star.....fillmore East 2/13/70. EPIC !!
DubRules said:
have you not realized that any visual or auditory stimulus only takes away from the experience?
any sort of distraction completely derails your natural journey and ruins what you may have had going.

dmt hits the soul. say what you want, but it does. any sort of outside stimulation hits the brain. if your soul is going in one direction and suddenly music sends your brain in a different direction, you have a bad situation.
i have been there and it was the most difficult thing i have ever experienced. i hope to god that none of you ever experience it.

bottom line is this.
no music
no tv
no stimuli at all.

Us people ??? How are you able to stereotype people as "you people", when dmt has hit your soul....as you say.

It's one thing to disagree and state your OPINION and it's another thing to stereotype and speak in absolutes.

I happen to agree with you to some extenent, but to say there is a right way or a wrong way of doing or experiencing ANY entheogen, tells me that you don't have a whole lot of experience with them.

Personally i prefer being in nature while on a journey, but that's not alway's possible for me.

Sometimes i just want to sit in silence with only the auditory effects of dmt.

Sometimes i like to listen to some nice ambient soundscapes that can be absolutely beauiful add can add another element to the journey.

It really depends on my state of mind at the time.

I like you do not like listening to any psy trance or anything with heavy beats or rhythem because i feel that it keeps me too grounded to the music and not the "experience", but i certainly wouldn't critisize anyone for doing so. Music is a gift and so is dmt.

DubRules said:

bottom line is this.
no music
no tv
no stimuli at all.

lol dude. i know what happens on gud breakthroughs when theres music ... so i recommend you to talk more personally next time.

DMT hits your soul true, as much as it hits your brain so being in a good mood on a trip especially if its a high dose trip is very important and i find my mood by shpongle, and dont say that shpongle is the worst coz its the best for me. Do dmt with no music or nothing as you wish but i like tripping on music, i bet you are also tripping on acid with no music or nothing. But i like dark psy for that.

DMT is a journey for me, may be a journey of understanding sometimes, but what will happen even if you understand the reason of existance? NOTHING... so learn to enjoy it a bit imo. This is some nice soul-candy that has been gifted to you by the nature. im already gonna leave this reality in some years why not enjoying a bit then ?

I found some of my favorite Ozric Tentacles tunes on YouTube:

This music speaks to me like nothing else.

Hi Folks,

I am a big fan of Queer Ninja's World Wide Weed broadcast on Dopefiend.co.uk : The Cannabis Podcast Network. He has done a series of genre-specific playlists that are just brilliant.

In particular, I have found the following to be VERY DMT and LSD friendly:

qn09-01
playlist is:
Fire Of The Oracle – Suvarna
Ohm (Featuring Gema and Miroslav Duval) – Adham Shaikh
Lyra – Tripswitch
Angelic Particles (Buckminster Fullerine Mix – OTT Remix) – L.S.D
UFO Over Trenchtown – Eat Static
The Garden – Adham Shaikh
Ribbon On a Branch – Younger Brother
The Last Lighthouse Keeper – Transit Kings
What You Fear and What You Hear - Lee Curtis Connection
Longing - Craig Pruess & Deepa Nair

My absolute FAVORITE is # 7. I wound up (during Levitate) in the insane alien carnival breakthrough space on a roller coaster cart with joyous elves to my left and right. We moved through a crazy, 3-D landscape on roller-coaster tracks while fantastic, detailed 3-D objects emerged from the "walls" in time to the music. When it was time to leave, the elves tried to hold me in their cart using both their arms and their minds.

qn09-07
playlist is:
Revelation Ridge – Echo Pilot
I Know That I Know - Capsula
Fruit Of Mahoot - Slackbaba
Levitate – Solar Fields
Sunfruits Avenue – Aural Planet
Mysanthia – Sundial Aeon
Staring At The Abyss - Shulman
Purple Lights – White Star

Also, VERY spice-friendly is
qn-09-08
playlist is:
Lost Eden - Asura
Sacred Plants
Sundial Moof - Cell
You - Ailo
Cave Of Angels – Dreadzone
Whirling Forest – Suns Of Arqa
Sri Ram – Mind Over Matter.

Please do check these out. They are absolutely free to listen to and download/keep forever. Queer Ninja really knows his chill/trip music.

Peace & Love,
Pandora

so much great taste in music here:d
i only use music while journeying if i need to block out other noises.--unless, of course, i happen to be on a journey at a music festival!
but for back ground music, i really love the psytrance.
here are three of my fav sites for free music:

the latter 2 have multiple channels. i usually prefer the psytrance/goa or psychill/chillout
shpongle has been described by some as psybient whice is a sub-genre of psychedelic and ambient trance music
i LOVE internet radio because it is always different, and there is always a channel to match my headspace.

Back
Top Bottom